Merida, Mexico
Kris Draper's Breakaway goal scoring
Jason Smith's puck blocking
Jarret Stoll's faceoff ability
Ryan Smyth and Tomas Holmstrom's ass in your face ability
Tomas Holmstrom's scoring skills
Ales Hemsky's passing ability
Mike Peca's speed and defensive play

So in reality, I'm a decent first line centreman with great vision and decent speed, though I am a much better second line shut down centreman.

Or a defenseman.

Congo

Sep 22, 2007
I'm some frankenstein of the following...

Michael Peca in his prime's ability to defend, and chip in some goals.
Anton Volchenkov's willingess to sacrifice his body.
Luc Robitaille's skating.
Kristian Huselius' streakiness.

There are some times I just tear up our league, putting up 10 goals in 3 games (inline beer leagues, so that's not unheard of) and then never show up on the score sheet for weeks.

Also, I need to like my teammates to do well. I don't mean get along with them, I mean I need to actually give a **** about them.

AbeLincolnsGhost

Jul 5, 2008
Ashland, OH
I have the skills of a 10 year old, maybe... on my best day.

I am 26 and actually just started to learn to skate about 6 months ago. Been a hockey fan since grade school but was never allowed to play because my parents said it was too expensive (don't really blame them.) I don't have anywhere that I can skate with a stick and stuff either so I don't know how my actual hockey skills are.

I did have an 11 year old kid teaching me how to skate at our local arena a few times in late Feb. He watched me spend 2 weeks learning to stop and kept giving me pointers.

Bojovnik

Feb 11, 2007
England
I kinda base my game on a shutdown D, like Volchenkov etc, but I play the point on the PP, and I have quite an accurate shot.

Sometimes I do get a head rush and try to go coast to coast, but not very often.

Reid Simonton or Samy Nasreddine type player :laugh:

Umm idk about nhl to be perfectly honest..

J-bo?

SiouxPride

Dec 26, 2006
WINNIPEG!
well, my coach says im a beast.. i hit big, i play big, yet im 5'4, im like Jordin Tootoo, cept a bit cleaner and way more offensive.
Coach says im a incredibal passer, my slap shot is abit weak, but it can be clocked pretty damn hard on a great one timer. My wrist shtos average, great speed, good vison, Sean Avery combined with Jarome Iginla mind set ( weird i know ( im cocky yet very encourging to my teammates.

noobman

Nov 28, 2007
Well my skills are all comparitive. I am to rec hockey what these guys are to the NHL:

Agitates like Kaspiritis
Shoots like Wideman (lol)
Skates like Afinogenov (tons of speed but totally out of control)
Hits like Chara (I very rarely get the worst of an encounter)
Dangles like Connolly (I've got thru the legs and thats it)
Passes like Thornton (I'm one of the best setup guys in my league)

Nighthock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada
Jason Labarbera. Big goalie who covers a lot of space that isn't really that great ... and probably should be sent down.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Mine would be a combo of:

Spezza's vision and playmaking
Fehr's wrist shot
Spezza's slapshot
Mueller's skating skills
Neil's fighting skills
Nash's personality
Matthias' body

and in all I pattern my game off of Eric Fehr, except with less injuries

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I'm another mid-late twenties beginner, started last fall in power skating, finally learning how to stop and skate backwards properly (going forward and crossovers I was already good at), and started in HNA's beginners intake program in February.

As for who I play like, I would compare myself to a ninja. My skill level is deceptive, apart from skating hard I don't look like I'll do much, but then I'll get off the shot, grab the rebound, or make the pass that ends up in the net. Just like when I first started playing college floor hockey, I'm not the most talented out there, but I know how to score. With the more experienced guys we brought in to fill holes for the summer league I'm probably only around 5th in terms of talent on my team, but I'm the leading scorer with 10-6-10-16, which ties me for 5th in scoring in the Grasshoppers Division.

So I guess in terms of current NHLers I'm some sort of cross between Vaclav Prospal and Tomas Holmstrom.

Blueshirt24

May 28, 2008
If Martin Havlat's skills were scaled down to be a division III college player, that would be me. I've had some injury problems, though I'm nowhere near as fragile as Havlat. I also have a weak-sauce slapshot, but my skating and agility is very good and I have a ton of speed. I've been told by other coaches that I probably could have made a lot of division I teams, but since I play division III, I won't presume to be any better than that. I am my team's highest scorer and an assistant captain. Again, scaled down, but I would compare myself to Ryan Callahan with more offensive upside as well, and most likely Derek Roy is an even better fit than Havlat.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Wade Belak is that you:sarcasm:

Are you kidding me? If you want to make fun of a superstar like Belak and compare him to scrubs like Wayne Gretzky, Bobby Orr, and Gordie Howe go right ahead

But don't bring your diginity with you ;)

RandallRitchey

Formerly the Bergy Gif guy on Twitter
Jan 26, 2008
St. Louis
www.stlouisgametime.com
-Sean Avery pest skills
-Sweeping up the garbage i.e. rebound goals
-I always crash/screen the net
-Can't carry the puck because I for one am not the world's best skater or puck carrier.
-Loyal to my teammates, will drop the gloves w/o thought.
- I love getting under my rival's skin esp goalies
- My determination is infalliable, I'm in the game to win and have fun.
- Puck blocker although it depends who is shooting.

Sounds a lot like me except I'm not always in front of the net. I'm a decent skater who can't seem to score, but I have good hockey sence and I'm able to get the pass off for the goal.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
Louie Debrusk's skill
Shane Corson's temper
Eddie Belfour's bad habits
Tommy Salo's shot
Wayne Gretzky's eye color

I've got it all baby!!!:D

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
I'm another mid-late twenties beginner, started last fall in power skating, finally learning how to stop and skate backwards properly (going forward and crossovers I was already good at), and started in HNA's beginners intake program in February.

As for who I play like, I would compare myself to a ninja. My skill level is deceptive, apart from skating hard I don't look like I'll do much, but then I'll get off the shot, grab the rebound, or make the pass that ends up in the net. Just like when I first started playing college floor hockey, I'm not the most talented out there, but I know how to score. With the more experienced guys we brought in to fill holes for the summer league I'm probably only around 5th in terms of talent on my team, but I'm the leading scorer with 10-6-10-16, which ties me for 5th in scoring in the Grasshoppers Division.

So I guess in terms of current NHLers I'm some sort of cross between Vaclav Prospal and Tomas Holmstrom.
Holmstrom and Prospal are probably thrilled to be compared to a guy that is just learning to skate:laugh::laugh::laugh:...sorry man, I couldn't resist. Good luck with your hockey, best game there is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad