5. Band of Brothers

If I want a comedy to be different
5. The Office or Curb Your Enthusiasm

Reactions: CasusBelli

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
So I don't actually need any advice, I've got a few lined up, but I figured it would be fun to post TV shows people here are watching or have watched in the past that are worth watching. Just 1 rule. No more than 5 TV shows per person. You get 5...that's it. (Deal with it!)

I'll start.

1)breaking bad
2) Battlestar Galactica (new)
3)Firefly & the movie serenity (super quick watch)
4)black mirror
5)stranger things.

In no particular order...
Orphan Black
Suits
Sons of Anarchy
Breaking bad
Stranger things

I didn't post comedies because I feel like that is more unique to the individual.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Just finished Kidding Season 2 this weekend 30 minute episodes. It's a twisted show kind of like Mr. Rogers meets the movie Happiness but great cast and great acting.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Geeze I can only pick 5....I have like 30!...lol

I'll tell ya what, I'm not going to name the usual Breaking Bad's, Game of Thrones, Soprano's, The Wire's, Band of Brothers of the world, I'm going to list 5 series that I've seen in the past that are on the "unsung" or "underrated" side. These are series that most of y'all haven't seen or maybe you are wanting to see it.

Anyways, here goes and this is in order of watchability.

1. Justified-Netflix. No one talks about this show and it certainly doesn't get the credit it deserves which is criminal. This show is in my top 5 of all time but no one really has watched it and it's startling. It's serious and peeps die but it doesn't take it's self too seriously. It's also one of the funniest drama's you'll ever watch as some of the characters are very memorable. I think if I had another kid, I'd name him Raylan...lol. Anyways, go watch it...you won't regret it!!

2. Peaky Blinders-Netflix. I've probably mentioned this show a few dozen times to you guys but if any of y'all were wanting to watch it but putting it off, well now due to this zombie apocalypse shit we are dealing with, now you have the time to invest some time into this phenomenal show. Now I'm a big fan of British TV series and so maybe I'm biased but I'd say Peaky is the best show that most of y'all have never seen!

3. Hunters-Amazon Prime. I just finished this new series a few days ago and I loved it. It has a Inglorious Bastards/Tarantino type vibe to it. I couldn't get enough of it. I think I binged it in 2 nights and was up to 4 AM on a weekday one of those nights....argggg...lol

4. Narcos-Netflix. I finished the 4th season of this masterpiece...it is so f'n good. 1rst season deals with Pablo Escobar...2nd season deals with the Cali Cartel and the 3rd and 4th seasons are based in Mexico and how the El Chapo's of the world came to be. If your like me and the whole drug/cartel shit intrigues you, well this show if for you. Great acting as well.

5. Ozark-Netflix. Gotta say that at first I didn't think it was going to be all that good. But dang was I wrong. I was hooked from the get go and if any of y'all haven't seen it, you'll get hooked as well. Great acting again and pretty funny as well.

I know we've talked about this before, but I couldn't get into Justified lol. Maybe with the covid-19 situation happening and me staying at home basically, I might give it another shot.

Ozark is so good, though! 3rd season drops this Friday and I can't wait.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Yeah Battlestar Galactica was just the best.
For those that have never seen it, absolutely. Save for that friggin' ending.

Caught up with Peeky Blinders (if Alfie Solom0n is not one of the greatest TV characters, who is?). y'all need to watch it. Specical thanks to Maximus who essentially told me to run and not walk to watch it.

Also, The Shield. Could be the greatest show on tv ever.

Now? Ready for nerd dom? Buffy the Vampire Slayer tv show

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
If you like Stranger Things I would recommend the German series "Dark". The main chars are a bit older, everything is a bit darker, and if you don't like subs you will have to survive not so good dubbing (the original is in German).
i started watching this. i turned off the dubbing and put on subtitles. it really is a creepy show. i stopped watching after a couple of eps but i might give it another go if this lockdown continues long term.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
im really not a tv guy so ill stuggle to give 5 shows lol.

Game of Thrones is my favorite ever tv show.
Narcos - every season is great.
Godless - netflix. great 1 season western.
Its always sunny in philadelphia is hilarious.
Ozark - started this and its good. doesnt catch me like the first 4 on the list do tho.

Reactions: bl02

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
For those that have never seen it, absolutely. Save for that friggin' ending.

Caught up with Peeky Blinders (if Alfie Solom0n is not one of the greatest TV characters, who is?). y'all need to watch it. Specical thanks to Maximus who essentially told me to run and not walk to watch it.

Also, The Shield. Could be the greatest show on tv ever.

Now? Ready for nerd dom? Buffy the Vampire Slayer tv show

Your too kind TB but glad to read you took my advice about Peaky. Alfie Solomon..aka Tom Hardy is up there for me as well as one of this indelible characters that you just can't forget or take your eyes off when he's on the screen.

The Shield is way up there for me as well as Vic Mackey is another one of those TV characters that is unforgettable and so good at what he does.

Not sure about Buffy tho I never watched it so I can't really comment about it...lol

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
im watching 2nd season of Narcos Mexico now. narcos really is a phenomenal show.

That's what I'm talking about...another believer in Narcos.

Seriously folks, your missing out if you don't give this show a shot. It's riveting from the get go...tons of action...body bags...great acting...it has it all.

Reactions: ecemleafs

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
1- Sopranos
2 - Gomorrah
3 - GOT
4 - Breaking bad
5- Boardwalk Empire

Growing on me - Peaky Blinders

Honorable Mention - Succession :nod:

Last edited:
Reactions: Maximus

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
It’s great that Auston Matthews is still able to entertain us during this hockey-less time.
lol patrice bergeron is the star of the mexican seasons.

Diego-Luna-Through-Years.jpg

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
im really not a tv guy so ill stuggle to give 5 shows lol.

Game of Thrones is my favorite ever tv show.
Narcos - every season is great.
Godless - netflix. great 1 season western.
Its always sunny in philadelphia is hilarious.
Ozark - started this and its good. doesnt catch me like the first 4 on the list do tho.
Game of thrones was my favorite show of all time..until that last season. Knocked it down several rankings on my list. Danys last 3 episodes were ridiculous.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Lol. Just forget season 8 happened and hope grrm gives us an ending in the books.
I actually liked the major themes of the season .my issue is that it was like ..20 or 25 episodes worth of stuff crammed into like 8 episodes or whatever it was. The character shifts that usually happen over long periods of time happened in like .. 10 mins.

Danys story line in particular is ludicrous speed fast. Her character shift happens in a span of a few minutes. It's insane.

And don't even get me started on bran.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Danys story line in particular is ludicrous speed fast. Her character shift happens in a span of a few minutes. It's insane.

And don't even get me started on bran.
Agreed. And also don't get me started on the Frosty the Night King. Are you kidding me? All of this build up and then such a quick death? It's as if they needed to hurry and finish it all up.

Reactions: Inferno

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Netflix is for lames and normies.

Idk if any of you remember but in the mid 2000s on ESPN classic they had this show called Cheap Seats. Absolutely hilarious show hosted by the Sklar brothers where they made fun of campy old sports videos, MST3K style. (Nearly) every episode is on Youtube, lots of deep references for fans of 90s and 2000s sports and Gen-X culture.

Reactions: Say Hey Kid

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad