OT: What show should I watch next?

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Season 2 was the one I didn't like personally. The whole blue collar workers/dive bar thing was just uninteresting and depressing to me. Especially since Season 1 ended so ridiculously strong and then they just sort of rip you right out of that whole storyline. It does make the following seasons even better just by getting back to the original story. I have to rewatch it but I swear that was not a single shot of sunlight in that season lirl. Season 5 I remember being whacky but I didn't dislike it at all IIRC.

f*** now I have to re-watch the whole show again, don't I? I still prefer The Sopranos because IMO it's more artistic and enjoyable to watch, but objectively yeah The Wire is probably as good as it gets.
Oh, I really liked that aspect of it. I only disliked Ziggy, who was one of the most annoying characters to watch on screen. I think it also did a great job setting up a lot of the political background that we see in Seasons 3-5.

I think it's easy to get disappointed that they don't delve into the Greek storyline more, but it makes sense since that aspect reaches far beyond Baltimore. There are hegemonies above what hits people on the street everyday that don't get touched, and the Greek was just one of them.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Season 2 was the one I didn't like personally. The whole blue collar workers/dive bar thing was just uninteresting and depressing to me. Especially since Season 1 ended so ridiculously strong and then they just sort of rip you right out of that whole storyline. It does make the following seasons even better just by getting back to the original story. I have to rewatch it but I swear that was not a single shot of sunlight in that season lirl. Season 5 I remember being whacky but I didn't dislike it at all IIRC.

f*** now I have to re-watch the whole show again, don't I? I still prefer The Sopranos because IMO it's more artistic and enjoyable to watch, but objectively yeah The Wire is probably as good as it gets.

Season 2 was probably my favorite season of The Wire. I loved the whole port scenery and they expanded deeper into the storyline beyond just what's being done in the hood, but the guys above them that are really running things.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Aside from kinda being in the same type of era it is not. There isnt any magic type things or flying dragons, but it has an amazing story and very likeable characters.

It's lighter than GoT, in a good way.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
This Ozark show is basically the Breaking Bad version of Arrested Development. Good show.

Holy crap though, using Lucida for your title card font? What the hell? Bothers me every time. :laugh:

3dC1Xin.png

Last edited:

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Oh, I really liked that aspect of it. I only disliked Ziggy, who was one of the most annoying characters to watch on screen. I think it also did a great job setting up a lot of the political background that we see in Seasons 3-5.

I think it's easy to get disappointed that they don't delve into the Greek storyline more, but it makes sense since that aspect reaches far beyond Baltimore. There are hegemonies above what hits people on the street everyday that don't get touched, and the Greek was just one of them.
f***, *I* wanted to shoot Ziggy.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey

Yeah he was a great actor in the role though. I’ll have to re-watch the whole show; I’ve only seen it twice and it’s been several years since the last time.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Watched How to Fix a Drug Scandal on Netflix yesterday. What a cluster f*** that was. Good to know there are people out there still fighting for the rights of human beings though.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I’ve heard its terrific. Might be time to give it a try

It it really good and does get better with every season. Won't make my very top list but definitely better than a lot of shows I've stuck with following / watching over the years.

Reactions: bl02

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I'm more than fine with no magic and flying dragons, lol. If the story and characters are amazing, then I'll definitely give it a shot.

I watched 3 seasons (or was it 4?). I get annoyed sometimes with the story timeline. People either get to places unrealistically fast or too slow. Same with events, returning from near deaths, etc. But I'm sure it doesn't bother a lot of viewers. There are definitely better shows in this genre but surely there are worse too.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I'm more than fine with no magic and flying dragons, lol. If the story and characters are amazing, then I'll definitely give it a shot.

I watched 3 seasons (or was it 4?). I get annoyed sometimes with the story timeline. People either get to places unrealistically fast or too slow. Same with events, returning from near deaths, etc. But I'm sure it doesn't bother a lot of viewers. There are definitely better shows in this genre but surely there are worse too.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I told ya it was off the hook. Ozark really has slowly but surely creeped up into my top 20 shows ever. And that's saying alot seeing at first I really didn't get into it.

But I kept with it and by the middle of 1st season I started to think that this show had that "it factor". And it certainly hasn't dissapointed. Season 4 is all set up and it really should be a great one as the story lines can go a few ways with the main one going to be how the Byrds vs the Langmores and the resident nutjob Darleen Snell play out.

The family interactions between main characters are great. Marty and Wendy, the Snells, Ruth and her father etc. The reason why Better Call Saul will never get to BB level for me is because I do not buy the love / intimacy relationship between Jimmy and Kim. It's actually quite painful to watch. IMO

Reactions: Maximus and bl02

CTRanger

N9Y4R
Jun 20, 2006
The Gold Coast
Leaving out the obvious shows, here’s a list of real good under the radar shows on NF and AP depending on what you’re into. (Seasons)

The Last kingdom (4 drops this month)
Bosch (6 drops This month)
The Night Manager (1)
The Expanse (4)
Sneaky Pete (3)
The 100 (7 next month)
Bodyguard (1)
Carnival Row (1)
The Killing (4)
Altered Carbon (2)

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Leaving out the obvious shows, here’s a list of real good under the radar shows on NF and AP depending on what you’re into. (Seasons)

The Night Manager (1)
The Expanse (4)
Sneaky Pete (3)
The 100 (7 next month)
Bodyguard (1)
Carnival Row (1)
The Killing (4)
Altered Carbon (2)

I enjoyed Sneaky Pete.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
The family interactions between main characters are great. Marty and Wendy, the Snells, Ruth and her father etc. The reason why Better Call Saul will never get to BB level for me is because I do not buy the love / intimacy relationship between Jimmy and Kim. It's actually quite painful to watch. IMO
It took me until I was well into the show before I finally figured out whether they were friends/exes/dating. Just...oddly vague. Also everything with the crazy brother was a little much. But, I didn’t really love Breaking Bad either.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

The Night Manager (1)
The Expanse (4)
Sneaky Pete (3)

The 100 (7 next month)
Bodyguard (1)
Carnival Row (1)
The Killing (4)
Altered Carbon (2)

Love these three!

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
started watching the wire...never got around to seeing it before but its free on demand.

Reactions: Maximus

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1