What team is a big surprise this year?

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
I have Panthers pencilled in for the playoffs. They had a good spring and with the addition of Hoffman to their top6, they will certainly atleast be fighting for a wildcard spot.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
They added a guy who 2 seasons ago singlehandedly carried a roster that was an overflowing dumpster to within a goal of winning the East. So yeah.

Yeah the goaltending had nothing to do with it.

Still absurd to say the Sharks won't make the playoffs but not more so than saying they'll match or surpass the greatest team of all time.

westc2

Nov 2, 2015
St. Louis, MO
The season hasn't started soooo...I guess this thread is for people who can time travel? Pre-season games are meaningless when trying to predict the performance of a team in the regular season. Most veterans barely even try during pre-season.

westc2

Nov 2, 2015
St. Louis, MO
The season hasn't started soooo...I guess this thread is for people who can time travel? Pre-season games are meaningless when trying to predict the performance of a team in the regular season. Most veterans barely even try during pre-season.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
I have Panthers pencilled in for the playoffs. They had a good spring and with the addition of Hoffman to their top6, they will certainly atleast be fighting for a wildcard spot.
The bottom half of that division is just so awful. If any of Boston, Tampa, Toronto or Florida don’t make it a coach should get the axe.

Unless the injury parade shows up. Even then it’d have to be a bad one

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Edmonton will be out by Christmas, yet again. Shouldn't shock anyone but the pundits will certainly be clamoring to fellate McDavid and wonder what happened!

valeriammm

Beers/Bikes/Bums
Sep 21, 2018
I hate to say it but I think this might be the decline of the Preds before they get to see a cup. With so many wonderful and powerful team roster changes, I just hope their veterans will be able to keep up but most importantly stay in the franchise. As far as other hopefuls, id like to see a damn Canadian team, yes even the Jets, so far they are probably my pick over Vancouver.

valeriammm

Beers/Bikes/Bums
Sep 21, 2018
Not sure if it would be a surprise but I think Chicago will bounce back and get back into the playoffs this year.
I honestly dont know how I feel about where the hawks stand. The team is aging thats not anything new or surprising. But they have some killer prospects and rookies, Im loving seeing Toews Kane and Debrincat side by side, but is it enough?

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Edmonton will be out by Christmas, yet again. Shouldn't shock anyone but the pundits will certainly be clamoring to ******e McDavid and wonder what happened!

i actually think Edmonton can bounce back . There is too much talent on that team to have another year like they did.

valeriammm

Beers/Bikes/Bums
Sep 21, 2018
Stanley Cup: Jets, Tampa, Sharks, Boston
Dark Horse: Florida, Carolina, Kings
Regress: Vegas, Anaheim
My team: Fistfight for a Wildcard. Hell the Central´s gonna be a bloodbath again.
Could you imagine a Jets/Tampa situation?? Rip Tampa, id like to see the Preds against Tampa, that was my vote last season. Lol watch Carolina take it all since nothing makes sense anymore

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
And McDavid has missed the playoffs two out of three years while on a team with Draisatl, RNH, etc etc.
McDavid has the misfortune to play for one of the most badly mismanaged teams in all of pro sports. The Sharks are not one of the most badly mismanaged teams in all of pro sports. In fact they are pretty much the exact opposite.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
McDavid has the misfortune to play for one of the most badly mismanaged teams in all of pro sports. The Sharks are not one of the most badly mismanaged teams in all of pro sports. In fact they are pretty much the exact opposite.

What happens if Thronton is injured all year and Patches doesn't rebound and Kane's play late last year was a fluke on a new team? I don't like their offense which is my issue.

Preds, Canes, Flames, etc have all shown over the last decade that having an Olympic level defense doesn't really mean you win hockey games over the long term.

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
The Leafs' defence is still crap. They will struggle. Shut down Tavares and Matthews, easily beat them cuz their D is crap. Andersen is again relied on - to stand on his head to win games. Same story in Leaf Land.... not sure that's a surprise but so many expect them to be so much better this year cuz of Tavares. Not gonna happen.

Reactions: cobra427

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad