What moves would you make this summer?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
What if we could get Risto for the 1st + Amac + depth D prospect..

I know he isn't a defensive gem, but as a relatively sheltered 2nd pair w/ RH shot you still think he wouldn't strengthen the lineup?

No. And there is no way I'm trading a 1st for him, much less #11.
I'd play Myers over him right now, as well as Gudas.
So what do you give for a physically imposing, but defensively deficient, 3rd pair RHD making $5+M a year for the next 4 years?

Travis Yost's Sabre Metrics: Why it's time to trade Rasmus Ristolanien

Remember, Provorov has played on weak teams, carried a similar load, and has far, far superior metrics.
xGA/60
RR, .034, .091, .065, .091
Provorov -.156, -.112, .012
Provorov's "bad" year on defensive is far superior than anything Risto has done the last four years.

46zone

Pass me the soft pretzels
Feb 5, 2007
Philadelphia
Trading Voracek for a 2C is robbing Peter to pay Paul. That 2C is unlikely to match Voracek's production and then there's a new hole to fill.

Getting a top pairing D should be the top priority, and I'd be fine with sending a fairly significant package for any one of Spurgeon, Subban, or Trouba. Obviously if Karlsson makes it to the open market Fletcher should let him name his price.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
If they really want to trade Jake, and right now I am unconvinced that they do I dont think starting the season in Prague is going to deter them from doing so. Same goes for Gudas.
I don’t think that would stop them but I’ve said this before I believe the NHL most likely ( you would think a corporation would) do their due diligence for the game and the teams playing based on what the flyers said to them about retaining their prominent players who are from the country.

I think this was all done before the announcements and all. So my theory which makes sense is that they know what they are thinking at least with Voracek.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
There was something wrong in that locker room this season. All too often bad play happened and seemed to be tolerated. There were two stretches when the Flyers laid down. The first one was on the west coast trip after Hextall was fired and ended when Hakstol was let go. The second one was under Gordon at the end of the season. It doesn't matter if there is stuff going on in the management area. Good players play hard all of the time. Professional pride steps in and doesn't allow what happened during those two streaks of poor play to go on. Since it happened under both Hakstol and Gordon, it doesn't make sense to see if it will happen again under AV. There are some guys who contributed or allowed it to happen and need to go to clear up things.

Freddy The Fog

Don't live in the fast lane. Live on the off ramp
Aug 3, 2005
Something wrong in the locker room, something wrong with coaching staff, something wrong with senior management. If Kate is gone due to singing songs in a different era and time and not given the benefit of learning and changing with the times then FU management.

Organization is completely f’d.

Fits right in with the PC logic.

Reactions: lancer247

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
Swing for the fences...

11OA + Hagg + Hartman for Doughty
Sign Brock Nelson
Trade Gudas for pick
Pick for Frolik

Giroux Coots Voracek
JVR Nelson Farabee
Linblom Patrick TK
Frolik Laughton Raffl

Sanhiem Doughty
Provy Ghost
Morin Myers

Hart
Talbot

Reactions: NYCFlyer

rinaldo

Ignored Mmber
Apr 7, 2019
I loook to move ghost and jake. Now that being said I do not give them away by any means. Cant bring back the same team imo as you need changes.

Please try to establish some type of team identify. I prefer the isles view but at least do something and don't just dump your last 3 guys on that line to hope it works.

No idea why raffle was resigned to a 2 year deal.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
AV sounds like he's sort of the anti-Trotz, we're not going to be built around defense and limiting HDSC.

I think he wants speed, but not the kind of score first, defense as an afterthought type players.
He'll love Frost and Farabee, and both have a shot of making the team this fall due to their skill set and hockey IQ.

No idea how AV will view Voracek, Ghost and TK after he watches the film.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Swing for the fences...

11OA + Hagg + Hartman for Doughty
Sign Brock Nelson
Trade Gudas for pick
Pick for Frolik

Giroux Coots Voracek
JVR Nelson Farabee
Linblom Patrick TK
Frolik Laughton Raffl

Sanhiem Doughty
Provy Ghost
Morin Myers

Hart
Talbot

Hagg + Hartman have little to no value in a deal for Doughty.

Any move for Doughty is going to have to include 11th overall + one of Ghost, Sanheim, or Myers.

Also, signing Brock Nelson to a 4-5 year deal is an awful idea.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
AV sounds like he's sort of the anti-Trotz, we're not going to be built around defense and limiting HDSC.

I think he wants speed, but not the kind of score first, defense as an afterthought type players.
He'll love Frost and Farabee, and both have a shot of making the team this fall due to their skill set and hockey IQ.

No idea how AV will view Voracek, Ghost and TK after he watches the film.
If Voracek gorges on his mom's food this summer or crashes his car again...he's certainly gone.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
AV and Fletcher will move out the guys AV doesn't think fit his scheme or he doesn't feel are coachable.

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
all i know is we need some experienced dman and a center, we fletch does that, we'll be in good shape.

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
So happy that the move the Flyer's brass did over the weekend just saved me some money cause by those two moves I will never go to another game and will never buy any of their merchandise.

I love hockey and will always want my home team to win but I already told my buddy I am done buying from his season tix package. Also, will not buy any gear.
Oops, wrong thread.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

Alex K

Apr 20, 2016
Earth
I would do these moves this summer

977bf1e0-fb9f-439a-b8ad-b4eb65cfdfc5.gif

929cc1dd-f0fe-49d5-b2b7-18101d48074a.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad