What the Bruins are doing/What you'd like to see this off-season 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Grabner is not worth his contract...people will get upset with him after 2 games...guy shows up for 5 games then is invisible for the next 15-20.

Yes, I agree we need speed, but we also need guys that play smart.

I really like Grabner, but what you say is absolutely true. He is lightning fast, kills penalties, and is always a threat on the rush w/ the puck.. but he's so hot and cold (even in the context of a single game).

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Eriksson has a NTC so I doubt he goes & I would not want to trade Marchand for that pick.

Don't see us being good trade partners IMO.

He might waive for Nashville if he prefers to be the go-to guy offensively. I think it's entirely possible he's a guy who doesn't like to be in the spotlight. He might prefer to play in a quieter market like Dallas.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Wow did Dallas screw Boston giving them Eriksson, his NTC began last season so we are stuck with the slug for three more years. Hopefully he will waive it and we can get rid of him before he is totally worthless.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Wow did Dallas screw Boston giving them Eriksson, his NTC began last season so we are stuck with the slug for three more years. Hopefully he will waive it and we can get rid of him before he is totally worthless.

How about "Hopefully he returns to the player he was in Dallas"

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Wonder if Soderberg would qualify as a top 6 forward in their eyes. I think Spooner will be ready to take over as the 3rd line center, and this way we'd get something for Soderberg before he walks.

I dunno if Boston can afford to lose Yeti.

With Krejci's contract up in the air next season; you could potentially lose both.

BruinsPortugal

Dec 3, 2009
Portugal
Trade Kelly and Eriksson. Work with Lucic/Krejci, Marchand/Bergeron, Soderberg/Smith.
Still not sure about the defense but i'd keep Boychuk for now unless a legit top 6 scorer is coming the other way.

We need some guys on their ELC's.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
I dunno if Boston can afford to lose Yeti.

With Krejci's contract up in the air next season; you could potentially lose both.

I think a $1 million raise would keep Krejci here. Unless Spooner turns into Hilbert, he is gonna get the 3rd line center anyways next year. So the way I see it there will be no room to re-sign Soderberg after this season. A 11th pick overall for Soda would be a great return. Just not sure Nashville is as high on Soda as the Bruins are.

Lost Horizons

Oct 14, 2006
Mass
He wasn't the primary mastermind behind the caps PP.

He was in Tampa and he was involved with it with the Devils.
And I wonder how strong our PP must be in order to put the "fire Ward" meme to rest.

When they learn to stop playing keep away and put the puck in the net. With the talent the B's role out there it should be far more effective then it is. To many times they go out there and do nothing with it like during the MTL series.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
I think a $1 million raise would keep Krejci here. Unless Spooner turns into Hilbert, he is gonna get the 3rd line center anyways next year. So the way I see it there will be no room to re-sign Soderberg after this season. A 11th pick overall for Soda would be a great return. Just not sure Nashville is as high on Soda as the Bruins are.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves just yet.

Kid still has a lot to prove.....Yeti is a lock to make this team. You could make an argument that if he had a "legit" scorer on his line he'd put up 60+ points.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
When they learn to stop playing keep away and put the puck in the net.

21.7% in the regular season (3rd overall in the ENTIRE LEAGUE)
26.5% in the postseason

If those percentages are not good enough for you, then you're setting yourself for perpetual disappointment.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Eriksson a slug?

Was he that bad for Bruins? Guy was always great for Stars and would fit a lot of teams

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
26.5% in the postseason

If those percentages are not good enough for you, then you're setting yourself for perpetual disappointment.

HFBoards, where current stats mean nothing, but reputations based on stats from 2-5-10 years ago live on in perpetuity. :shakehead

Lost Horizons

Oct 14, 2006
Mass
26.5% in the postseason

Percentages don't tell the full tale with the pp.Boxscores tell a better tale Vs mtl:

gm1 0-2
gm2 0-3
gm3 0-1
gm4 0-2
gm5 2-4
gm6 0-3
gm7 1-3

3 for 18. It's easy to see why they lost the series

David Krejci*

I like how people are just like "get rid of Campbell and put Koko/Spooner at 4th line center".

So who gets Campbell's PK minutes? Krejci? You want Krejci blocking shots on the PK all year?

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Percentages don't tell the full tale with the pp.Boxscores tell a better tale Vs mtl:

gm1 0-2
gm2 0-3
gm3 0-1
gm4 0-2
gm5 2-4
gm6 0-3
gm7 1-3

3 for 18. It's easy to see why they lost the series

So you ignore the overall conversion percentages, and zero in on one single series to conclude that our PP is bad and our PP coach should be fired? And you don't consider the fact that our best players failed to show up in the series that you cite?

Good grief.

We lost to the Habs for several reasons, but our PP wasn't and isn't the problem that you make it out to be. Care to share our PK statistics from the same postseason??

DNE3

Sep 14, 2010
I like how people are just like "get rid of Campbell and put Koko/Spooner at 4th line center". So who gets Campbell's PK minutes? Krejci? You want Krejci blocking shots on the PK all year?

Justin Florek is a great penalty killer among his other attributes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad