What the Bruins are doing/What you'd like to see this off-season 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Krejci*

Alright so maybe Boston gets a young d-man like Oleksiak or Nemeth added to the deal. A young RW who can play now, a 1st round pick and a top prospect, basically the same type of package Ottawa and Vancouver are asking for Kesler and Spezza. I get the "win now" thing, but money has to go, Iggy or no Iggy. There's just no upgrade I can see the Bruins acquiring to replace Iggy at RW by trading Marchand and not taking money back. About the only other guy who fits the criteria of Young RW still on his ELC who can play in our top 9 now I could see was Smith Pelly out of Anaheim, and you could still make the argument we get worse not better short term, Chia is backed into a corner, and if he can't ship out the likes of Kelly/Campbell/Paile/McQuaid just to clear salary, this looks like a pretty decent outcome all things considered.

No, still a very very bad deal. That RW who "can play now" is a significant downgrade from Marchand, and even a significant downgrade from 38 year old Iginla. Ottawa and Vancouver are both re-building teams, what they're asking for their star players is irrelevant to us. If you don't upgrade by trading Marchand, you don't trade him. Wait until the deadline and acquire a winger then so the salary is pro-rated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad