"What 's gone and what's past help should be past grief" Habs lose 5-2

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Habs finally outshot and out chanced a team just to lose to a hot goalie and questionable defensive play. The DD/Petry play seems up the Habs defensive game.

Lorty

May 7, 2013
The sad thing is that MT will probably look at this game as confirmation that getting outshot while playing a more "defensive/grinding game" aka getting carried by great performances from Price is the only way to win.

I didn't watch the whole match but from what I've seen, the Habs played well and dictated the game, Tokarski, an awful PP, and terrible defensive coverage let the team down.

Which makes no sense. We only allowed 22 shots on goal tonight, and very few were scoring chances. Meanwhile, Price has to save 30+ shots all the time with a LOT of scoring chances.

Hab-a-maniac

Sep 28, 2003
Toronto via Calgary!
Visit site
Two straight we lost but deserved better. Tokarski is ass. But none of this changes the fact we have so little offense, a dumb as a post head coach and his horrible system and some defenders regularly playing like crap (Emelin, Gilbert). Also, 5-5-3 since the trade deadline :shakehead

PS Play Carey every one of the next 6 games and then Toker in the finale unless the division is on the line vs. the Leafs. If not, he can play his last game this season or in a Habs uniform hopefully

void

Jan 5, 2006
I still can't believe Therrien decided to demote/bench Eller. What exactly did he do wrong? Desharnais was downright terrible defensively yet he kept getting rewarded. How are people not losing their minds over this? I've never seen such BLATANT favouritism in my entire life.

CH25

Self-proclaimed Habs connoisseur
Apr 12, 2010
Montreal
Everyone keep in mind that we lost this one because Tokarski was bad and Pavelec was awesome. We dominated this game and could have easily won this, against a team fighting for its playoff spot. So calm down with the everything sucks posts.

Yes this game was all about goaltending. Nothing else.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
This is the kind of game that pulling the starter goalie could have changed the outcome of the game.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
No Pricey
No Winnie

DSP new name is Damn Slow Player.

Too bad we had a good bottom 6 player we let walked in Ryan White for nothing.

this should of been a blowout by end of 2nd for Montreal but Pavelec stopped the pucks while Tokarski couldn't stop a camel running through and eye of a needle.

I agree, I will never understand the decision to get rid of a heart and soul guy like Ryan White. One of Bergevin's blunders

Mynameismark*

No Pricey
No Winnie

DSP new name is Damn Slow Player.

Too bad we had a good bottom 6 player we let walked in Ryan White for nothing.

this should of been a blowout by end of 2nd for Montreal but Pavelec stopped the pucks while Tokarski couldn't stop a camel running through and eye of a needle.

Man I miss White.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Horrible game from Petry. At least three awful turnovers - very unlike him. I hope that hit from Ladd didn't do damage.

I was wondering about that. It reminded me a bit of the Clarkson hit on Gonchar and we all saw how badly he played after that. Bad games happen, it's about how Petry rebounds next game that will tell us if he had a bad game or because of a possible concussion.

Tonight was the PERFECT time to send a message to Desharnais.

Therrien going to lose the room eventuallly.

All coaches lose the room eventually. Therrien is the perfect type who would lose the room. Eventually his act will grow old and the players will tune him out and a change is needed. This year there is some signs of that like the Habs lifeless starts most games.

punk255

Mar 15, 2014
MT dont know what to do with skill player
With him Galch will becoming the best dump and chase with talent in NHL

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
DSP is literally playing himself off the team. He is bad. Does not appear to be an nhl player

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I still can't believe Therrien decided to demote/bench Eller. What exactly did he do wrong? Desharnais was downright terrible defensively yet he kept getting rewarded. How are people not losing their minds over this? I've never seen such BLATANT favouritism in my entire life.
Because it happens every game...

punk255

Mar 15, 2014

I sure Eller have ***** enough of that dumb coach

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
Habs finally outshot and out chanced a team just to lose to a hot goalie and questionable defensive play. The DD/Petry play seems up the Habs defensive game.
That will be Therrien's excuse:laugh: They didn't follow the game plan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad