OT: What show should I watch next?

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
The family interactions between main characters are great. Marty and Wendy, the Snells, Ruth and her father etc. The reason why Better Call Saul will never get to BB level for me is because I do not buy the love / intimacy relationship between Jimmy and Kim. It's actually quite painful to watch. IMO

Agree that the love connection between Kim and Saul is vexing at best and disturbing seeing Kim is f’n hot and Jimmy/Saul is not even in the stratosphere of her league.

But I digress...the series as a whole has been brilliant but I’m a huge Breaking Bad fan and Vince Gilliagan is freaking genius and can do no wrong by me. So I’m admittedly quite biased when it comes to BCS.

But hey...it would suck and be boring if we all agreed about everything...right?...lol

Reactions: bl02

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Agree that the love connection between Kim and Saul is vexing at best and disturbing seeing Kim is f’n hot and Jimmy/Saul is not even in the stratosphere of her league.

But I digress...the series as a whole has been brilliant but I’m a huge Breaking Bad fan and Vince Gilliagan is freaking genius and can do no wrong by me. So I’m admittedly quite biased when it comes to BCS.

But hey...it would suck and be boring if we all agreed about everything...right?...lol

I've been a huge fan as well and that's why this situation bothers me so much. TBH this in-house lawyer Paige would be a better Kim.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Been watching some of my old British mystery favs as TV comfort food.

Jeremy Brett is the best Sherlock Holmes of all time and David Suchet is the same for Hercule Poirot. Fight me.

With all due respect (and I know there is a language limitation for most here) but there's no better Sherlock than as played by Vasili Livanov in the series of Soviet movies from 1979 - 1986.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Went back to Little Britain after many years.

Love the Scottish hotel, Anne and prime minister skits.

Reactions: nyrage

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
The Wire is my favorite series of all time. Breaking Bad comes in second. I liked Treme a lot. Better call Saul is very good.

My wife's been bingewatching series--Homeland, Ray Donovan. I can't watch like that. A couple at a time and then I need to take a break. She was watching a movie Colewell last night that looked interesting but I only caught the end.

Reactions: Leetch3

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Me and my parents just saw that movie about a week ago. So good! Great actors in Outbreak.

However, me and my mom a week before that saw this film called "Contagion" that was a lot more similar to what's going on now. Almost near the same that it was scary.
Okay, thanks.....Will check it out!
Will come back with another offer. Dont usually get involvedbwith so called "series" because as soon as I get really involved in it......seems it always gets discontinued. I mean what ever happened to that series with people living in a bubble? Liked that and then BAM! GONE!
Anyway, really liking this "Money Heist" on Netflix. I will endorse it and playing catch up.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
The Wire is my favorite series of all time. Breaking Bad comes in second. I liked Treme a lot. Better call Saul is very good.

My wife's been bingewatching series--Homeland, Ray Donovan. I can't watch like that. A couple at a time and then I need to take a break. She was watching a movie Colewell last night that looked interesting but I only caught the end.
I'm re-watching The Wire now. The scene in season 2 where Jimmy is WASTED and he's driving home and crashes into a poll taking a corner. He gets out, looks at the damage, says "Bite me", then gets back in the car, flies in reverse back down the street, then tries to take the same turn again and crashes a second time. :laugh:

Reactions: nyrage and Maximus

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I'm re-watching The Wire now. The scene in season 2 where Jimmy is WASTED and he's driving home and crashes into a poll taking a corner. He gets out, looks at the damage, says "Bite me", then gets back in the car, flies in reverse back down the street, then tries to take the same turn again and crashes a second time. :laugh:

Ziggy's drinking companion in that. Quack Quack.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Not sure any of y’all ever watched the TV series Fargo that is loosely related to the classic Coen Brothers movie “Fargo” but here’s another suggestion for ya.....give it a watch.

Very well written, funny, violent and sad at different times. Acting is tremendous all around but in season 1 Billy Bob Thornton absolutely steals the season. His character is just awesome and other than his role in the series Goliath where BBT is tremendous as well, this role he plays in Fargo is so off the hook good that I went from hating him as an actor to now having mucho respect for his craft.

Anyways do yourselves a favor and give Fargo a look see. I believe the 4th season is in the works which makes me quite happy.

Reactions: nyrage

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Not sure any of y’all ever watched the TV series Fargo that is loosely related to the classic Coen Brothers movie “Fargo” but here’s another suggestion for ya.....give it a watch.

Very well written, funny, violent and sad at different times. Acting is tremendous all around but in season 1 Billy Bob Thornton absolutely steals the season. His character is just awesome and other than his role in the series Goliath where BBT is tremendous as well, this role he plays in Fargo is so off the hook good that I went from hating him as an actor to now having mucho respect for his craft.

Anyways do yourselves a favor and give Fargo a look see. I believe the 4th season is in the works which makes me quite happy.

The 4th season was supposed to premiere tomorrow but has been delayed due to the virus.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Watched The Chef Show on Netflix, thought it was terrific. Then binged Ugly Delicious which was a good watch as well. Definitely recommend both shows even if you’re not a cooking junkie like myself.

Reactions: Crease

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I like the innocence files, really upsetting how many innocent people are in prison just for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX

Season 4 was almost done and I believe had an April release date. It got pushed back indefinitely.

Reactions: Maximus

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX

Great scene. I just watched Jimmy get caught by the cops having sex with some woman on the hood of the car. He flashes his badge and keeps pumping. Classic Jimmy.

I've re-watched the Wire at least a half dozen times and I feel like I always pick up a new few things each times. I'm halfway through season 5 now.

So many great quotes, too. Just saw this one again:
"Focus, motherf*cker! Focus!" -Day-Day Price. That one always cracks me up.

Reactions: Maximus

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
The 4th season was supposed to premiere tomorrow but has been delayed due to the virus.

Well that blows chunks...a bit unlucky there with timing it appears..

Unlikely we’ll now get to see season 4 till at earliest the fall and more likely 2021....arrgggg

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Well not everything blows chunks these days as the Jordan "Last Dance" documentary on ESPN this past Sunday nite was a very good distraction from what's going on in our country as it documents the 96-97 Bulls season as they go for their 6th title of the decade which is sick if you think about...talk about dynasties.

Being a longtime Knicks fan and suffering way too many beat downs than I care to recall as there were so many wars with Jordan as Knicks played Bulls pretty much every year in in the early to mid 90's in the playoffs.

And of course those really good Riley coached Ewing,Starks,Oakley Knicks would give it 1000% punish the shit out of Jordan but we would lose every stinken time except once and that was when Jordan went to play baseball. So even when Knicks finally f'n beat the Bulls, it didn't have the same kind of luster had Jordan been there to feel the loss.

And still the Knicks still couldn't win the f'n NBA title.

Not that I didn't know this having lived thru the Bird/Magic era and seeing them hand the torch over to Jordan. But watching the documentary reminded me once again how magical and great he truly was. He was for the most part unstoppable.

I recall Riley would come up with every defense he could think of...having an Anthony Mason or Oakley beating the living shit out of him everytime he drove the lane as the main one. It didn't matter as Jordan would hang in the air an extra half second or make some ridiculous move to score or dish off for the easy bucket. It was pretty nuts watching him game in game out and this documentary brings all of that back home.

And by the way, no offense but anyone who says Lebron is better than Jordan is on drugs. And it's mostly peeps in the media who aren't yet 40 years old and never were around for Jordan when Jordan was Jordan. They are the ones who keep touting Lebron over Jordan....sorry but no chance in hell. Jordan is the best there ever was and ever will be.

If you haven't seen it yet, ESPN has the first two episodes out and it's really very well done.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I've been a huge fan as well and that's why this situation bothers me so much. TBH this in-house lawyer Paige would be a better Kim.

Dude...last night's BCS was off the rails good. What's his name in real life... El Chapo right? As elusive as he was even he could have learned a few lessons from Lolo Salamonca....holy shit....lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->