Ladd,Scheifele,Wheeler
Lowry,Little,??
Wright,Slater,Peluso/Klingberg

Enstrom,Buff
??,Bogo
Kulda,Trouba
Meech,Redmond

Montoya,Pavs

Possibly Lowry might adapt to centre and little could move RW and Telegin could slot on LW.

So Stafford, a guy who has been a healthy scratch on Buffalo, and also demoted at times to the 4th line is on the 1st line now?

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
So Stafford, a guy who has been a healthy scratch on Buffalo, and also demoted at times to the 4th line is on the 1st line now?

I knew a change of scenery could work wonders...but I never knew or could pull miracles out go said under achieving player 's ass.

winterpeg

Sharp Dressed Man
Feb 20, 2013
Winnipeg
I knew a change of scenery could work wonders...but I never knew or could pull miracles out go said under achieving player 's ass.
I agree, I think any move for Stafford is about taking a chance that he'll play well with Kane so that we can have strong second line scoring. I think it'd take a lot of chemistry to move LLW to the second line, and even more to break them up (other than for a few games if they've been slumping just for a shakeup) because in my opinion, that line plays better than the sum of it's parts, and you don't want to waste the few extra goals you get from that by playing your three highest scorers on the first line on principle.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
On a good team he is!

On a good team he is.

5 goals in 37 games playing 20 minutes a night on the 1st line including all power plays.

4th highest points at ES/60 minutes on the Jets at 1.72, higher than other noted 3rd line chumps like Henrik Zetterberg, Joe Thornton, Loui Eriksson, Zach Parise...shall I go on?

Saying he's a third line player on a good team is really stretching the definition of good.

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
4th highest points at ES/60 minutes on the Jets at 1.72, higher than other noted 3rd line chumps like Henrik Zetterberg, Joe Thornton, Loui Eriksson, Zach Parise...shall I go on?

Saying he's a third line player on a good team is really stretching the definition of good.

Well Iginla is a third line winger on a good team! ;)

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
I would love to get into the playoffs, it would be great for the players and their development and on a personal note, as someone who was at the last playoff game it will be an amazing experience.

Looking at this team though, IMO that division lead and 3rd spot in the conference is more of a mirage than a true reflection of the team. Plus / minus may not be the best metric in regards to individual players, but I think it is a pretty decent indicator in regards to an entire team. The Jets +/- in terms of goals for and against is 4th worst in the league.

I like Chevy's comments about being a buyer and a seller. It would be nice to sell some older assets while picking up younger ones as well.

As an example, now that the Blues have picked up Bowmeester and Leopold, maybe a guy like Cole is available? Not saying he can replace Hainsey, but if you could deal Hainsey for more than what it would cost you to acquire Cole, could moves like that help us in the future while not throwing in the towel right now?

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
IMO I just think the last thing the Jets want to do is trade one UFA for another UFA. Any player the Jets trade for will have to be committed to a multi-year deal or why bother.

We are not going to acquire rental players just in an effort to make the playoffs because we don't have to. We are in the SE division... win a few games and we will make the playoffs with the roster we have. If we make trades, make them for the future, not for a playoff push now.

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
Still stand by my belief that Couts isn't worth near what everyone thinks he is.

What a difference one year makes.

A year ago, people were saying he was the steal of the draft and could be better than RNH and Landeskog.

Now Flyer fans are proposing trades of Couturier-for-Gardiner.

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
Coburn has a separated shoulder; as an injured player he can't be traded as such.

Don't want to trade Buff regardless, speaking personally.

I fel the same way

Don't think trading Buff, especially at this point in time, is worth it for us. We're going to need him next year when the divisions switch.

JetsTrueNorth

Feb 16, 2013
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Chevy makes NO TRADES whatsoever. That being said, I could see him entertaining the idea of grabbing a player(s) off the waiver wire. Today's wire:

Kurtis Foster (PHI), Mike Santorelli (FLA), Steve Montador and Rostislav Olesz (CHI), Hall (TB) and Barker (VAN).

Barker stands out as someone I could see Chevy having interest in.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
When does the roster limit disappear? Is it tonight or right at the deadline?

Zhamnov10

Jul 17, 2011

1st line 2nd line doesn't really matter, bottom line is Stafford has averaged 20 goals a year for the last 6 years,he is on a good contract for 2 more years he brings size,speed and scoring to the Jets this is his first down year since breaking into the NHL, his attitude is in question and maybe rightfully so but skill wise as a player he fits the bill and you wouldn't be selling the farm to acquire him but it would be up to True north to figure out if his attitude is in fact that big of an issue.I think he might be an upgrade on Meittinen?

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
1st line 2nd line doesn't really matter, bottom line is Stafford has averaged 20 goals a year for the last 6 years,he is on a good contract for 2 more years he brings size,speed and scoring to the Jets this is his first down year since breaking into the NHL, his attitude is in question and maybe rightfully so but skill wise as a player he fits the bill and you wouldn't be selling the farm to acquire him but it would be up to True north to figure out if his attitude is in fact that big of an issue.I think he might be an upgrade on Meittinen?

All of that is true, but he's also been demoted to the 4th line on a lottery team, and has also been a healthy scratch. Looking at his stats and hoping he can somehow be a 1st line player after a trade doesn't make much sense to me.

An upgrade (hopefully) on Mittens would be exactly how I would be approaching a trade for him myself. He'd be a 2nd / 3rd line tweener IMO. Which then really makes you pause when you see he has a 4 million dollar contract for 2 more years. I.E. If he doesn't produce, and has to get shoved to the 3rd line, how does that 4 million dollars affect possible other signings?

Zhamnov10

Jul 17, 2011
All of that is true, but he's also been demoted to the 4th line on a lottery team, and has also been a healthy scratch. Looking at his stats and hoping he can somehow be a 1st line player after a trade doesn't make much sense to me.

An upgrade (hopefully) on Mittens would be exactly how I would be approaching a trade for him myself. He'd be a 2nd / 3rd line tweener IMO. Which then really makes you pause when you see he has a 4 million dollar contract for 2 more years. I.E. If he doesn't produce, and has to get shoved to the 3rd line, how does that 4 million dollars affect possible other signings?

I admit it is a bit of gamble but in my opinion that's the only way we are going to get a decent player,we will have to overpay at UFA time if we are able to get anyone at all, and no one seems to trade a guy on a real good contract I think we could handle the extra 1-1.5 million he would be getting paid for the next to years if he only ends up playing on our 3rd line.

umwoz

Feb 28, 2010
To be fair to Stafford, this has been a down year for him. Every other year he's shown he could be a solid 20 Goal guy, much more than we've gotten from our 2nd line RW, whoever that is.

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
Coburn has a separated shoulder; as an injured player he can't be traded as such.

Don't want to trade Buff regardless, speaking personally.

Buff is like a hot bipolar girlfriend. Sometimes hot, sometimes just a hot mess. Uniquely entertaining. Eventually you'll get tired of her and want someone more consistent...but that's another day.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Buff is like a hot bipolar girlfriend. Sometimes hot, sometimes just a hot mess. Uniquely entertaining. Eventually you'll get tired of her and want someone more consistent...but that's another day.

Incredible description. Spot on.

Edgar Halliwax

aka Marvin Candle
Sep 23, 2011
Winnipeg

Which is exactly why I wouldn't be opposed to Chevy making a deal for Buff if the price is right. He is only going to get fatter until one day in his mid-40's he will decide he has to lose weight and start taking care of himself if he wants to live a long and fruitful life.

(Disclaimer: May or may not be speaking from personal experience after losing a ton of weight the last few years...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->