What moves would you make this summer?

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
buying out amac makes no sense. Fletch should have the balls to tell AV and Amac that they are putting him in LHV for his last yr, and that he has 0.0% chance of making the team out of camp. dont even have him with the "NHL" group in training camp. You can give Amac agent permission to find a trade partner at 50%, if he wants.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
It does make some sense. You save real money, you free up almost $4m in space in 19-20 to potentially make some big moves, and the cap penalty in 20-21 will be under $2m.

The Flyers have moved on from a bunch of guys this season. Hextall, Hak, Weal, Weise, Neuvirth, Lehtera, Stolarz, Simmonds and likely Ellliott. MacDonald should be added to that list. They already have an overpaid veteran for the AHL in Schlemko.

Last edited:

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Cap is projected to be 83 million. 47 million is allocated under contract. Philadelphia Flyers 2019 Salary Cap Between Hartman, Provorov and Konecky say another 15 million 21 million under. We need a backup goalie and I don't trust Talbot a bit. If I trusted Elliott to be healthy I'd pay 2m for the backup spot. Kinkaid doesn't wow me either. How about McElhinney for 1 year and hope youngsters ready in 20-21. Backup goalie are ugly and can't see a Varmalov type coming in to backup at reasonable rate. So I can see one major addition and one depth addition we can make. So I'll go Duchene for 2c and Tanev for 4th line. EK I ain't paying 6-7 years. You are eating 3 years if that is the case. Hayes can't play in playoffs. If Ghost plus say Ratcliffe gets you a legit 2ish defensemen I am all ears. Panarin I would be shocked if he isn't in Florida. Skinner as a fall back I wouldn't get mad at.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Buyout Amac. Resign all RFAs.

Resign Talbot.

Sign Karlsson.

Trade for an established but still youngish 2C with some favorable term. Someone like RNH. Use 11th overall as a base.

Giroux-Couturier-Voracek
JVR-RNH-TK
Lindblom-Patrick-Frost/Farabee
Raffl-Laughton-Hartman

Provy-Karlsson
Sanheim-Gudas
Ghost-Myers

Hart
Talbot

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Go all out on Panarin. If that fails we see who makes the team out of Frost/Farabee/Ratcliff.

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
trouba and karlsson because if we are looking at teams that have advanced, they are loaded with d, the flyers have to do the same, if they want to get a center, i would for a cheap 2nd line in fa or on a rookie deal like rnh.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
With the flyers playing in Prague next year to open the season I don’t see them trading Voracek.

I believe the NHL would reach out and see what the plans were in the offseason. I know we have Gudas still but Voracek is one of the biggest stars in the league from the country.

I believe the goal is to weed out the players the team finds disposable ( I feel like the think ghost might be in the group). Take a run with our group this year with a new GM and new coach. If the result is similar to this year, we start to trim core players. Voracek would be one player who would be an option.

With all due respect, the NHL did not reach out and say, 'hey, we're planning to start you in Prague, can you confirm you're not trading Voracek.' It's laughable to even suggest it.

If Chuckles turns down a deal for Voracek or Gudas because they are opening in Prague, he should be fired immediately, or just fold the whole friggin' franchise. No one cares about Prague, or whether we have any Czech players. The games will sell out because of the novelty, even it we had a team full of Finns.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Why is that laughable to even suggest that when we have one of the most prominent players from their country? That’s what a smart business would do. Voracek playing in front of his home country brings more importance to the game.

I don’t think that’s such a crazy idea.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
We're not talking a major world market that is key to the expansion of the NHL brand (and TV rights).

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
With all due respect, the NHL did not reach out and say, 'hey, we're planning to start you in Prague, can you confirm you're not trading Voracek.' It's laughable to even suggest it.

If Chuckles turns down a deal for Voracek or Gudas because they are opening in Prague, he should be fired immediately, or just fold the whole friggin' franchise. No one cares about Prague, or whether we have any Czech players. The games will sell out because of the novelty, even it we had a team full of Finns.

We care about Prague, of course, just not this game. @kudymen you can breathe more easily - we care.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
We care about Prague, of course, just not this game. @kudymen you can breathe more easily - we care.

Ok but I am going to watch this thread very cautiously

tumblr_m4h8mvBK8K1rwcc6bo1_250.gif

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
Additions:

Brock Nelson
Brett Connolly
Curtis McElhinney

Subtractions:

Robert Hagg
Andrew MacDonald

I don't make a trade or sign a free agent defenseman. Everything in house is perfectly fine. Just a good coach that can maximize the group is all that's needed.

rinaldo

Ignored Mmber
Apr 7, 2019
We need an A-hole. Our team is too damn nice.
been easy to play against for way too many years now. Zack Kassian was available for next to nothing, not sure he is anymore. He would be a good fit. While unlikely to be available Evander Kane.

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
been easy to play against for way too many years now. Zack Kassian was available for next to nothing, not sure he is anymore. He would be a good fit. While unlikely to be available Evander Kane.

Did Maroon sign a one year deal?
There is alway the internal option....Ghoul! Remember that shift that he had?!

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
Trade for Koivu or Carter. Trade for Trouba.
Sign Talbot. Maybe sign Maroon.

Giroux Coots TK
JVR Koivu/Carter Voracek
Linblom Patrick Maroon/Farabee
Hartman Laughton Raffl

Sanheim Trouba
Provy Ghost
Morin Myers

Hart
Talbot

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Defenseman to take off pressure away from Provorov and let veteran play some tough minutes.
a scoring forward would be nice, preferable a center.
PKer because I cannot watch this anymore..

Trouba and Duchene
this would be insane.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheKingPin

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Additions:

Brock Nelson
Brett Connolly
Curtis McElhinney

Subtractions:

Robert Hagg
Andrew MacDonald

I don't make a trade or sign a free agent defenseman. Everything in house is perfectly fine. Just a good coach that can maximize the group is all that's needed.

giphy-3.gif

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario

What's wrong with Nelson and Connolly? The Flyers need a center that can eventually move to the wing and they need a third line right winger. Nelson is a center that can play wing and can fill the 2C role until Patrick is ready or Frost is ready to fill that spot. Connolly is a good third line right winger. It's clear that NAK is probably not going to get a chance in Philadelphia, so why not grab the 22 goal guy who scored 21 of those goals at even strength?

The only one I had to think about was McElhinney, but the other goaltenders available through free agency leave a lot to be desired. I'd love to grab Lehner from Long Island, but he's probably going to get a new contract from the Islanders and it's going to be in the 4 to 5 million a year range - that's starter money and that means having Hart in a back up role. I just can't see Fletcher doing that.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
What's wrong with Nelson and Connolly? The Flyers need a center that can eventually move to the wing and they need a third line right winger. Nelson is a center that can play wing and can fill the 2C role until Patrick is ready or Frost is ready to fill that spot. Connolly is a good third line right winger. It's clear that NAK is probably not going to get a chance in Philadelphia, so why not grab the 22 goal guy who scored 21 of those goals at even strength?

The only one I had to think about was McElhinney, but the other goaltenders available through free agency leave a lot to be desired. I'd love to grab Lehner from Long Island, but he's probably going to get a new contract from the Islanders and it's going to be in the 4 to 5 million a year range - that's starter money and that means having Hart in a back up role. I just can't see Fletcher doing that.
Because it makes no sense to spend 4-6 million on depth players AND give them term, when we do have the replacements in house within 1 year.

I personally want a stopgap F who can play C. But we don't need to spend that money on guys with term, unless they are elite...like a Panarin. Afterall, we "could" have those holes filled already by Patrick, Frost and Farabee. Having a backup plan is smart. But that plan should not be signing 2 guys coming off career years to long term deals.

Connolly had 3 straight years of 25-27 points....this year 46.
Nelson 4 straight years of 35-45 points....this year 53.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad