Speculation: What moves could McPhee try, if he is looking to make them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Looks like 2 prospects, a first and a conditional first if Duchene signs.

If they take a similar package for Stone (and one would assume they would)

Abramov, Davidsson a 1st & a conditional 1st is equivalent to Kruse, Elvenes a 1st & a conditional 1st.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
If they take a similar package for Stone (and one would assume they would)

Abramov, Davidsson a 1st & a conditional 1st is equivalent to Kruse, Elvenes a 1st & a conditional 1st.

Could Columbus look to recoup what they traded and accept a 1st, conditional 1st, Elvenes and Pirri for Panarin.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Could Columbus look to recoup what they traded and accept a 1st, conditional 1st, Elvenes and Pirri for Panarin.
0% chance Columbus is trading Panarin. With the Duchene move they're pretty much announcing that they're going all-in for a cup this year.

And Panarin is LW, so we should not even think about acquiring him right now.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
0% chance Columbus is trading Panarin. With the Duchene move they're pretty much announcing that they're going all-in for a cup this year.

Agree. And even if they were, I'm not sure this team is aligned to where they should mortgage their future for a rental.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I wouldn't be surprised if Panarin and Bob still move. Florida is intent on getting one of them locked up with 8 years of term, everyone would love to add Panarin and it just seems like a powder keg with Torts. Florida is also trying to move out Hoffman and Brassard. Too much smoke there.

Maybe that's why they went out and got Duchene. He has a proven record of tuning out coaches. :laugh:

Capitals just acquired Jensen. I wonder if they'll flip Jaskin (to us?) or Djoos...

edit: Bowey goes the other way.

Last edited:

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018

I have to wonder if that's the best decision for the team. They have around a 4% chance maybe even with Duchene for one season.

If they recoup those assets and essentially gain Pirri long term, Elvenes, Bergman and Duchene long term for Abramov, Davidsson and Panarin who was not resigning that could be making the best of their situation.

It could also increase their Cup odds over a more extended time than going all in one season and having Duchene at the cost of a few 1st to show for it. They would have essentially no way to try to better their team for a while.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
I have to wonder if that's the best decision for the team. They have around a 4% chance maybe even with Duchene for one season.

If they recoup those assets and essentially gain Pirri long term, Elvenes, Bergman and Duchene long term for Abramov, Davidsson and Panarin who was not resigning that could be making the best of their situation.

It could also increase their Cup odds over a more extended time than going all in one season and having Duchene at the cost of a few 1st to show for it. They would have essentially no way to try to better their team for a while.
Duchene isn't signed long term, he's a pure rental.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Every time I check and see we didn’t make a move I feel relief. I’m more worried about making a bad trade than anything else.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Hello peeps - I've noticed Colin Miller has been scratched a few games in a row. Do you think Vegas will be moving him before Monday?

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
So I hope McPhee has a portable phone charger the size of a car battery because hopefully he will work hard to fix this reasonably.

Lawless said during the intermission last night that the front office set up a command center and will work the phones all weekend, looking for the best value acquisition.

1 roster spot open if Carrier goes on IR. Maybe 2 if Engelland is still hurting. I get the feeling they're waiting for bargain bin prices on players like Brassard, Girardi, McQuaid, Talbot, Elliot etc.

Haula will be a nice addition in late March though.

Reactions: derriko

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
At the same time, yes I can see Miller being moved. It would have to make sense, but you have to think someone's ass is out the door and Holden just had a kid.

Really have to wonder how much the looming playoff rematch vs the Sharks is weighing on McPhee's mind right now.

Last edited:

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
At the same time, yes I can see Miller being moved. It would have to make sense, but you have to think someone's ass is out the door and Holden just had a kid.

Really have to wonder how much the looming playoff rematch vs the Sharks is weighing on McPhee's mind right now.
What would Vegas be looking for for Colin Miller? What would have to happen for the move to make sense?

mundyc3

May 17, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
I am really curious if there can be moves in both directions. Get a few value adds for the playoffs but sell really high on a guy like Miller. Play the market for best for this year and the future.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
What would Vegas be looking for for Colin Miller? What would have to happen for the move to make sense?

Something like a 1st and a solid penalty killing dman coming back. Preference would be a guy who can play both LD/RD on a low AAV or an expiring contract.

Moving out Miller for a huge return and signing Stralman is the ideal situation.

Reactions: LeafChief
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad