What player are you?

Nikita Filatov*

If you could compare your game to an NHLer or a combination of them, who would it be and why?

Mine would be a combo of:

Sean Avery's annoyance level
Alex Ovechkin's Moves
Marc Savard's Personality
Corey Perry's skating Skills
Nikolai Zherdev's wrist shot
Shawn thorton's fighting skills
Rick Nash's body
who ever has a very inconsistent slap shot(sometimes great, sometimes...ehh)

We'reGonnaWin*

I have the moves, skating and shot of a former midget player.

You have Ovechkin's moves?

Nikita Filatov*

Yes, i can do all of his moves...Not as smooth as him though.

nickerjones

Jun 29, 2008
Calgary Alberta
im the type of player that is just now trying to learn to skate at 26 years old because he married a canadian and she introduced and made him fall in love with the sport!!!

so i guess i would be like 3 or 4 year old kid they let skate out with the home team before every game that inevitabley falls :D

Opus

Boondoggle
Sep 5, 2006
im the type of player that is just now trying to learn to skate at 26 years old because he married a canadian and she introduced and made him fall in love with the sport!!!

so i guess i would be like 3 or 4 year old kid they let skate out with the home team before every game that inevitabley falls :D

I think a welcome is in order. To HFBoards, and more importantly...to the game of Hockey!!!

I'm that player that just wasn't good enought to make the big leagues.

I'm just me, and I love hockey. I play defense, I played as high as AAA and my passion for the game only grows.

Not to put you guy's down, but I don't feel worthy of mentioning my game with some of the worlds finest...*shrug*

Redden Hogalot*

This could be funny.

Pavel Datsyuk's Moves
Steve Yzerman's Personality
Ales Hemsky's skating Skills
Martin St. Louis' wrist shot
Pavel Datsyuk's body

I don't really annoy other players, and I don't fight.

the_speedster

Jul 7, 2007
If you could compare your game to an NHLer or a combination of them, who would it be and why?

Alex Ovechkin's Moves
Rick Nash's body

MEIN GOT why haven't you been drafted yet????????:sarcasm:

the_speedster

Jul 7, 2007

corey perry?:nod:

Analyzer*

I'd say I'm like a Higgins type.

Though, when I played, I did everything. Score goals, deke, set people up, back check, kill penalties, hit, fight (if need be, wasn't really big on it) All around player I guess?

MG91

Feb 1, 2008
Surrey, BC

Alex Ovechkin's Moves
Rick Nash's body

And you are not in the NHl because......

Super Sniper Cele

Aug 24, 2006
Pittsburgh
Crosby.

No, I'm not saying I'm as good as him, just that I play like him. Always try to see the play before it develops. Great passer, always knowing where teammates are and finding a way to get the puck to them. Still being able to score from wherever, even if I have to walk through a couple guys to do it. Protecting the puck using your legs. The ridiculously competitive drive and never wanting to lose at anything, ever.

SeanL44

Welcome to Hellbow
Apr 5, 2008
Philadelphia
Alright, let's see...

I have Aaron Ward's body type
Eric Lindros' inability to skate with my head up, hence 3 concussions in 2 seasons
Kimmo Timonen's wrist shot
Derian Hatcher's slow skating but high power
Mark Recchi's personality
Ovechkin's slapshot ability... as in I can shoot from anywhere while still moving in any direction

JFA87-66-99

Jun 12, 2007
USA
I model my game after Graham Drinkwater. No seriously I'm a pure playmaker. Excellent Vision, Excellent passing skills. Guys on my team know too keep there sticks down at all times because if they have a scoring oppurtunity I'll find them, and usually with perfect passes. I have a sick behind the back pass that I practised over many years and I use it almost every game. I like to turn my back to the play and make the other team think I'm gonna skate a different direction but I still know where all my teamates are or are going to be. And at that moment I'll throw a pass right into a scoring area. I like to think of myself as the quarterback of the team. I'm constantly thinking and creating offensive scoring chances.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Marc Savard's Playmaking
Sergei Samsonov's Stickhandling, & Skating (When he was good on the B's)
Brian Gionta's Frame (Only because I'm 15)
Patrice Bergeron's Moves
Kind of Avery/Good attitude, sometimes I'm a pest and very cocky, other times I'm not.

stick9

Aug 12, 2004

Alex Ovechkin's Moves
Rick Nash's body

What's your guess, early first round in your draft class... I'll be waiting to hear your name called in 2011.

Toonces

They should have kept Shjon Podein...
Feb 23, 2003
New Jersey
Another NHL comparison thread, alright.

A bigger version of Vinny Prospal with much less of a shot.

Alough to be even more brutally honest,

I skate like Dan Kordic
Have George Laraque's body (obvously much softer)
I hit like Jagr
I get hit like Sami Kapanen (being 6'3 doesn't help if you have no balance)
Alexandre Daigle's work ethic

I'm that good. :D

the_speedster

Jul 7, 2007
Crosby.

No, I'm not saying I'm as good as him, just that I play like him. Always try to see the play before it develops. Great passer, always knowing where teammates are and finding a way to get the puck to them. Still being able to score from wherever, even if I have to walk through a couple guys to do it. Protecting the puck using your legs. The ridiculously competitive drive and never wanting to lose at anything, ever.

hak! hak! cough!:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad