"What 's gone and what's past help should be past grief" Habs lose 5-2

Haaabs

Jul 16, 2010
Montreal
Jets fan coming in peace. You guys really took it to the Jets last night IMO, especially in the first period, and we're lucky that Good Pavelec has been on a hot streak. With Price in your net, and the regular Shaky Pavelec in ours, this could have been 6-1 Montreal.

Don`t get insulted by the chants, it`s just the way the fans get into the game. Subban was getting booed when he played on the Hamilton Bulldogs against the Manitoba Moose!

Good luck in the playoffs!

Insulted? I kinda love it when a whole stadium chirps us like that. I always think its funny using another teams chants to get back at them. "OLE" "We want Carey", all that was missing was "HEY HEY HEY GOODBYE" :laugh:

As for the game, I don't understand why Eller was demoted to 4th line LW when his 3rd line has been very effective recently. I also have no idea why the DD line keeps getting first opportunity on every PP when they never produce and when the 2nd wave looked a lot better. I have no idea why the MaxPac-DD pair is used first 4on4 when they have nothing to show for it. MaxPac has been more productive 4v5 on the PK with Eller and Plekanec.

We need to give ice time to the line thats playing best that night and PP time to the line that's most effective against whatever team we're playing.

Last edited:

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Serves this team right for playing that god awful PAP at every turn. He can't make, or receive a pass and he panics with the puck.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Did they just say on TSN690 that the Habs have only scored 6 PP goals in their last 24 games? Is that their last 24 games overall or their last 24 road games. The Habs only have 11 PP goals (11 for 105 - 10.5%) on the road this year in 38 games. :facepalm:

The TSN690 panel now bringing up that DD shouldn't be on the PP because hes just not a good PP guy. I agree 100% with that.

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
Did they just say on TSN690 that the Habs have only scored 6 PP goals in their last 24 games? Is that their last 24 games overall or their last 24 road games. The Habs only have 11 PP goals (11 for 105 - 10.5%) on the road this year in 38 games. :facepalm:

The TSN690 panel now bringing up that DD shouldn't be on the PP because hes just not a good PP guy. I agree 100% with that.

Shocking truth :amazed:

Now just try to convince MT about that and the job will be done.

Nynja*

DD is the heart and soul of the team, drafted to be the future #1 center and the next Gretz.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax

The frustrating part is that, when he has time, he puts the flattest passes right on the tape for guys. Unfortunately, he rarely finds/gets himself in situations where he has the time to carefully measure his passes. He's terrible if the defense puts any pressure at all on him when he has the puck - turning many possessions into 50-50 puck battles that he ultimately loses. If you're not a legit shooting threat, you probably shouldn't get a lot of PP time as a forward, as you're just making it easier for the defense to cheat on the "real threats".

I'd like to see Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gallagher on wave one (all shooting threats), maybe followed by Galchenyuk-Eller-DLR(/PAP... maybe) on wave two (possession players, leading back into 5-on-5 play if unsuccessful). Problem is, that's a lot of work for some guys that HAVE to be relied on for penalty-killing, too, because the rest of the forwards (from DD/Parenteau to Weise/DSP) simply aren't good enough to be relied on for it full-time. And to top it off, I think Prust/Malhotra > Mitchell/Flynn, so there's little/no help there.

Last edited:

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Insulted? I kinda love it when a whole stadium chirps us like that. I always think its funny using another teams chants to get back at them. "OLE" "We want Carey", all that was missing was "HEY HEY HEY GOODBYE" :laugh:

As for the game, I don't understand why Eller was demoted to 4th line LW when his 3rd line has been very effective recently. I also have no idea why the DD line keeps getting first opportunity on every PP when they never produce and when the 2nd wave looked a lot better. I have no idea why the MaxPac-DD pair is used first 4on4 when they have nothing to show for it.

I don't understand why Max and DD is still a pair at all. It is not working and has not been working for over 2 years now. Yes Patch scores goals. But Patch would score goals playing with me and i'm really far from a good amateur player ;) ... although i'm actually taller than DD ...

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
DD on the PP makes absolutely no sense. The guy just doesnt shoot. Can't protect the puck along the wall. He is in front of the net but rarely deflects any shot.

1st wave should be

Gallagher/Parenteau Plekanec Pacioretty

Subban Markov

2nd wave should be

Parenteau/Gallagher Eller Galchenyuk

Petry Beaulieu

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Who was in charge of the power play when the habs were one of the best in the league a couple years back?

This is a very good question.

Looking back at the history of our PP vs rest of league:

2005-06: 5th
2006-07: 1st
2007-08: 1st
2009-10: 2nd
2010-11: 7th

2012-13: 5th
2013-14: 19th
2014-15: 26th

So under Therrien and basically the same roster we were able to achieve a very good 5th place PP in the league!

We all know that in MT first year he had no favorites yet, he was a players coach and rewarded players based on meritocracy. We also played a more aggressive 2-man fore checking system.

So what changed? Who was in charge of the PP then? Was DD still first wave on the PP? I think this could shed a lot of light on our current struggles if we could answer these questions.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Kirk Muller? ;)

It was not Kirk Muller as he went on to become Headcoach of Predators AHL team and then Headcoach of Carolina in the same year, 2011. Although he was here as an assistant since 2006 for both years when habs finished 1st in the league on the PP.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home

what would his dad say (MT)....ah no my boy is the face of the #1 line
and further more.....i would look wrong if i changed it now

habalifeok

Oct 28, 2013
At the game last nite. It was a little closer than score indicated but the turning point was when DD or Petry got tangled up with Emelin and both went down in a heap leaving 2 incredulously surprised Jets all alone for a gift goal Tokarski had no chance on. On a nother goal my son and I watched as Eller stood still near the penaltly box as if in a trance with the puck sitting no more than 6 feet away.Before Eller came to a Jet swooped the puck up broke in and another goal was scored. I think Eller was standing there watching Therrien for a sign or something.What a collosal mental error.
Galchenyuk from close in almost had one but Pavs deflected it over the crossbar.Most of Montreals chances came from the perimeter with no screen in front of the net.Especially on the powerplay.
Gallagher had 2 shots lying flat on his face but couldnt get it over the goalies pads.
Markovs goal was wonderful. He skated across ice near top of the circles until he got a screen and floated a wrister that noone touched.amazing.

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
Jets fan coming in peace. You guys really took it to the Jets last night IMO, especially in the first period, and we're lucky that Good Pavelec has been on a hot streak. With Price in your net, and the regular Shaky Pavelec in ours, this could have been 6-1 Montreal.

Don`t get insulted by the chants, it`s just the way the fans get into the game. Subban was getting booed when he played on the Hamilton Bulldogs against the Manitoba Moose!

Good luck in the playoffs!

people on the main board seemed to think its a big deal I LOVE rowdy games where the crowd is into it actually if Tokarski cant handle that then time to start delivering pizza for a living

GG last night I really hope Jets make it in that chant on the Sharks 'whos your captain' was EPIC

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
people on the main board seemed to think its a big deal I LOVE rowdy games where the crowd is into it actually if Tokarski cant handle that then time to start delivering pizza for a living

GG last night I really hope Jets make it in that chant on the Sharks 'whos your captain' was EPIC

I can't get behind any hate for anything Jets-related. Love having them back, love their fans (rowdy, supportive, AND on point with their chirps), love the way their team plays, and hope they make the playoffs. Even people out here (in the East) with allegiances to other teams who don't really watch a lot of hockey anymore (or tune in mostly to Pittsburgh/Crosby games as their "out of market" experience) still have interest in the Jets' chances for the playoffs in particular, which I find awesome for some reason.

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
I can't get behind any hate for anything Jets-related. Love having them back, love their fans (rowdy, supportive, AND on point with their chirps), love the way their team plays, and hope they make the playoffs. Even people out here (in the East) with allegiances to other teams who don't really watch a lot of hockey anymore (or tune in mostly to Pittsburgh/Crosby games as their "out of market" experience) still have interest in the Jets' chances for the playoffs in particular, which I find awesome for some reason.

its good to see MORE/ALL canadian teams making it after last year so tired of all these american tank job teams at the top of the rankings while Canadian teams struggle

Jets Van Calgary even Ottawa much more feel good story this year

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009
It was amusing to see andrew ladd in his role as Turtle last night. Don't act like a tough guy if you're not going to back it up, andy...

Dont tell that to jets fans, they talk about him like some folk hero. Boarded 2 guys from behind I believe, only time he tries to engage Beaulieu is when he has his back completely turned to him and stops as soon as they are face to face. I wish he had of caught him coming across the middle.

Last edited by a moderator:

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Shall I compare thee to Carey Price's play?
Thou art much smaller and more unfocused:
Rough nerves do shake this darlings play come May,
And summer’s lease hath all too short a date:
Sometime too hot the eye of hab fans shine,
And often is his gold playoff complexion dimm’d;
And every fair from fair sometime declines,
By chance or this youth's changing course untrimm’d;
But thy post-season summer shall not fade
Nor lose possession of these wins thou owest;
Nor shall losses brag thou wander’st in his shade,
When in eternal lines to time thou never growest:
So long as fans can breathe or eyes can see,
So long as Tok' plays, he gives losses to thee.

As a huge Shakespeare fan, I love it. Great avy too :handclap:

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
Vatican City
As a huge Shakespeare fan, I love it. Great avy too :handclap:

tumblr_mpdjonMvaQ1rvvdtlo2_500.jpg

Post and avatar are both over 9000.

william-shakespeare.jpg

Thank you

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I don't understand what's up with DSP. I remember watching him with the Ducks and he was quite noticeable in these games with his physical play. He was hitting everything that moved and was playing an in your face style which is something we just haven't seen from him with the Habs other than a shift here and there.

They don't want him to hit. Same thing happened with Pateryn, first few games with us, he was hitting everything that moved. Now he is far less noticeable. They just want their guys to neutralizes guys out of the play along the boards, they don't want big open ice hits.

Therrien and his guys thinks they're gonna revolutionizes hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->