What player are you?

Sampe

Feb 27, 2002
Vantaa
Not sure, but I would probably remind a paralyzed Kimmo Timonen lying on the ice.

We would both have the same position, the same size and the same playing style. And we're both theoretically supposed to shoot left.

Backstrom #19

Trotz for president
May 12, 2007
Savannah Georgia
I always thought I played like Ovechkin or Iginla, but I had a friend of mine tape a game one time, and I noticed I play like a mix of Nicklas Backstrom and Alex Semin. My skating style looked exactly like Backstrom's and I was trying to deke around everybody like Semin, and the way I shoot the puck looks similar to Semin.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Holmstrom and Prospal are probably thrilled to be compared to a guy that is just learning to skate:laugh::laugh::laugh:...sorry man, I couldn't resist. Good luck with your hockey, best game there is.

Actually playing at a beginners level my skating is an asset for me. I skated plenty growing up, even used to live directly across from the skating rink in my small northern BC home town growing up. But it was only public skating, and while I was great going forwards or turning, I was the kid who just couldn't figure out how to stop for the life of me. Like the speedster kid in Might Ducks 2 :)

I've since overcome that problem and have also learned the finer points of backwards skating. Though for the latter, while technically I can do everything including backwards crossovers, I don't use it enough to be competent during game time.

flamebird

Jul 28, 2007
Huseliues' Inconsistency
Alfredsons Numbers 40-49-89
Smyth in front of the net & heart
All types of goals(breakaway,garbage,point shot/wrist shot)
Perry like pest
Brind'amours defensive skills
above average shot
Lombardi's Speed
Mike Fisher Aggresiveness
Nate Gerbe's size with an inch and less weight
Crafty but not on the level of a Connolly or Datsyuk

Sensfanman

Jan 27, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
Chris Kelly.

I can't do jack all offensively save for the occasional slick feed and a couple of crash the net goals. I usually end up with like 3 goals, 10 assists in 25ish games. But I am really good on the PK, well above my normal play. I dunno, maybe it's the extra space or the fact the other teams tend to take more time setting up allowing my lack of speed to be negated.

Regardless, I am a solid two way winger/center (I am good at faceoffs), who is fairly clutch and can put up around .5 PPG while killing penalties with aplomb.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Like a bad cross between Hull and Semin in the body of a St Louis. Scaled way back to a rec league level.

+ great shot (for the level)
+ takes a lot of shots
+ good stickhandler
+ competitive

- mediocre skater
- terrible endurance
- rarely passes
- easily discouraged

I've got a lot of work to do.

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
This thread is ****ing hilarious...

"Yea, I'm built like Thornton but would say I have Ovechkin's goal scoring ability..."

give me a break

Redden Hogalot*

"Yea, I'm built like Thornton but would say I have Ovechkin's goal scoring ability..."

give me a break

These are just similarities, they aren't real comparisons.

Backstrom #19

Trotz for president
May 12, 2007
Savannah Georgia

give me a break

It's not that hard to understand.

NHL players>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Everybody on this site.

We are comparing ourselves to who we play like. Nobody on here thinks they are as good as Ovechkin. If they do then they are ****ing idiots.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
It's not that hard to understand.

NHL players>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Everybody on this site.

We are comparing ourselves to who we play like. Nobody on here thinks they are as good as Ovechkin. If they do then they are ****ing idiots.

Actually it isn't that hard to understand. NHL players are merely a point of reference to the type of player in our own league. Look at the NHL draft, they compare Drew Doughty to Ray Bourque. Does that mean Doughty can step into the NHL and be as good as Bourque? While in part this is also a projection, scouts will always say this player plays like <insert good NHLer here>. Same thing in this thread... though of course there are people that get a little carried away :)

Alternatively if you'd like a proper 1:1 comparison, I could for example say I skate like Dave Andreychuk, fight like Wayne Gretzky, shoot like Brandon Reid, and stick handle like George Parros. Would that make a better thread?

Backstrom #19

Trotz for president
May 12, 2007
Savannah Georgia
Actually it isn't that hard to understand. NHL players are merely a point of reference to the type of player in our own league. Look at the NHL draft, they compare Drew Doughty to Ray Bourque. Does that mean Doughty can step into the NHL and be as good as Bourque? While in part this is also a projection, scouts will always say this player plays like <insert good NHLer here>. Same thing in this thread... though of course there are people that get a little carried away :)

Alternatively if you'd like a proper 1:1 comparison, I could for example say I skate like Dave Andreychuk, fight like Wayne Gretzky, shoot like Brandon Reid, and stick handle like George Parros. Would that make a better thread?

You explained it in a much more mature way then I did.;)

HabsMarc

Aug 8, 2008
Quebec City
+Good offense/defense and defense/offense transition game
+Good passing abilities
+Above average slap shot
+Good use of my size
+Really strong in corners and on my skates

-Skating accelaration could be improved
-Concistency problems
-Not a clutch performer
-Defensive cramps in my own zone from time to time

BadHammy*

Marc Savard mixed with Jere Lethinen.

Pros:
Good passer
Good stick handler
Good speed
Good in the neutral zone/defensively and faceoffs
Good backhander

Cons:
Can't finish plays well
Gets frustrated easily
Inconsistent slap shot and wrist shot accuracy

jsak19

Mar 11, 2009
I'm the king of the king.
-Dion Phaneuf's elbow
-Ian White's mustache
-Georges Laraque's dick
-Alexandre Daigle's COCKiness
-Ray Emery's temper
-Tomas Holmstrom's ass
-Alex Semin's fighting skills
-Jaromir Jagr's mullet
-Boogard's wrist shot
-Dustin Penner's speed
and top it all up
-Sean Avery's sloppy second's body

hsing

Jan 10, 2008
For me, it looks like:

++ passing game
+wrist shot
+skate speed and acceleration
+defensive awareness
+up head play in general

-slap shot
-skating agility
-grinding play
-deking

From what i see of see, i look like the most to thomas plekanec when I carry the puck and the way i play defense.

Gunnar Stahl 30

...In The World!
Dec 9, 2006
Marty's Better
as a goalie

martin brodeur. atleast i try to be

as a skater

im not sure

im a very defensive forward, i have a bad snap/wrist shot and a decent slap shot. im very good positionally and have alot of hockey sense and sense of whats going on but im far from a sidney crosby. in other words i cant really create my own offense

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad