What the Bruins are doing/What you'd like to see this off-season 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
-Deconstruct the Merlot line and rebuild a faster, better line around Paille, Florek and a center to be figured out later. Be it from within the system in a guy like Spooner or outside (Manny Malholtra is a name i like. He came back from his injuries and played pretty well for Carolina.)

- Find a way to get rid of Chris Kelly. I don't care how, just do it.

-re-sign Iggy

- Let Fraser start on the third line. Move up/down/demote as needed.

- Get on the phone with Clode and tell him: For the love of god, cut Chara's minutes down. He can't do that big of a workload no more.

That's about it really. I don't see anything huge unless if Chia's blowing smoke on Marchand not going anywhere (Not likely, but with GM's you never know.)

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
with the draft not being as deep this year perhaps PC should package our first round pick with a salary dump Player and a high mid-range prospect for a seasoned young winger on a multi-year cap friendly contract who has averaged 15 to 20 goals per season but hasn't live up to his potential or maybe needs a change of scenery. someone who could step in and play consistently on the third line, but with potentially higher upside

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada

Why Fraser?

What is it about his game at the NHL level that has people penciling him into the Bruins lineup?

I dig the guy and everything, but at BEST he's been invisible in Boston. Caron easily looks like the better pro and I don't want Caron anywhere near this team.
You score an playoff OT winner Vs. the Habs, you buy yourself a legit shot in camp.

David Krejci*

-Marchand+Khoklachev+Spooner+whatever other prospect necessary (Subban?) for a legit top 6 (preferably 1st line) scoring RW. A guy who can skate, and snipe, to play with Krejci and Lucic.

-Let Iginla walk. I think he's too old, but if he does come back like they are reporting, it better be in a 3rd line role. We need to upgrade that 1st line RW spot, or else we're ****ed.

SoldiersOfFilth

Hamildone with Neely
Dec 28, 2013
Near Olympia
Ditch: Caron, Bartkowski, Thornton (check), Campbell, Kelly.
Switch Eriksson to LW on 3rd line (natural position). Find a legit 3rd line RW for Yeti.
Make 4th line faster. Spooner or Koko to center maybe? Other on RW for Yeti?

If we can't re-sign Iginla, I honestly think the team should go for Kesler. He wants and needs a change of scenery and would fit well.

rickjames

Jul 18, 2013
London, UK
Move Eriksson up a line or two or trade him. For his salary it's a load for 3rd line minutes.

Pay Krug
Pray to Ryan Spooner
Dump Jordan Caron into a highly contaminated ocean

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
He's going to tweak the bottom of the lineup and leave the rest as is,with Kelly a possibility to depart. I think they recognize that it wasn't lack of speed,spotty goaltending or the young defenseman or an affected Chara or the lack of Seidenberg or an ineffective 4th line or spotty PK that got them eliminated. It was simply one of those things when you miss 3 open nets and hit 16 posts. The team is legitimate as constituted.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada

Why Fraser?

What is it about his game at the NHL level that has people penciling him into the Bruins lineup?

I dig the guy and everything, but at BEST he's been invisible in Boston. Caron easily looks like the better pro and I don't want Caron anywhere near this team.

At best according to what? In his 4 playoff games he had 2 points, but more importantly 4 shots, no PIMS, and his line was never really beat badly while he was on the ice. Even the best pro scout probably needs time to tell you what he might or might not be in our system. He's a shooter, let'm shoot and we'll see. I know he's got 3 more goals with the Bruins than Spooner has, and happens to play a position we're not particularly deep at. So he's going to get a shot in camp, and is probably already floating around the top of the contenders list for that 3rd line spot. Essentially we need him to be Ryder-lite to start. Judging by the quality of his shot, I think he could do that on Soderberg's wing. Let'm get used to the system, like anyone else.

I do admit it would be nice if he could throw his body around a bit more, and become the type of guy New York and LA used to frustrate people and chip in goals. But for now that's not part of his game. Still 6'1 204 and only 24, he could certainly grow into it.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
-Deconstruct the Merlot line and rebuild a faster, better line around Paille, Florek and a center to be figured out later. Be it from within the system in a guy like Spooner or outside (Manny Malholtra is a name i like. He came back from his injuries and played pretty well for Carolina.)

- Find a way to get rid of Chris Kelly. I don't care how, just do it.

-re-sign Iggy

- Let Fraser start on the third line. Move up/down/demote as needed.

- Get on the phone with Clode and tell him: For the love of god, cut Chara's minutes down. He can't do that big of a workload no more.

That's about it really. I don't see anything huge unless if Chia's blowing smoke on Marchand not going anywhere (Not likely, but with GM's you never know.)

Still nowhere close to being sold on Fraser but I agree with your 4th line re-structuring in a way. Soupy didn`t have a great year but if he remains I`d be perfectly fine, adding a winger with some wheels to have a fore check that is effective would be on my "want" list

Love Thorty but

1- super slow

2- hardly was his physicality effective other than the odd scrap

3- Some referring to him as an enforcer which I don`t get, he was a guy who could step in and make sure Z/Looch don`t have to fight everyone, but he was hardly a good scrapper and I`m not so sure when he chose to drop em, there was any lift on the bench because of it. Found Ference was far better at doing that

Great teammate, great in the community, 7 years of exceptional service, but it was time as most have acknowledged

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Resign Iginla
Buyout Kelly
Spooner 4th line center
Campbell traded or placed on 4th line RW
3rd line of: (........) Söderberg Smith

Who slots in that LW spot? Koko Fraser ?

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Trade/Buyout Kelly
Trade Bart
Resign Iginla to a low 1y+bonus
Promote Spooner

KIL
March-Bergy-Smith
Loui-Yeti-Spooner
Paille-Campbell-Fraser
Caron

Chara-Boychuk
Seids-Hamilton
Krug-McQuaid
Miller

Rask-Svedberg

Taz#24

Feb 27, 2002
Washington DC
Visit site
The more I think about it...

We need more then just a teak.

I would love to see PC make a couple of bold moves.

Trade Brad MARCHAND (4.5), Chris KELLY(3.0) and Jordan CARON for Evander KANE (5.25), Jim SLATER (1.7).

Sign UFA Jerome IGINLA (2.0 base salary, bonus' up to 4.5 X 2 years)

Sign RFAs Reilly SMITH (2.0 X 3), Torey KRUG (2.0 X 3) and Niklas SVEDBERG 1.0 X 2.

Trade Matt BARTKOWSKI and Gregory CAMPBELL to Columbus for Matt FRATTIN and Jared BOLL.

Bruins 14-15

KANE-BERGERON-SMITH
LUCIC-KREJCI-IGINLA
ERIKSSON-SODERBERG-FRATTIN
PAILLE-SPOONER/SLATER-BOLL

CHARA-HAMILTON
SEIDENBERG-BOYCHUK
KRUG-MCQUAID/MILLER

RASK
SVEDBERG

http://www.capgeek.com/armchair-gm/roster/24807

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
We need more then just a teak.

I would love to see PC make a couple of bold moves.

Trade Brad MARCHAND (4.5), Chris KELLY(3.0) and Jordan CARON for Evander KANE (5.25), Jim SLATER (1.7).

Sign UFA Jerome IGINLA (2.0 base salary, bonus' up to 4.5 X 2 years)

Sign RFAs Reilly SMITH (2.0 X 3), Torey KRUG (2.0 X 3) and Niklas SVEDBERG 1.0 X 2.

Trade Matt BARTKOWSKI and Gregory CAMPBELL to Columbus for Matt FRATTIN and Jared BOLL.

Bruins 14-15

KANE-BERGERON-SMITH
LUCIC-KREJCI-IGINLA
ERIKSSON-SODERBERG-FRATTIN
PAILLE-SPOONER/SLATER-BOLL

CHARA-HAMILTON
SEIDENBERG-BOYCHUK
KRUG-MCQUAID/MILLER

RASK
SVEDBERG

http://www.capgeek.com/armchair-gm/roster/24807

I think I'd keep Bart, this will be his breakout year. Most of those penalties against him in the mtl series were blatant dives.

member 96824

I think I'd keep Bart, this will be his breakout year. Most of those penalties against him in the mtl series were blatant dives.

*Were Bartkowski taking a dive in intelligence. Dive or not, you cant be dumb enough to wrap someone up with your free hand, thats always a penalty

I agree with the notion that Bart just doesn't have the hockey IQ to be more than what he is right now. Its just not there.

member 96824

Also, if Iginla is on a multiple year deal, the contract cannot be cap deferred bonus's.

Just something to keep in mind.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
When does the compliance buyout window close? I was under the impression that it was 48 hours.

Thanks,

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Move Kelly, Campbell, and Bartkowski.

Resign Iginla

Call up Koko, Spooner and Fraser.

Lucic Krejci Iginla
Marchand Bergeron Smith
Koko Soderberg Eriksson