What NHL arenas have the best and worst concessions?

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
An arena serving RC Cola is horrifying to me.
I cannot begin to fathom why PPG (at the time Consol Energy Center) would agree to an exclusive contract with f***ing RC Cola. Maybe they're trying to spur beer sales??? idk, lol it makes no sense to me.

Aside from this issue, the food at PPG Paints arena is incredible. Nakama Japanese steakhouse is great, and of course Primanti sandwiches are always a win, too.

Canad13ns

Nov 6, 2018
The Bell Centre in Montreal are really pathetic
Nothing great to offer, hot dogs and Pizza that have been ready for hours before the game
And we won't even talk about his crap beer for an owner who is in that business and should know his stuff!!!!
That matches my experience: I had an inedible hotdog, and old, cold popcorn. I've seen TV promotions for good food at Canadiens games but I couldn't find it. To me what they have is bowling alley food.

sk8ersublime

Oct 27, 2009
I’ve been to all of the NHL and MLB barns on the West Coast and Southwest (Alberta excluded). And the worst I’ve seen of all of those plus the east coast now is the Washington Capitals arena (Capital One Arena).

WORST. FOOD. EVER.

Summation - Crappy Bread, crappy bread, beer, crappy bread, crappy bread, crappy bread and Dunkin’ Donuts.

They may have a championship team but their food selection is dog ****. No, dog **** tastes better than the food they offer there.

Go across town to the Nats ball park, one of the best in all of pro sports.

I agree with this. I remember when I was going to games when the arena first opened (MCI center) it wasnt too bad. At one point in time you could bring in food from the surrounding restaurants too (McDs, Chipotle, Fuddruckers, etc). Its gone down hill over the years, and the prices are insane. I think beers are like $14 this season. 2 cold chicken tender baskets and 2 cokes will run you $30 easy.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
food in the rink in ottawa sucked a few years back. people rightly bitched about it. they did a lot to improve things. you can get your shitty pice of pizza and go all the way up from there. great food options.

but...it's an arena. nothings cheap.

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
I've been to two stadiums my entire hockey watching life time. Ponda and the Shark Tank. Never had food at Honda center before so I can't say. But I had concessions at the Shark tank for the first time yesterday.

Selection is pretty good, Ike's sandwiches, Nick the Greek (Gyros), Pizza, Burgers, Chicken, Iguana's Burritos, and Panda Express. However.....

A gyro and fries is $20. What the f***. The Gyro was good, but from now on I think I'll eat before going to the game if everything is that f***ing expensive.

Last edited:

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
food in the rink in ottawa sucked a few years back. people rightly *****ed about it. they did a lot to improve things. you can get your ****ty pice of pizza and go all the way up from there. great food options.

but...it's an arena. nothings cheap.

ya love the smokehouse food at Sens games.

Reactions: JD1

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Buffalo.. expensive as ****, food was just OK.. I spent over $35 for 3 beers.. I could have drank 30+ beers at home for that price.
The mark-up on concessions is enough alone to keep me away from most events...Then you add parking, the ticket, the fees on said ticket...It's why I'd rather stay home.

Reactions: Fearnot

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
I've been to two stadiums my entire hockey watching life time. Ponda and the Shark Tank. Never had food at Honda center before so I can't say. But I had concessions at the Shark tank for the first time yesterday.

Selection is pretty good, Ike's sandwiches, Nick the Greek (Gyros), Pizza, Burgers, Chicken, Iguana's Burritos, and Panda Express. However.....

A gyro and fries is $20. What the ****. The Gyro was good, but from now on I think I'll eat before going to the game if everything is that ****ing expensive.
My advice...Prepare your favorite pasta with meat, and sauce...Place it in a 2 gallon ziplock bag...'Sneak' it into the event...Bring disposable eating utensils.

Mangiamo!

Reactions: BaileyMacTavish

Wolf357

Jul 16, 2011
The Excel Energy Center in Minnesota has superb consessions...
BellMTScenter inWinnipeg has improved immensely... but the thing that BellMTS has that no where else has...JetsDog Footlong hot dog on a garlic grilled bun with perogie bits bacon and caramilized onions....Spectacular!

Hogan86

Jun 21, 2016
Can arenas prevent u from entering if u bring ur own food?
I think so. Or they will at least make your throw it out.

That being said, my buddy and I made it into Canadian Tire Centre in Ottawa with 4 junior bacons from Wendy's and 6 tall boys of beer, undetected. Which was fantastic. Didnt have to leave our seats once.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
The Jumbo Jet Dogs in Winnipeg are pretty good.

Wash it down with a $10 beer.
lol

IMG_8186.jpg

Reactions: Dovahkiin

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Can arenas prevent u from entering if u bring ur own food?

Policies vary but most don't allow. SAP Center is one I'm aware of that allows food for hockey games. Maybe a medical condition requiring special diet could get you exempted otherwise.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
The Excel Energy Center in Minnesota has superb consessions...
BellMTScenter inWinnipeg has improved immensely... but the thing that BellMTS has that no where else has...JetsDog Footlong hot dog on a garlic grilled bun with perogie bits bacon and caramilized onions....Spectacular!

That are horribly overpriced even for a sports venue.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Only ever been to two arenas and will say this bell centre has great concession across the board. But I also remember having a roast beef sandwich(think it was prime rib) at a leafs game that was delicious.

Last edited:

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
That matches my experience: I had an inedible hotdog, and old, cold popcorn. I've seen TV promotions for good food at Canadiens games but I couldn't find it. To me what they have is bowling alley food.
Don't eat there, get over to the Main Deli after the game instead. Trust me on this one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad