Confirmed with Link: What to do With Iafallo / Update: Iafallo re-signed 4 years, 16 million

What to do with Iafallo

• Total voters

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I expect him to settle down a bit but still, even a 60 point season is what I figured his ceiling to be.

I'm gonna gloat a minute because I took a pretty good f***ing beating for defending these three in particular--feeling pretty good about my Iafallo, Danault, and Clague bullishness right about now. Next up--Turcotte :nod: and Vilardi at wing.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
I expect him to settle down a bit but still, even a 60 point season is what I figured his ceiling to be.

I'm gonna gloat a minute because I took a pretty good f***ing beating for defending these three in particular--feeling pretty good about my Iafallo, Danault, and Clague bullishness right about now. Next up--Turcotte :nod: and Vilardi at wing.

I'm on the exact same train you are. But I don't have your energy to fight the good fight :laugh:

SufferingSelfCreated

Apr 5, 2020

I expect you to die on one of those two hills. If I had to guess, Vilardi. He's too slow for the NHL. There. I said it. lol.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Option 4: sign and deal him. step 1 done. step 2 within 7 days for upgrade please.

What to do with Iafallo​

• Deal him​

Votes: 5441.9%
  • Let him walk​

Votes: 32.3%
  • Re-sign​

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Option 4: sign and deal him. step 1 done. step 2 within 7 days for upgrade please.

For who? Where to?

Screen-Shot-2022-03-08-at-11.30.24-AM.png

Like it or not, he's a good defensive forward on a good contract.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
For who? Where to?

Screen-Shot-2022-03-08-at-11.30.24-AM.png

Like it or not, he's a good defensive forward on a good contract.
The Kings have a lot of defensive forwards. Kopitar, Kempe, Moore, Danault, Arvidsson, Lizotte and they are training Turcotte Byfield and Kupari to be responsible. If they can get a good goal scorer and they ask for Iafallo they should probably do it.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
The Kings have a lot of defensive forwards. Kopitar, Kempe, Moore, Danault, Arvidsson, Lizotte and they are training Turcotte Byfield and Kupari to be responsible. If they can get a good goal scorer and they ask for Iafallo they should probably do it.

Kempe has not been very good defensively this year from an analytics standpoint. Kopitar and Danault have been pretty good. Moore and Lizotte have been better. Iafallo has been the best.

Moving Iafallo for an elite forward is great in theory, but who would we actually be moving him for?

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
He has earned a bit more rope than to give up on him now. His contract is still good and he has a lot of time to figure it out. Worse comes to worst, he would be an elite third-line option on a competitive team.

The Lukeman

Opinionated
Apr 7, 2019
He has earned a bit more rope than to give up on him now. His contract is still good and he has a lot of time to figure it out. Worse comes to worst, he would be an elite third-line option on a competitive team.
Iafallo is just going thru a slump. Yes, he needs to play better, but if he shat the bed every game for the rest of the season, I would still give him a C+ or B- score for the year. He has been good, and still is pretty good defensively even though the offense has completely dried up.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Kempe has not been very good defensively this year from an analytics standpoint. Kopitar and Danault have been pretty good. Moore and Lizotte have been better. Iafallo has been the best.

Moving Iafallo for an elite forward is great in theory, but who would we actually be moving him for?
It would have to be in a package for a special scorer otherwise probably not worth trading him.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
He is fine on the 3rd line for a contender, maybe the 2nd line for a decent team, but it's apparent that without an elite #1 center carrying him there just isn't going to be the offensive production to warrant continuing on the 1st line. The Kings needed to find someone to either replace Kopitar as the 1C or be the offensive force next to him on the wing. Blake has yet to come even close to achieving either thing. Next season is going to be pretty scary offensively for this team if Kopitar continues to regress and some of the guys who had career years kind of come back to Earth. They will really need someone like Kaliyev to jump a couple of levels to offset some of that.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Byeafallo.. he's expendable. He's a glue guy you need on every team that does all those little things, but we can get something similar possibly out of Turcotte on an ELC, saving 4M per. That would be a gamble but worth it to enable putting that money toward a real scoring forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad