What should Chevy do at the deadline? V2.0 New and improved! Pls read OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stej

Jul 28, 2006
The Kirk
Gotta wonder how much tonight's game will impact Chevy tomorrow. A loss really extinguishes the last of the buffer that we had and we'll be right there with Carolina/Washington (we arguably already are considering games in hand).

Who do we cheer for in the Carolina/Washington game? I guess Washington since they have one less game in hand and less ROW?

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
I could see St. Louis shopping around Chris Stewart since they have a few important RFAs to sign for next season. I believe they are a budget team so I don't see them hitting the cap next year.

Pietrangelo and Shattenkirk alone will probably cost them in the neighbourhood of $10+ million. Berglund will probably require $3.5 - $4.0 million to re-sign. They will also have to fillout the bottom end of their roster as well. This alone could put them in the $57-$58 million range.

Stewart most likely would command $4.5 - $5 million per season so he could conceivably put them up against the cap.

Jets trade for Stewart which fills a big need on our second line right wing as he has proven to be 20+ goal scorer and 50+ point player in the past. He also has the size that Chevy covets and he is young - only 25!! Ideally , sign him to a five-year contract for $24 - $25 million.

To Winnipeg:

Chris Stewart

To Colorado:

Alex Burmistrov
2014 1st round pick

I'm think this is what it would take to get the deal done. Stewart is a big guy the Jets would covet and would fit their needs of a top-6 scoring winger for several seasons. Those players don't come cheap, especially those as young as Stewart. In fact, the going rate is usually a first round pick and a blue chip prospect (which I think Burmistrov would be equivalent to).

I chose a 2014 first round pick because I figure with a full year of Stewart in the lineup and two legitimate scoring lines (fingers crossed on Sheifele or a bounce-back season from Jokinen) that the Jets should be a playoff team. Therefore, the pick would be bottom half of the first round and the Jets risk of losing out on an elite prospect decreases substantially.

Would this be enough to convince Colorado to make the trade? Would the Jets be giving up too much? Are some people here not interested in Stewart at all?

Last edited:

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I could see St. Louis shopping around Chris Stewart since they have a few important RFAs to sign for next season. I believe they are a budget team so I don't see them hitting the cap next year.

Pietrangelo and Shattenkirk alone will probably cost them in the neighbourhood of $10+ million. Berglund will probably require $3.5 - $4.0 million to re-sign. They will also have to fillout the bottom end of their roster as well. This alone could put them in the $57-$58 million range.

Stewart most likely would command $4.5 - $5 million per season so he could conceivably put them up against the cap.

Jets trade for Stewart which fills a big need on our second line right wing as he has proven to be 20+ goal scorer and 50+ point player in the past. He also has the size that Chevy covets and he is young - only 25!! Ideally , sign him to a five-year contract for $24 - $25 million.

To Winnipeg:

Chris Stewart

To Colorado:

Alex Burmistrov
2014 1st round pick

I'm think this is what it would take to get the deal done. Stewart is a big guy the Jets would covet and would fit their needs of a top-6 scoring winger for several seasons. Those players don't come cheap, especially those as young as Stewart. In fact, the going rate is usually a first round pick and a blue chip prospect (which I think Burmistrov would be equivalent to).

I chose a 2014 first round pick because I figure with a full year of Stewart in the lineup and two legitimate scoring lines (fingers crossed on Sheifele or a bounce-back season from Jokinen) that the Jets should be a playoff team. Therefore, the pick would be bottom half of the first round and the Jets risk of losing out on an elite prospect decreases substantially.

Would this be enough to convince Colorado to make the trade? Would the Jets be giving up too much? Are some people here not interested in Stewart at all?

Way, WAY too much for Stewart. Burmistrov alone maybe I would do for Stewart.

Stewart a hugely overrated player, IMO. He is big, but he is scared of the corners, does not hit, does not battle, does not win battles, floats, is streaky at best. Depends alot of his shot and speed. Does not work well with teammates on the ice. Just not the type of player I would want to the Jets to be targeting at all.

Remember too that this is a divisional trade.

Scheifele55

Jun 22, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba

To Winnipeg:

Chris Stewart

To Colorado:

Alex Burmistrov
2014 1st round pick

I would consider Burmistrov for Stewart straight up, however throwing in a 1st rounder is too much for my liking.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
Way, WAY too much for Stewart. Burmistrov alone maybe I would do for Stewart.

Stewart a hugely overrated player, IMO. He is big, but he is scared of the corners, does not hit, does not battle, does not win battles, floats, is streaky at best. Depends alot of his shot and speed. Does not work well with teammates on the ice. Just not the type of player I would want to the Jets to be targeting at all.

Remember too that this is a divisional trade.

That's a good point I had not considered Holden. I think it would take more than Burmi to get Stewart though. Stewart is a known commodity though. You know you're going to get 20+ goals and 50+ points from him every season.

With Burmi we really don't know what he is going to turn into. Could be a career third liner who is defensively responsible but doesn't contribute to the offense in a significant way. Could be a 2nd-3rd line tweener who produces 30 - 40 points a season. Or he could be a 2nd liner who produces 50+ points in a season. We really don't know at this point.

But with Stewart we know exactly what we would be getting, and it's something we are currently desparate for - second line scoring.

I wonder if Burmistrov and a 2nd rounder/Lowry would be enough?

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
That's a good point I had not considered Holden. I think it would take more than Burmi to get Stewart though. Stewart is a known commodity though. You know you're going to get 20+ goals and 50+ points from him every season.

With Burmi we really don't know what he is going to turn into. Could be a career third liner who is defensively responsible but doesn't contribute to the offense in a significant way. Could be a 2nd-3rd line tweener who produces 30 - 40 points a season. Or he could be a 2nd liner who produces 50+ points in a season. We really don't know at this point.

But with Stewart we know exactly what we would be getting, and it's something we are currently desparate for - second line scoring.

I wonder if Burmistrov and a 2nd rounder/Lowry would be enough?

You're still waaaay overstating Stewarts value.
I MIGHT do Burmi straight up for Stewart. If they expect us to add to Burmi I'm hanging up.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
I would probably do Burmi + , but that plus wouldn't be a 1st or a top prospect like Lowry.

Edgar Halliwax

aka Marvin Candle
Sep 23, 2011
Winnipeg
Chevy, please dump the Fat Man. For one minute of greatness, there is 59 minutes of mediocrity.

He is only going to get fatter, and worse... Trade Buff, please :help::help:

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Still thinking and hoping Stafford, Cammalleri, Stastny and Pominville are at least possibilities for us.

In order of my liking, Pominville, Cammalleri, Stastny, Stafford.

Still REALLY hoping Chevy can add Raffi Torres. Would love him in the line-up, personally.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
I'm thinking with the Trouba signing Hainsey is definitely available. He keeps it tight and waits for the night before the trade deadline to drive up the price for veteran D, now he can get top dollar because there's less available.

I also think the other possibility is Hainsey has agreed to re-sign, and we could move Buff.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I wish to change my answer.

I want Chevy to make some changes. Hainsey and Antro for picks. Burmistrov for ?? Wellwood if anyone wants him.

This team has shown it's true spirit the past 2 weeks and this group does not have the toughness to make the playoffs.

Washington, Carolina the Islanders and Rangers all showed us what desperation is.

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
Chevy better make a move tomorrow to get us something for next year, be it a draft pick, prospect, or roster player.

Judging from this tailspin, this team still hasn't gotten it all together. And this is the same core that has been together for what, 3 years now? Something else needs to be added/removed.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
I wish to change my answer.

I want Chevy to make some changes. Hainsey and Antro for picks. Burmistrov for ?? Wellwood if anyone wants him.

This team has shown it's true spirit the past 2 weeks and this group does not have the toughness to make the playoffs.

Washington, Carolina the Islanders and Rangers all showed us what desperation is.

Nailed it. Fully concur.

It's probably to some degree emotion and frustration with the loss, but honestly, this group looks no different than last year. Time to change things up.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
I hate to be a I told you so guy..... But Chevy has to deal the Ufa players for picks.... This team is not ready for prime time

ajmidd12

Know-It-All
Apr 16, 2012
This Planet
Nailed it. Fully concur.

It's probably to some degree emotion and frustration with the loss, but honestly, this group looks no different than last year. Time to change things up.
Probably why they signed the Mean Machine Trouba, heard that kid is a tough guy for sure with a wicked shot.

TBH I would rather they trade Hainsey before Antro.

I hate to be a I told you so guy..... But Chevy has to deal the Ufa players for picks.... This team is not ready for prime time
Probably, but I wouldn't put it past Chevy to be in talks with the likes of Cammalleri or Pominville.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Time to cut some fat. Problem is Hainsey and Antro are the easiest pieces to move, but it doesn't mean they're the best pieces to move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad