Status
Not open for further replies.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I'll respectfully disagree with you.

I believe that it was a huge step after Sinden and MOC to go outside the organization and give an independent manager the keys to the castle.

I agree. Hiring Chia wasn't just a breath of fresh air it was a Force 5 hurricane blowing through the Bruins front office. IIRC he was never part of the Bruins organization as either a player, scout or manager prior to being hired as GM. His hiring was truly a break with past Bruins' practice. I wish they had done the same after firing Chia, instead they went back to the old boys club. :shakehead

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
I'm on neither polarized end of the spectrum when it comes to Sweeney's performance as a GM, but why does it seem a team like Montreal, as an example, identifies a need (in this case a defenceman), goes out and acquires that need all within a few days?

Why does it seem like our management doesn't have the same degree of agility?

It's possibly an illusion, but it's frustrating at times nonetheless.

Edit: I was referring to David Schlemko

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I'm on neither polarized end of the spectrum when it comes to Sweeney's performance as a GM, but why does it seem a team like Montreal, as an example, identifies a need (in this case a defenceman), goes out and acquires that need all within a few days?

Montreal fans absolutely skewer Bergevin on their boards. The grass is definitely not greener on the other side.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta

Schlemko is OK, but he doesn't relly move the needle.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen

Do we really need our GM to sign another Beleskey, Irwin, Ronaldo or Backes ? He can continue his hibernation until october.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

No real need for him on this team. I think Sweeney either wants to go big or go home. Problem is other than Carlo and McAvoy who entices another team to do something, outside of 2-3 prospects and a first package type deal.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
No real need for him on this team. I think Sweeney either wants to go big or go home. Problem is other than Carlo and McAvoy who entices another team to do something, outside of 2-3 prospects and a first package type deal.

What do you think, dude?

Do you think they need to "go big" on the blueline?

McAvoy and Carlo have lessened the need for this kind of a play... At least in my opinion.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Not gonna lie, James Neal would probably make a great winger for Krejci. I hate his guts but if he could be had for cheap, I would do it. Is his contract horrible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad