Confirmed with Link: What to do With Iafallo / Update: Iafallo re-signed 4 years, 16 million

What to do with Iafallo

• Total voters

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
No that would certainly be an unreasonable contract. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't even get that on the open market.

Another option would be to keep him and let him go to free agency as a King and see what other offers are out there. They are likely in line with what the Kings are offering now so he might wise up and opt to stay.

That'd be a big gamble though, not sure I'd have the balls to go that route.

Their are enough teams that have space, even with the cap stuck at $81.5, that ~$3.75 x 4 (and the 4th year is stretching it) isn't gonna hold up.

AnThGrt

Feb 13, 2005
Park City, UT
I'd like to hang onto him if at or below 4m. There are two perfect comparable and he falls inbetween them closer to Toffoli. Pearson and Toffoli both have cups, which adds value. To those saying just pay him even if 5 million... What happens when all the prospects come up, their contracts end, and they use Iaffolo as their comparable for contracts? That is the issue giving out more than he is worth. If he wants more than 4m I ship him out as it does long term damage signing him for more than he is worth.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
I'd like to see something like $4 million for 3 years for the Kings, but I'm sure that Iafallo is pushing for a longer term. I'm gonna guess it resolves at $4.25 million per year for 4 years. Seems fair for both sides.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

mysterman2

Jul 11, 2020
So Cal
To those saying just pay him even if 5 million... What happens when all the prospects come up, their contracts end, and they use Iaffolo as their comparable for contracts?

Given many of the kids are on ELCs, thats a few years down the road and there will be a whole new set of comparables.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

AnThGrt

Feb 13, 2005
Park City, UT
Given many of the kids are on ELCs, thats a few years down the road and there will be a whole new set of comparables.
Yeah no not how it works... Few season old contracts are regularly brought up yet alone with a flat cap the next few years. Also if he signs 5 yrs 5m he will be on books when most contracts end. That is what he is asking for.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
Kopi is our lone Star forward and Yafallo is pronounced Yafallo...not I a fall o! I never said Yafallo was trash only a 3rd liner on a Stanley Cup contender/Winner!
Did u not see the video of him saying his own name as I a fall o ? or are u trying to say he;s not pronouncing his own name right lol

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
When the Kings throw the Kopi line its really only 2/3rds of a line sine Yafallo and Dusty are half men,no talent steroids bums

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
The only reason to re-sign Iafallo is if management thinks the Kings are a playoff team during his next contract term.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
i feel like once the Carter trade was made, that basically cemented AI being re-signed. That's the tea leaves i'm reading. We will be trying to win next season especially with fans in the seats. We won't do so with all 18-22 yr olds. So likely he'll get traded in a couple hours lol.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
i feel like once the Carter trade was made, that basically cemented AI being re-signed. That's the tea leaves i'm reading. We will be trying to win next season especially with fans in the seats. We won't do so with all 18-22 yr olds. So likely he'll get traded in a couple hours lol.

I wonder if Iafallo re-signs what that means for AA.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
I'd like to hang onto him if at or below 4m. There are two perfect comparable and he falls inbetween them closer to Toffoli. Pearson and Toffoli both have cups, which adds value. To those saying just pay him even if 5 million... What happens when all the prospects come up, their contracts end, and they use Iaffolo as their comparable for contracts? That is the issue giving out more than he is worth. If he wants more than 4m I ship him out as it does long term damage signing him for more than he is worth.
Neither Toffoli or Pearson is a good comparable for Iafallo. Iafallo is at a higher level than both. He is just flat out the better player.

Forget looking at just the Kings and look league wide, Iafallo is a legitimate first line LW and all of his real comparables start at $4.75 as the cap hit.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Agree to a contact extension, trade him, and then sign him over the summer.

If you want to sign him, sign him. Don't get cute. Agreeing to anything means nothing. Give him a taste of other living, he's probably not coming back.

I'm still thinking it'll be 5/$25m. Maybe $4.5m per. The problem is he's one of the younger UFAs out there, and whether or not it's due exclusively to Kopitar, he's been a 50pt guy the last 2 years.

The Gabe Blade

Jul 9, 2004
I feel like it will be like Toffoli with everyone excited its done then realize its not a good deal for the production you get and wish he gets traded.

Maybe AI will use the same Pilates Instructor this offseason.

Reactions: Lt Dan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad