Confirmed with Link: What to do With Iafallo / Update: Iafallo re-signed 4 years, 16 million

What to do with Iafallo

• Total voters

Maynard

Veteran of Forum Wars
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2003
Orange County
So Hoven was wrong again when he said AI was gone. He all but had himself and Bernstein driving Iafollo to the airport and walking him to the gate.

4cc0a572-b516-4785-a65d-4f22e84e6d24_text.gif

Yet another reason to never take “the mayor” seriously.

Rommel

Apr 29, 2009
Recife
Great deal. Blake needs to focus on making this team better, we need to get an impact player via trade or FA.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
to be fair to Hoven he was saying this thinking the cap hit was going to be 5 million and i would agree if he didnt blink he would have been gone

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Yet another reason to never take “the mayor” seriously.
Why? Trades and contract signings have a very small circle so I wouldn’t expect him to have the finite details on this stuff. It’s also unusual for an extension to get done this late, so the smart money was on him going. He was always clear that the Kings wanted to sign him, rather than trade him, so on that component he was correct. I’m glad it got done but I thought he was gone as I’m sure did many of us.

Hoven is most definitely well connected with the organisation, but he’s never going to have a 100% hit rate on things if there is any sort of competence in the organisation.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
So Hoven was wrong again when he said AI was gone. He all but had himself and Bernstein driving Iafollo to the airport and walking him to the gate.

4cc0a572-b516-4785-a65d-4f22e84e6d24_text.gif

That "miracle" was a reasonable contract from both sides. I listened to an episode of Hoven's podcast (he interviewed Mikey and JAD) and it's clear that he didn't think of Iafallo as a top line guy, but he didn't receive a top line salary so I don't see what the big deal is.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
i'm honestly a bit surprised that $4M aav required this intense and long of negotiations

4x4 kinda seemed like the nobrainer deal all along didn't it?

Reactions: The Gabe Blade

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Management thinks they are a playoff team next season and Blake is going to do some shopping this off-season to help get them there. Making the playoffs this year was always a best-case scenario as Blake made no serious additions to help make them a playoff team.
Shopping Blake? College free agents maybe,but actual shopping as in NHL ready NHL talent...I doubt it...not Mr thrifty...as for play-offs,we need another D-man and an actual,legitimate scorer unlike Yafallo

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
It's not a seller's market, but Foligno and Savard just returned first round picks? Hall had a full NMC. Boston didn't have to offer as much because not many teams were on Hall's list.
You're right. I stand corrected.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Don't like the deal, but if there was no good trade offer out there, then I guess it's the best option.

AI better be 50 point player from here on out.

Reactions: andys

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
@andys in shambles right about now. Yafallo re-signing has to be a nightmare for him.

But for real, are two players going to come in and knock him out of a top six left wing spot? Let's assume that does happen, Iafallo would be overpaid on the third line by what, a million at most? Oh no! For a whole year or two? Say it ain't so!
Not in shambles really,just see many games where the 1st line shits the bed because of the Twin Coattails! Hope the "Farm" boyz grow up fast and jell fast enough for LA to have REAL 1st line!

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
$1m for every 10pts is something I once read somewhere and generally agree with. At least for role players. Top names, you tend to have to give extra for the privilege of them signing with you.
For a Million dollars per 10 pts there are a lot of players willing to slam down the Pfizers and Steroids

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad