Speculation: What to do when the Balls fall our way?

What to do w/ 1OA?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarge58

Jan 25, 2014
First I would take the potential superstar in Lafreniere
Second I'd take the 3rd+5th pick and Draft Stutzle and Raymond/Drysdale that could give us a scary good young team with plenty of cap space a la Avs
Third If available id take Barkov

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Well one LA fan agreed to 1oa for 2oa+Turcotte. Still not sure if I would do it, and I'm a little put off at how little resistance he had to the idea. It was too easy.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Draft Lafreniere and develop him as a center.

If his character is as reported, he will step up to the challenge.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
The only slight hole in his game is skating, but he's got the shot, great vision and passing, is strong and reasonably big. More than anything, though, he's got that aura of greatness around him, I think, and he seems to have it consistently, not just once in a while.
When you watch his full games, he also has some warts in terms of decision making and turnovers, he makes a lot of blind passes. His play at the WJC was incredible, but doesn't match up with some of his late in the season CHL play. I think he will be fine physically out of the gate but I think he would struggle at least initially playing an NHL game, or at least the Wild's style of play. Whatever they did to get Fiala up to speed would likely be of huge benefit to Laf if he does end up on this team, but I do think there will be more of a learning curve than the consensus seems to think for this player.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Drafting a guy as a winger, then expecting him to convert to a C is madness.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Well one LA fan agreed to 1oa for 2oa+Turcotte. Still not sure if I would do it, and I'm a little put off at how little resistance he had to the idea. It was too easy.
Anytime somebody is willing to send that much value back for one player, you usually know that’s a player you don’t want to trade.

Reactions: AKL

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Say we get lucky enough to win and select laff. It's not like you can't have him hop over in transition after face off situations to form a super star line or take offensive face offs here and there on gassed icing lines imo.

Kap Laff Fiala could be used as needed not as a base for a line.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Keep the superstar where he became a superstar. Boldy would do fine between he and Fiala.
I do not want a superstar. We are not in the superstar business.

We want a Cup.

If he is everything that people say he is, then I am doubling down on his ability and growth potential. I am adding leverage to my bet.

Last edited:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I do not want a superstar. We are not in the superstar business.

We want a Cup.

If he is everything that people say he is, then I am doubling down on his ability and growth potential. I am adding leverage to my bet.
What was the last team to win a cup without a superstar?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
What was the last team to win a cup without a superstar?

The leading point getters for the 2010-11 Boston Bruins were Milan Lucic and David Krejci with 62 points. Lucic the leading goal scorer with 32.

Tim Thomas was a superstar that year but hardly what one thinks of when one refers to the term.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
The leading point getters for the 2010-11 Boston Bruins were Milan Lucic and David Krejci with 62 points. Lucic the leading goal scorer with 32.

Tim Thomas was a superstar that year but hardly what one thinks of when one refers to the term.
Didn't they have Chara?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
You need offense that can break through stifling defense, and you need goaltending. That's the recipe for winning a cup. Especially insanely hot goaltending.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Maybe, but not in the Crosby, Ovechkin, Kane, Doughty way that people think.

Comparable to Ryan Suter. If we won the Cup this year, would we have had a "superstar"?
I think Chara was considered a top 5 defenseman in the world at that time.

I don't think Suter is anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad