What NHL arenas have the best and worst concessions?

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
In buffalo they should try catering to Canadian fans. It just makes business sense. If you were in Dallas I’d think otherwise. But buffalo is right at the border. Should expect to deal with your weird money ;)
Do Canadian businesses at the border accept US dollars?

brock0791

Jul 2, 2015
Worked in the industry for a while... almost all stadiums will control the booze and the generic hotdog/pretzel/popcorn big stands which are generally somewhat all the same.

The arenas and stadiums that are special are the ones that lease kiosks to outside vendors so you can get a taste of local flavor...like being able to get a Schwartz's sammy in MTL or whatever the famous taco truck in LA is in the arena, pizza in Brooklyn etc

Last edited:

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I rarely eat at the arena because you're in the middle of New York City. You can eat for much cheaper after the game.

MSG has pizza across the street and Barclays has wings down the block.
Forget crossing the street there's a f***ing pizza place under the arena. :laugh:

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
How much is a pizza and 2 beers? $80? Lol
In Penn Station probably like $15. I never usually get any food inside MSG except occasionally fries, but the 16oz Heinekens are like $12, I think the Budweisers are the same but come in 24oz. Mostly I just stop at the sacrilegious $1/slice place on the way to MSG coming from Port Authority and get a beer at he game. :laugh:

cliffclaven

Nov 29, 2018
In Penn Station probably like $15. I never usually get any food inside MSG except occasionally fries, but the 16oz Heinekens are like $12, I think the Budweisers are the same but come in 24oz. Mostly I just stop at the sacrilegious $1/slice place on the way to MSG coming from Port Authority and get a beer at he game. :laugh:
$12 beers, $100+ tickets, $25 parking, what a great deal, lol.

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
Ponda has RC too, thought we were the only ones.

I'm thinking they get a neighbor discount since the factory is just on the other side of the river.

CPK is way over priced, 19 bucks for a freaking pizza? Wahoo's is the same.

All the food that comes out of the cafeteria place looks great. Sandwiches on the Club level always look good. I haven't tried it, but the Mexican food concession up top always smells great.

Last edited:

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
SAP Center has a good variety of stuff, but the carved Turkey sandwich from the carvery is the best hands down. Nobody else makes a sandwich like that except maybe Harry's Hofbrau.

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
I read that as best concussions at first, damn I’m tired.

Only been to Florida and Tampa, must say Florida definitely seemed the better one I must say.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Seeing as I can only drink cider and eat pop corn at arena's thanks to my allergies and food restrictions, some how I'm not as bothered.

Although that recent study or whatever, Dallas' arena is one to avoid for any and all food.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
When I was in Boston I laughed that they had Clam Chowder on the menu.

Quickly corrected by a bystander....

"You haven't had good clam chowdah, until you've tried it from TD gah-den!"

So they got that goin for em.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
There is a rule for sauna: Dont ever drink an alcohol druring the process.

Lol. Then that is the rule which has been continuously broken already over untold centuries.

Yep. Sometimes there happen fatalities, but such is the life, and without booze, tar (medical Tilia cordata ash-stuff) and sauna, a disease is lethal anyway, like old Finnish proverb firmly and repeatedly declares.

When a hired midwife was called to do her business, the place of occupation was sauna, and very often her price was paid with vodka/moonshine. New mother was also likely medicated with adequate doze of booze.

Rather big proportion of Finnish sauna enthusiasts do use alcohol, and some even go to icy lake routinely from a sauna when drunken. Everyone of them know potential health risks, that seems to me at least partially over-exaggerated and mythologized by people who A) Doesn't use alcohol, B) Doesn't go sauna, C) Who think 100 degrees Celcius sauna is someway particularly hot.

But that's all off-topic/only tangentially relevant.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
An arena serving RC Cola is horrifying to me.
I cannot begin to fathom why PPG (at the time Consol Energy Center) would agree to an exclusive contract with f***ing RC Cola. Maybe they're trying to spur beer sales??? idk, lol it makes no sense to me.

Aside from this issue, the food at PPG Paints arena is incredible. Nakama Japanese steakhouse is great, and of course Primanti sandwiches are always a win, too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad