What NHL arenas have the best and worst concessions?

glendroid

Mar 17, 2009
Dude, same. The concessions at Rogers Arena are a bit on the pricey side but w/e, the location is fantastic for food and drink options(and just fantastic in general). If I'm not hitting up the Costco, I'm either at the Pint or Uncle Fatih's.

So confusing with all the "Rogers" branded arenas in Canada haha...

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
That Rogers Arena food has me considering marrying my cousin who lives in Edmonton just to be able to go to try out the food.

But maybe it's just the hunger and dry streak talking.

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
Why do two companies basically sponsor all the drinks in this country? :laugh:
pnMMj.jpg

(image is outdated by a few years at least and is for the US version of those brands)

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
The Scotteade Center used to have the best chicken strips this side of the Mississippuh. Buuuut they changed vendors and became gross. Too much breading. And now they are the Enterprise Center and the chicken strips still suck.

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
The words Best and Concessions in regards to food should never be used together. No wonder why people are 300lbs and think it's perfectly fine. At least have a disclaimer for the Children! :eek:

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
If you ever visit the Pepsi center only buy prepackaged food from any concession that has the word "Fan" in it's name. Or you'll end up paying 15 bucks for a dehydrated small hamburger that's smaller than a dollar menu item at a fast food joint.

PuckItUp27

Sep 26, 2017
Barclays Center and MSG are pretty bad and overpriced. Beer selection at Barclay Center is HORRIBLE .

Nassau Coliseum has better food and beer selection than both and better prices. (Smokin Als, Cabo, Vincents, Roast Sandwich House) and a lot of LI craft beers.

I don't buy beer in arenas tho because it's a complete ripoff. You can get a double shot of whiskey at Nassau for $18 or same thing at Barclay for $28 (LOL).

Prudential Center definitely has the best options for the Metro NY area arenas. Love the Devil fries there.(I think that's their name) NJ is also the only arena I have ever been to that gave me a free beer b/c it was my birthday

My favorite overall that I have been to is either Philly or Nashville for food/drinks.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The newer the venue and the bigger the market, the more likely to have good concessions. As bad as Barclays is for watching hockey in half the arena..... the concessions are top notch, possibly some of the best in the entire league.

Dining and Clubs | Barclays Center

About a minute in...

The video says the food is good, but check out the guy's face in the thumbnail. Looks like he's just been poisoned. :laugh:

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I rarely eat at the arena because you're in the middle of New York City. You can eat for much cheaper after the game.

MSG has pizza across the street and Barclays has wings down the block.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Not sure if they’ve improved or not but I brought Canadian money to Buffalo one night and I’m real positive Joe vender guy made up the exchange in his head. Actually no. He absolutely did.

I was hungry so didn’t really care to argue. But was irritated when I tried to give him a twoonie and he told me they don’t accept those there.

Like really dude? The 200% exchange rate wasn’t *****ey enough?

Not really related to this, but bringing up the whole Canadian vs. American thing.

When I was at Little Cesar's Arena I used apple pay and had a crowd of astonished Americans and vendors around me asking what I just did.

Apparently tap in general isnt common in the US (Michigan?), never mind using your phone to do it.

tgo0

Aug 28, 2007
Winnipeg
I'd say Winnipeg's are pretty average. A decent selection of overpriced ($10) beers and the only food item to write home about is the Jets dog, an 18 inch dog, butter soaked toasted bun (very legit) and a variety of toppings (nacho cheese, pierogi pieces, chilli, bacon, grilled onions).

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I'd say Winnipeg's are pretty average. A decent selection of overpriced ($10) beers and the only food item to write home about is the Jets dog, an 18 inch dog, butter soaked toasted bun (very legit) and a variety of toppings (nacho cheese, pierogi pieces, chilli, bacon, grilled onions).
This sounds delightful

PuckItUp27

Sep 26, 2017

TIL 10$ is overpriced for beer at an arena. Consider yourself lucky for $10 beers!

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
I used to think Nashville's arena food was good a few years ago, but recently, the quality has really taken a dive.

I was impressed by Ottawa's when I was up there last season for what it's worth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad