Speculation: What moves could McPhee try, if he is looking to make them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knightmare

VGK fan since the 70’s
Jun 15, 2018
Las Vegas

No need to panic

giphy.gif

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Everyone thats getting traded this time of year is out with an "illness" as teams cant risk injury if theres a deal in principle.

Brannstrom + 1st + 2nd + plug roster player (

for

Stone (re-signed 8x9)

Pacioretty-Stastny-Stone

Stone would be absolutely dynamite with Patches. In 2-3 years replace Stastny with Glass and that line keeps rolling.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Everyone thats getting traded this time of year is out with an "illness" as teams cant risk injury if theres a deal in principle.

for

Stone (re-signed 8x9)

Pacioretty-Stastny-Stone

Stone would be absolutely dynamite with Patches. In 2-3 years replace Stastny with Glass and that line keeps rolling.

McPhee isn't going to take on an 8 year contract, no way, no how. That would take Stone to 35.

I could see this trade if it were, say, a 5X9 extension, for Branny and a second or some such. Otherwise, stand pat and see who we can court July 1st.

As a fan, I don't want to see McPhee continually trade away futures in the hopes of capturing lightning in a bottle.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Keep Brannstrom and bring over Gusev. Trade Miller and not our best stuff for a solid second pair defenseman. Done. Dont need Stone for Brannstrom.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

for

Stone (re-signed 8x9)

Pacioretty-Stastny-Stone

Miller, Nosek, 2019 1st
for
Stone(re-signed 5x8)

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Miller, Nosek, 2019 1st
for
Stone(re-signed 5x8)

Nosek would be on my list of most disappointing players this season for the team.

Regardless, I don't think we need forward help that badly with Gusev and Glass looking likely to bring more skill at forward.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Nosek would be on my list of most disappointing players this season for the team.

Regardless, I don't think we need forward help that badly with Gusev and Glass looking likely to bring more skill at forward.

I think if you watch Nosek in person during a game you can appreciate how good he is at everything except sniping goals. His PK work is amazing, doesn't get beat and doesn't give up good lanes for shots. He's always aware on offense when D are pinching and he's not taking risks to score goals, but on occasion can poach a goal. I get it the problem with the team so far is scoring so the natural thought is lets get the more offensive minded wingers out there when times are tough, but this guy needs to play every playoff game for us when his skill set really helps. Looking at the stats, his Corsi and Fenwick are better than last year and he's probably going to score a few more points. What's down this year is his PDO, somehow the goalies are stopping just 86% of the shots against when he's on the ice and that makes little sense. If his personal "luck" improves and his PDO gets back near 100 he's going to look like a very solid player.

Meanwhile everyone loves Carrier and yet his stats are nothing special other than his ability to take a ton of low percentage shots. Scored a couple more goals, but provides nothing else than "energy". I guess one could think hits and rushes up the ice help a team somehow, but realistically they do not.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I'd sign off on this. But isn't a little homerish for us to want to unload two contracts we fans have been unhappy with, dressed as "assets in exchange"?

well sure. That's why I made the cheeky proposal. :oops:

But like @Vegan Knight said Stone is more of a luxury with Gusev and Glass, whereas $$$ is probably better spent on Stralman on a nice short term.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
What do you think about Dzingel or Johansson?

They'd be rentals so maybe a 3rd plus Pirri (re-signed)

If you think of Pirri as an own-rental and a wildcard he's a decent addition in his own right.

But back to Stone...it's doable. Not sure if he'd accept 8m but it's possible. (around 3-4m in bonuses pushed to the following year).

aEgK4oo.jpg

edit: and the 20-21 lineup

PfWpDXR.jpg

Last edited:

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I think if you watch Nosek in person during a game you can appreciate how good he is at everything except sniping goals. His PK work is amazing, doesn't get beat and doesn't give up good lanes for shots. He's always aware on offense when D are pinching and he's not taking risks to score goals, but on occasion can poach a goal. I get it the problem with the team so far is scoring so the natural thought is lets get the more offensive minded wingers out there when times are tough, but this guy needs to play every playoff game for us when his skill set really helps. Looking at the stats, his Corsi and Fenwick are better than last year and he's probably going to score a few more points. What's down this year is his PDO, somehow the goalies are stopping just 86% of the shots against when he's on the ice and that makes little sense. If his personal "luck" improves and his PDO gets back near 100 he's going to look like a very solid player.

Meanwhile everyone loves Carrier and yet his stats are nothing special other than his ability to take a ton of low percentage shots. Scored a couple more goals, but provides nothing else than "energy". I guess one could think hits and rushes up the ice help a team somehow, but realistically they do not.

I won't begrudge his work shorthanded, it was more a comment on his opportunity to move up to a third line position and contribute more to the team but he probably works better on the fourth line.

Knightmare

VGK fan since the 70’s
Jun 15, 2018
Las Vegas

If you think of Pirri as an own-rental and a wildcard he's a decent addition in his own right.

But back to Stone...it's doable. Not sure if he'd accept 8m but it's possible. (around 3-4m in bonuses pushed to the following year).

aEgK4oo.jpg

PfWpDXR.jpg
I just hope we have a shot at signing Goon Gooningtin for the 20-21 season

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018

aEgK4oo.jpg

PfWpDXR.jpg

Even with Pirri, he could possibly be signed if there is no Stone and we could trade someone in the future for what we may need.

Do you think Karlsson signs for 6M?

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Even with Pirri, he could possibly be signed if there is no Stone and we could trade someone in the future for what we may need.

Do you think Karlsson signs for 6M?

I would have thought they'd announce a new deal for him by now, so probably north of 5.5m. Maybe more if he has another good playoffs.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I would have thought they'd announce a new deal for him by now, so probably north of 5.5m. Maybe more if he has another good playoffs.

As of now, I don't think it should be more than 6M based on what we've seen and what others on this team and around the league have in contracts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad