What player are you?

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary
My style is cross between Alex Kovalev and Ales Hemsky. I have a lot of moves and i'm always creative. But wow am I ever a lazy backchecker and totally indifferent to defense. But to my credit, I just started skating a couples months ago, so I'm still a newbie to hockey. You wouldn't know it though.

dav

Oct 26, 2007
I'm a defenceman, so I'd say:

Lidstrom's positioning
Kaberle's passing and handling
Mike Green's shot

my only downfall is:

Wellwood's conditioning

greyraven8

Dec 24, 2007
Thunder Bay, ON
as a defenceman i have daneyko's scoring abililty and his speed towards the end of his career; fortunately i have ludwig's willingness to block shots. i used to grind in the corners a lot, but have less energy and willingness to do so now. if i keep up the pace in my old age of adding on more pounds, i'm going to start looking like a krutov.

as a goalie i have irbe's stick handling ability, and a "style" that involves flopping around too much.

HighLifeManIsHigh

McDave is a loser lol
Feb 27, 2006
I try and play like Iginla.

-Good shot. I take a lot of wrist shots. Quick release, good accuracy. I don't take many slap shots, usually only when I play the point on the power play, I keep them low and along the ice.

-Good playmaking. I'm a shoot first kind of player, but I can make nice passes around the net.

-Good size. I don't throw bone crushing hits, but I hit a lot on the forecheck. I use my size to protect the puck in the corners and along the boards.

-Fairly decent skater. I don't have great acceleration but I can move pretty good. Really solid on my feet.

-Good on faceoffs.

-Decent stickhandling. I don't have a bag of tricks, but I don't have stone hands.

I don't excel in any area, but I don't have many holes in my game. I have good hockey sense so that helps.

I play Junior B, and that practically explains every player in my league for the most part.

Hamilton35

Jan 21, 2009
A mix of Ron Tugnutt, Tomas Vokoun, and Marty Turco. Turco was always my favourite, wierd considering I hate Michigan and love Michigan State.

Pretty much a small goalie but make up with it by being solid fundamentally. I also throw in the occasional unorthodox save or attempt of one. Cant stand pure butterfly blockers. try to play the puck similar to Turco, just get burnt more often.

yakitate304

Crunch Time
Oct 23, 2007
NY
Somewhere between John Madden and Pavel Datsyuk. I'm a defense-first center (I am a Devils fan, after all), but I have wheels and good hands and vision to create offensively. I'm not a big guy but I play with an edge and don't pass up the opportunity for a hit so long as it doesn't take me out of the play.

My original position was right wing. There, I'm comparable to a Gionta or a Parise in that I'm defensively responsible, gritty despite being on the small side, have the speed and hands to beat defensemen. But I like center more, because I excel at taking faceoffs and I enjoy the added defensive responsibility.

FutureConsiderations

Dec 29, 2005
Brookline, MA
Marc Savard's Playmaking
Sergei Samsonov's Stickhandling, & Skating (When he was good on the B's)
Brian Gionta's Frame (Only because I'm 15)
Patrice Bergeron's Moves
Kind of Avery/Good attitude, sometimes I'm a pest and very cocky, other times I'm not.

What? Deke, backhand, fivehole? :biglaugh:

Bergy's got all the skills and sensibility he needs to be an elite talent. But good Lord does he need a new shootout move.

Reminds me of how I was at 15. Now I'm 22 and I'm more of the Bergeron or Brown mold. So much changes from 15 on up.

howley

Jan 21, 2007
Hugh Jessiman because I never played in the NHL and in shinny everyone picked before and after me puts me to shame.

MG10

Nov 9, 2008
EDM
I only play recreationally; so, it's difficult to compare myself to an NHL player's game. Introspectively, though, I like to think that a lot of my game resembles Mike Modano. I skate a lot like him (not quite as fast, which goes without saying), I'm primarily pass-first like he is, I shoot like he does, but not nearly as hard (my shot is fairly accurate but piss-weak). Honestly, though, my friends could probably make a more accurate comparison than I could.

beardedgraf

Nov 4, 2008
Dallas
Imagine that somehow you are an NHL player, with YOUR current skill set. What would your rating be in a video game? A realistic rating. If you rate yourself anywhere above a 60, you're probably kidding yourself.

OracularSpectacular

Feb 4, 2009
I'd say I'm like a Dany Heatley no the greatest skater, but I can put the pucks in the net, and put up points. But, I'm more of a passer, rather then a shooter

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad