What should Chevy do at the deadline? V2.0 New and improved! Pls read OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Guess those summer moves didn't really amount to anything.

Now I feel bad about feeling bad back then for complaining.

You are a bad person and should feel bad. :sarcasm:

What can I say, they looked like good improvements on paper, at least in my view. They probably do amount to improvements, however small, since there were no real losses in the off-season.

ajmidd12

Know-It-All
Apr 16, 2012
This Planet
You are a bad person and should feel bad. :sarcasm:

What can I say, they looked like good improvements on paper, at least in my view. They probably do amount to improvements, however small, since there were no real losses in the off-season.
Stapleton is better than Wellwood anyday, especially on the powerplay. Now I'm going to go eat some hay, lay down by the bay, I just may....

Last edited:

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Meech to St. Johns!

Antro and Burmi to anywhere!

Mittens, Wellwood, Jokinen to anywhere they want soft players!

Winnipeg Jets

Lucky #7
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
Ladd - Little - Wheeler
Kane - ? - ?
? - Jokinen - ?
Wright - Slater - ?

Enstrom - Buff
Bogosian - Trouba
Stuart - Hainsey

Pavs
Montoya

We're missing 2/3 of a second and third line. Next year we might see Scheifele slot into the #2/3 centre position but overall everyone else is more than expendable.

Another problem is we barely have any prospects pushing for a spot from the minors. This team seriously needs a good 2 or 3 years of just stocking the cupboard before we make any substantial push for the playoffs. Until then I can see why Chevy is picking the waiver wire clean. He doesn't want to give up picks and we can't afford to trade roster players for prospects unless we want a full-on rebuild.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Nailed it. Fully concur.

It's probably to some degree emotion and frustration with the loss, but honestly, this group looks no different than last year. Time to change things up.

Agree Brogo and Hank.

Looking at the big picture here, the grand scheme of things, and putting emotions aside, I think we've seen enough of this "group" for almost 2 seasons now. Mediocre is all they are.

I am all for changes to change the way of this team. New faces, new emotion, new culture, etc.

UFA's to be? Get rid of them all. Antropov, Miettinen, Wellwood, Thorburn, Hainsey, etc. Burmistrov too in a deal if a good one is out there for us. Wouldn't be suprised at all to see Chevy pushing Burmistrov hard to Buffalo. Burmistrov + Postma + 2nd for Pominville, or something of the sorts on the table.

Last edited:

veganhunter

Mexico City Coyotes!
Feb 15, 2010
Calgary
Ladd - Little - Wheeler
Kane - ? - ?
? - Jokinen - ?
Wright - Slater - ?

Enstrom - Buff
Bogosian - Trouba
Stuart - Hainsey

Pavs
Montoya

We're missing 2/3 of a second and third line. Next year we might see Scheifele slot into the #2/3 centre position but overall everyone else is more than expendable.

Another problem is we barely have any prospects pushing for a spot from the minors. This team seriously needs a good 2 or 3 years of just stocking the cupboard before we make any substantial push for the playoffs. Until then I can see why Chevy is picking the waiver wire clean. He doesn't want to give up picks and we can't afford to trade roster players for prospects unless we want a full-on rebuild.

Yupp. This exactly why I don't understand everyone saying 1. we are a contender 2. adding a rental piece at the deadline is what we need. I mean if you combine that depth chart with what we have in the system we can't afford be giving up picks and IMO letting UFAs leave for nothing

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
I imagine this poll would be a hell of a lot different after tonights loss, our 4th in a row. That's why GMs always wait right up until the deadline.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Of course, but where did those pieces go? Mostly to teams that are locks for the playoffs, or contenders even. Teams that are hovering around the line will wait until the last possible second.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Will be interesting to see if any of the other names are moved tomorrow - like luongo - or if it will be very, very quiet.

May be a bunch of AHL'ers moving around.

umwoz

Feb 28, 2010
Hainsey nets a 2nd and a late pick at best. I'd imagine similar for Antro, maybe even less.

JetsTrueNorth

Feb 16, 2013
Carolina is banged up on the blue line. Faulk is still out and they lost Pitkanen for the season tonight.

Maybe a Hainsey for Jussi Jokinen (if Carolina eats some of his contract) would help both clubs???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->