What NHL arenas have the best and worst concessions?

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Can't really speak for a lot because I think you have to go regularly to really understand what is there. So I'll speak for Pittsburgh:

+ Threw in some downtown restaurants (The Yard, Tako, Burgatory, and Meat & Potatoes) into the arena. Great choice.
+ Threw in some microbrews into the arena.
+ Solid bar choices in club section. You can pretty much get custom made drinks. Very nice.

- The traditional arena food is beyond average.
- RC Cola is the f***ing soda in the arena. Brutal. Luckily not a pop drinker.
- Prices (i'm assuming for every arena) are brutal.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Can't really speak for a lot because I think you have to go regularly to really understand what is there. So I'll speak for Pittsburgh:

+ Threw in some downtown restaurants (The Yard, Tako, Burgatory, and Meat & Potatoes) into the arena. Great choice.
+ Threw in some microbrews into the arena.
+ Solid bar choices in club section. You can pretty much get custom made drinks. Very nice.

- The traditional arena food is beyond average.
- RC Cola is the ****ing soda in the arena. Brutal. Luckily not a pop drinker.
- Prices (i'm assuming for every arena) are brutal.
Ponda has RC too, thought we were the only ones.

Reactions: Cellee

Apr 9, 2009
USA
PPG Paints Arena has RC Cola products.

I know someone already mentioned it, but damn come on now.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
The lightning have PDQ for me and poutin for my brother haha. Very good concessions at the Amalie imo. I’ve been to the Bb&T center twice and I think their concessions are fine. Went to ACC once but can’t rly comment on their concessions.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Not sure if they’ve improved or not but I brought Canadian money to Buffalo one night and I’m real positive Joe vender guy made up the exchange in his head. Actually no. He absolutely did.

I was hungry so didn’t really care to argue. But was irritated when I tried to give him a twoonie and he told me they don’t accept those there.

Like really dude? The 200% exchange rate wasn’t douchey enough?

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Not sure if they’ve improved or not but I brought Canadian money to Buffalo one night and I’m real positive Joe vender guy made up the exchange in his head. Actually no. He absolutely did.

I was hungry so didn’t really care to argue. But was irritated when I tried to give him a twoonie and he told me they don’t accept those there.

Like really dude? The 200% exchange rate wasn’t *****ey enough?
You're mad the vendor did not take foreign currency or do on the spot accurate currency conversion?

I can't really blame him.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I’ve never left an arena/stadium thinking wow, that was some good food.

I think PPG is probably average around the league.

Reactions: haveandare

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Stopped going to Honda two years ago.....parking too expensive (for me).
Food expensive and terrible.

I’m kinda financially against it, so not going to overspend for crap

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Why do two companies basically sponsor all the arenas in this country? :laugh:

Last edited:

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
You're mad the vendor did not take foreign currency or do on the spot accurate currency conversion?

I can't really blame him.
KBA and lots of places in Buffalo accept Canadian dollars (usually at 20% less than USD which is what it is at the Key). I went to a Niagara basketball game and the Tims in the student center accepted my leftover twonies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad