#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
best show ever no offense to the sopranos

paulie-gualtieri-cf1a80eb-645a-4ed7-b33b-72e1d35dd13-resize-750.jpeg

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I know we've talked about this before, but I couldn't get into Justified lol. Maybe with the covid-19 situation happening and me staying at home basically, I might give it another shot.

Ozark is so good, though! 3rd season drops this Friday and I can't wait.

I dunno my friend, not sure what about Justified doesn’t do it for you but hey different strokes for different folks so goes the saying.

But yes during your down time if I were you I’d give Justified another chance. If you never got to season 2 we’ll you didn’t give it enough time cause season 2 IMO is the best season of them all.

Great news that Ozark season 3 starts Friday. It will be fairly easy to finish the whole season by end of the weekend considering the situation we are in...we’ll compare notes!!

Reactions: Rangerfan4life90

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Haha great episode. "f***ing poison ivy all over"

Withought question one of my top 3 if not my favorite episode of the Sopranos. The "Pine Barrons" is easily the funniest episode of all of them. I've watched this episode at least 5-6 different times and each time even tho I know what's going to happen, I can't stop laughing.

The dynamic between Paulie and Christopher is just magical!!

Reactions: nyrage and bl02

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Withought question one of my top 3 if not my favorite episode of the Sopranos. The "Pine Barrons" is easily the funniest episode of all of them. I've watched this episode at least 5-6 different times and each time even tho I know what's going to happen, I can't stop laughing.

The dynamic between Paulie and Christopher is just magical!!
The pine barrens is such a good episode. was an intense episode but yet had so many funny scenes and one liners.

Reactions: nyrage and Maximus

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Started the Witcher since u guys recommend it so much. Tough to follow at first...lotsa names being thrown around...how important is it to be familiar with the game?

Quite zero, since it plays before the games.

Iirc the series will be based on the books and the games are originally a sequel to the books.

Reactions: egelband

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
The pine barrens is such a good episode. was an intense episode but yet had so many funny scenes and one liners.

Your right, it's so friggen funny that you forget that there are some intense scenes in it.

Now I'm going to have to watch it again for the zillonth time...screw it...not like I got anything better to do...you know like watch a Ranger game or something...lol

Reactions: bl02

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Screw it...had to do it. Thx to Kirk for reminding me how great and funny this episode was by posting the pic of Paulie Walnuts in the first place:

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Started the Witcher since u guys recommend it so much. Tough to follow at first...lotsa names being thrown around...how important is it to be familiar with the game?
It would say it’s not super important outside of just Learning the names of the characters

I had never read any of the books and played about 10 hours of the Witcher 3.

When I watched the show in January I was a bit lost but knowing who was who definitely helped

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Hannibal is a master piece. My favorite TV show of all time.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island

The show is mostly based on the first short story collection book and not the game.

Reactions: LokiDog

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Witcher just requires a little patience through the first episode or two. I’d played about 6-8 hours of the third game on a whim, probably 3+ years before the show came out. Hardly remembered anything but Geralt. By the time I was two episodes deep I was hooked and by the end of the season it was one of my favorites. The books are originally polish. My fiancé is polish. She read the books and said the show is based off of them but presented in a very different order and style. She loved the show.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I'm up to episode 9 of 1st season of Designated Survivor on Netflix and must admit, it's pretty good.

Political intrigue with a bunch of twists...it's got me intrigued enough to keep going.

So I'd add this show as a series for some of y'all who are looking for something to put it in your queue.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
The show is mostly based on the first short story collection book and not the game.

I watched Witcher and I liked it. Never read the book nor played the game.

The premise of someone who hunts monsters was enough for me to give it a look and so I did and I don't regret it.

If a season 2 comes which I have to believe it will, I'll be on board for it.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
1) The Wire
2) Peaky Blinders
3) The Mandalorian
4) Firefly
5) Narcos

Some good choices as I'm with you with The Wire, Peaky obviously and Narcos as I've been a huge proponent on this thread for both of them. Never heard of the Mandalorian or the Firefly? What is the premise for both and why are they are in your top 5...just curious seeing I have never seen those two show in anyone's top 5 other than you.

One thing about the Wire. The show runner for the show David Simon is a genius. I wonder tho if most peeps in here watched it. I know for me I only watched it for the first time 4 years ago and so I was late to the game. And so I wonder if there are others here who are like me who had heard how good it was but never invested the time to actually watch it.

Anyone here care to admit they never watched the Wire? And if so why not?

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
I'm up to episode 9 of 1st season of Designated Survivor on Netflix and must admit, it's pretty good.

Political intrigue with a bunch of twists...it's got me intrigued enough to keep going.

So I'd add this show as a series for some of y'all who are looking for something to put it in your queue.

Yeah, Designated Survivor is a solid show.

Reactions: Maximus

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Twin Peaks
Sopranos
True detective (only S1)
Rectify
Fargo
OZ
Battlestar galactica

OZ is awesome. So underrated.

Totally agree about True Detective season 1...Harrelson and McConahy were a great team. I will say season 3 was pretty good as well so you might want to give that a look.

And Fargo...man I loved that show. I hope it comes back. 1st season with Billy Bob Thornton was awesome.

Reactions: Ola

Rangerfans

Oct 12, 2008
Some good choices as I'm with you with The Wire, Peaky obviously and Narcos as I've been a huge proponent on this thread for both of them. Never heard of the Mandalorian or the Firefly? What is the premise for both and why are they are in your top 5...just curious seeing I have never seen those two show in anyone's top 5 other than you.

One thing about the Wire. The show runner for the show David Simon is a genius. I wonder tho if most peeps in here watched it. I know for me I only watched it for the first time 4 years ago and so I was late to the game. And so I wonder if there are others here who are like me who had heard how good it was but never invested the time to actually watch it.

Anyone here care to admit they never watched the Wire? And if so why not?
Very fair! The Mandalorian is a Star Wars show, surprisingly enjoyable (I'm a critical SW fan). Firefly is another sci-fi show, it depends if you enjoy that landscape. To be honest, they're not exactly in my top 5, but I wanted to provide something more relevant and/or different, rather than Oz, Sopranos, True Detectives, etc.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
you need amazon prime but the jack Ryan show is amazing, 2 seasons and each episode is roughly an hour long

I also love John krasinski from back when he was on the office, have rewatched that show about 3 times start to finish as well

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->