Speculation: What moves could McPhee try, if he is looking to make them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9

If NYR flips Brodie to VGK that would be outstanding. Then trade Miller to recoup the assets.

Not sure if we have the right kind of D to allow Brodie to look decent... he is probably an improvement over what we have, but I know he's looked awful without Gio on his other side.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
I am really curious if there can be moves in both directions. Get a few value adds for the playoffs but sell really high on a guy like Miller. Play the market for best for this year and the future.

You would hope this is the thinking. Smart GM is thinking to himself what's the weakest link on my team as much as who can I add that is a plus player. Getting a better third liner or third pair guy can often prove to most valuable because playoff teams figure out how to exploit weak links. Not to say Miller is a weak link, but if your getting Brannstrom soon enough and have enough D to get you through this season now its the time to do a real hockey trade and get some assets for him. If that's not in the cards, trade off excess for excess, a guy who can do something your players can't do well, such as a third winger who has speed for Carpenter who's skills are already around in other roster players. Moves like that would show GMGM is making good moves and is not reaching.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Knowing Dorion though, his ask will for some reason be something high like Glass or Brännström, eventually settling for B prospects from another team.

Its Mark f***ing Stone. I would give up mostly anything besides Glass as long as it came with an extension. Yes I am biased considering I am also a Sens fan.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Its Mark ****ing Stone. I would give up mostly anything besides Glass as long as it came with an extension. Yes I am biased considering I am also a Sens fan.
He could be Erik f***ing Karlsson with more term left on his contract and still wouldn't be getting Brännström.

I'd give up much for Stone, but Glass & Brännström are untouchable, and you could argue Hague is too. Also, considering what Sens got for EK with more term any of those 3 is too much. If the EK trade is anything to go by then Dorion won't lower his price for Vegas, and then he'll bend over for another team.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
No room for additions without a subtraction off the roster as Carrier still not placed on IR. Is he not eligible?

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
No room for additions without a subtraction off the roster as Carrier still not placed on IR. Is he not eligible?
Vegas usually waits until the roster spot is needed before putting a guy on IR. So if we do make a trade expect him to go to IR the moment it happens unless we trade roster players.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Im not HFBoards savvy, but Friedman said Vegas is back in for Stone.

Looking as how Tuch can drive his own line, and Stone can drive his own line, that allows the team to keep the Karlsson-March-Smith in tact and see if they can find any of the gusto they had last year.

Mark Stone is a perfect fit on this team. He could complete the Patches-Stastny line and make that the best second line in hockey (off the top of my head) or even allow the team to roll out 3 complete, all situation lines if he was down with Eakin.

He is excellent at getting the best out of prospects, and turning grinders into offensive threats. He has had a huge impact on Tkachuk and Colin White's success this year, and would be the perfect mentor for Glass to break in to the league with next year.

He is a leader, and if he signed for 6-8 years, captain material. I'd give it to him next year no doubt about it.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
giphy.gif

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Im not HFBoards savvy, but Friedman said Vegas is back in for Stone.

Looking as how Tuch can drive his own line, and Stone can drive his own line, that allows the team to keep the Karlsson-March-Smith in tact and see if they can find any of the gusto they had last year.

Mark Stone is a perfect fit on this team. He could complete the Patches-Stastny line and make that the best second line in hockey (off the top of my head) or even allow the team to roll out 3 complete, all situation lines if he was down with Eakin.

He is excellent at getting the best out of prospects, and turning grinders into offensive threats. He has had a huge impact on Tkachuk and Colin White's success this year, and would be the perfect mentor for Glass to break in to the league with next year.

He is a leader, and if he signed for 6-8 years, captain material. I'd give it to him next year no doubt about it.
Yeah I'm willing to bet we don't get Stone without Glass or Brannstrom or both.

Huge pass and I'd really like to avoid watching McPhee gut this team's future any further.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

And yet the first tweet I wake up to is that Vegas is still in the mix. Well hopefully I can get mentally prepared for the outrage I'm gonna experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad