What the Bruins are doing/What you'd like to see this off-season 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
thanks, J. makes more sense that way.

Unless PC gets really creative, I'm just expecting a quiet - fill from within, save as much cap as possible off-season - and then a busy trade deadline.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Chara off the power play forever

Kelly gone for cap reasons

Resign Iggy if we can afford it

Give Boychuk an extension

rcduthie77

Mar 31, 2007
Hamilton, Ontario
To Los Angeles:
2nd Round Pick (2014 or 2015)

To Boston:
F Dwight King

Re-Sign Jarome Iginla (2yrs/3mil)

Sign Jesse Winchester (1yr/650K) & Brendan Mikkelson (1yr/625K)

Trade Chris Kelly & maybe Greg Campbell for a draft pick
Trade Matt Bartkowski for a pick or an equal wing prospect
Trade Adam McQuaid for a 2nd round pick + (going off of what similar defenceman got McQuaid should bring us some decent futures back)

Lucic - Krejci - Iginla
Marchand - Bergeron - Smith
Eriksson - Soderberg - King
Paille - Campbell/Spooner - Florek
Winchester

Chara - Boychuk
Seidenberg - Hamilton
Krug - Miller
Mikkelson

Rask
Svedberg

rcduthie77

Mar 31, 2007
Hamilton, Ontario
Pipe dream scenario:

Work a trade with Edmonton or Calgary for either the #3 or #4.

McQuaid
Bartkowski
Spooner
Subban
Kelly
Campbell
2014 1st
2014 2nd
2015 1st
2015 2nd

Put together some sort of combination of those assets and draft Leon Draisaitl.

I really feel like Draisaitl is the best player in the draft due to his combination of skills as well as his power forward size, I also believe he could step into the NHL right away.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
To Los Angeles:
2nd Round Pick (2014 or 2015)

To Boston:
F Dwight King

Re-Sign Jarome Iginla (2yrs/3mil)

Sign Jesse Winchester (1yr/650K) & Brendan Mikkelson (1yr/625K)

Trade Chris Kelly & maybe Greg Campbell for a draft pick
Trade Matt Bartkowski for a pick or an equal wing prospect
Trade Adam McQuaid for a 2nd round pick + (going off of what similar defenceman got McQuaid should bring us some decent futures back)

Lucic - Krejci - Iginla
Marchand - Bergeron - Smith
Eriksson - Soderberg - King
Paille - Campbell/Spooner - Florek
Winchester

Chara - Boychuk
Seidenberg - Hamilton
Krug - Miller
Mikkelson

Rask
Svedberg

IMO, King isn't worth a 2nd rounder.

Let's re-sign our key players first: Iggy/Smith & Caron :sarcasm: before we go out an acquire an RFA without knowing his salary demands.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
*Were Bartkowski taking a dive in intelligence. Dive or not, you cant be dumb enough to wrap someone up with your free hand, thats always a penalty

I agree with the notion that Bart just doesn't have the hockey IQ to be more than what he is right now. Its just not there.

I think its fair to say it was Barts first full year in the league, I consider him to be a puck mover and decent passer. If you look at his stat line in this first year compared to lets say Kris Letang, they are very similar. Bart was also a +20 which is a positive sign.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta

Why Fraser?

What is it about his game at the NHL level that has people penciling him into the Bruins lineup?

I dig the guy and everything, but at BEST he's been invisible in Boston. Caron easily looks like the better pro and I don't want Caron anywhere near this team.

Fraser goes to places on the ice where he can score and doesn't take boneheaded penalties. He's got a better hockey IQ and shot than Caron. This is year 4 of Caron in Boston, it's over time for a fresh face.

MillerTime 86

So Long Tyler SeQuin
May 11, 2007
On a Rock
Chara off the power play forever
:laugh: You serious? Guy was a beast down low on the power play. If anything, he should get more PP minutes.

Kelly gone for cap reasons
Kelly has a NTC, which excludes him from a buyout. Players with NTC's are protected from buyouts, but players with NMC's are not protected. Kelly falls into the "protected" category with the NTC. Plus, he's injured and that would also protect him from a buyout. And the only GM out there who doesn't seem to mind trading for injured players is our GM … All of these factors point to Kelly being a Bruin to start the season, at very least.

Resign Iggy if we can afford it
I believe they're working on that. While I was disappointed in his playoff performance, he wasn't alone in that category… I'm all for giving him an extension if the price is right.

Give Boychuk an extension
Not sure about this one at this point in time … I'd wait and see how he performs for the first half of the season at least. There's other guys within the system who are knocking at the door. I could see Boychuk being a cap casualty after this season, unless his play forces management's hand into giving him a new contract.

MTaylorJ1

Sep 20, 2006
I think its fair to say it was Barts first full year in the league, I consider him to be a puck mover and decent passer. If you look at his stat line in this first year compared to lets say Kris Letang, they are very similar. Bart was also a +20 which is a positive sign.

Letang was 20 in his first full year, Bartkowski was 25. Bartkowski's problem is that he doesn't quite have the defensive game to be considered a shutdown guy who can skate the puck out of trouble (kind of like Seidenberg) and he doesn't quite have the offensive game to be considered a true PMD (and it hurts him here that there are already two guys in that role in Hamilton and Krug who do it much much better).

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
-Trade/buyout Kelly at any cost
-Trade Marchand
-Trade Campbell
-Trade Boychuk
-Test the market for Chara
-Fire Claude Julien
-Let Iginla, Caron and Bartkowski walk
-Sign/Trade for a skilled winger
-Sign/Trade for a defenseman who can skate
-Sign/Trade for a super-heavyweight

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
-Trade/buyout Kelly at any cost
-Trade Marchand
-Trade Campbell
-Trade Boychuk
-Test the market for Chara
-Fire Claude Julien
-Let Iginla, Caron and Bartkowski walk
-Sign/Trade for a skilled winger
-Sign/Trade for a defenseman who can skate
-Sign/Trade for a super-heavyweight

While we're at it...let's trade for a legit #1 goalie too.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Kelly has a NTC, which excludes him from a buyout. Players with NTC's are protected from buyouts, but players with NMC's are not protected. Kelly falls into the "protected" category with the NTC. Plus, he's injured and that would also protect him from a buyout. And the only GM out there who doesn't seem to mind trading for injured players is our GM … All of these factors point to Kelly being a Bruin to start the season, at very least.

I'm almost 100% sure this isn't true.

member 96824

No. no no no.

NTC= No trade clause

NMC= no move clause.

and we've already been over the injured thing 1000 times, which finally came to confirmation from his agent that all it takes is to be medically cleared by July 1. Could Kelly have that happen? I would guess yeah...as July 1 is what? 5 weeks and 5 days into his 4-6 week recovery period? but I'm certainly no doctor, just going by all the reports.

MillerTime 86

So Long Tyler SeQuin
May 11, 2007
On a Rock
NTC= No trade clause

NMC= no move clause.

You don't say.

Going by what CapGeek says (for lack of being able to find anything directly related in the CBA), it is inferred that NTC's are protected from buyouts:

WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A NTC AND A NMC?
A no-trade clause means a player cannot be traded without his consent. Consent is not required for waivers for assignment to the minors. CapGeek uses the terms “NTC†and “full NTC†interchangeably.

A no-move clause means a player cannot be traded, waived for a claim by another team, or assigned to the minors without his consent. This does not protect the player from a buyout. CapGeek uses the terms “NMC†and “full NMC†interchangeably.

Kelly has a NTC.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but doesn't this imply that the NTC protects the player from buyout?

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com

Why Fraser?

What is it about his game at the NHL level that has people penciling him into the Bruins lineup?

I dig the guy and everything, but at BEST he's been invisible in Boston. Caron easily looks like the better pro and I don't want Caron anywhere near this team.

I disagree. I think Fraser's a lock.

He's done everything he can at the AHL level, and (I thought) he looked comfortable in Boston in the playoffs. He's big, he hustles and gets his body into traffic. That release gives him the potential to score at the next level, and I think he can fill a role as an energy guy in the bottom6 while he adjusts and learns to find his range.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
You don't say.

Going by what CapGeek says (for lack of being able to find anything directly related in the CBA), it is inferred that NTC's are protected from buyouts:

WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A NTC AND A NMC?
A no-trade clause means a player cannot be traded without his consent. Consent is not required for waivers for assignment to the minors. CapGeek uses the terms “NTC†and “full NTC†interchangeably.

A no-move clause means a player cannot be traded, waived for a claim by another team, or assigned to the minors without his consent. This does not protect the player from a buyout. CapGeek uses the terms “NMC†and “full NMC†interchangeably.

Kelly has a NTC.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but doesn't this imply that the NTC protects the player from buyout?

No. It's implying that it only protects a player from trades.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Pipe dream scenario:

Work a trade with Edmonton or Calgary for either the #3 or #4.

McQuaid
Bartkowski
Spooner
Subban
Kelly
Campbell
2014 1st
2014 2nd
2015 1st
2015 2nd

Put together some sort of combination of those assets and draft Leon Draisaitl.

I really feel like Draisaitl is the best player in the draft due to his combination of skills as well as his power forward size, I also believe he could step into the NHL right away.

Unfortunately, this is not NHL 14 be a gm. Can't stack a bunch of junk together and expect something potentially elite.

If someone offered a few late firsts and seconds in a pretty top heavy draft and a few fourth liners, wpuld you trade Bergeron for that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad