Speculation: What moves could McPhee try, if he is looking to make them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Yeah I'm willing to bet we don't get Stone without Glass or Brannstrom or both.

Huge pass and I'd really like to avoid watching McPhee gut this team's future any further.
Ottawa wanted one of Kylington/Andersson/Välimäki from Calgary for Stone, so I wouldn't be too sure about needing to give up either of the two. I'd hate GMGM if he gave up either of them, even if we got Stone re-signed.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Ottawa wanted one of Kylington/Andersson/Välimäki from Calgary for Stone, so I wouldn't be too sure about needing to give up either of the two. I'd hate GMGM if he gave up either of them, even if we got Stone re-signed.
I could live with Miller, Hague, and a pick. That's the highest I'd go before approaching rage territory.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I could live with Miller, Hague, and a pick. That's the highest I'd go before approaching rage territory.

I'd jump off a bridge.

Remember, Ottawa has been scouting Vegas prospects for a calendar year. If Dorion doesn't know who Bischoff, Elvenes, Leschyshyn or Jones are he's a bigger tool than I thought.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Thing about him is sometimes he tells the truth. He called the Nyquist trade yesterday, and he's called a few signings (like Neal)
If you throw a handful of shit at a wall, some of it will stick.

I'm fairly certain he's come out and said he's just trolling at TDL multiple times. Isn't he a real estate agent or something now?

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
I could live with anything not including Glass or Brannstrom as long as the plan is to sign Stone not just rent him.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Ottawa is so loaded with young talent in the pipeline right now I'm thinking they are looking more at high picks or maybe an existing NHLer. Miller seems a great fit for this deal, but I don't know if the Knights prospects are really going to be valued as highly as we value them. The real question no one knows the answer to is how close are the Sens to signing Stone. If Stone is like I'll never sign here in a million years then he's getting dealt and a more modest haul should be expected. If the two teams are just a year of term or some dollars apart then I don't think the Sens really want to trade him unless they are blown away.

Moral of the story for GMGM is to not give them a great offer. Hope he doesn't want to sign there and your offer including an NHLer that you need to clear salary on anyways and picks that don't figure to be top half of the draft win the day. I still think Ottawa is the best destination for the Clarkson contract too, I don't think any of the Stone contenders have as bad a contract to move as well and VGK does not need the money to reach the floor so it should be sent to better hands by the end of the draft.

Hal 9000

Nov 19, 2016
The Knights need defensive help. They need a puck moving/PP quarterback. After that, it's depth/stay at home d-men. An NHL team needs 8 functioning defensemen to go anywhere in the playoffs (we have about 5)....whatever, but it's clear that they can not enter the playoffs with the same defense as they have now.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
The Knights need defensive help. They need a puck moving/PP quarterback. After that, it's depth/stay at home d-men. An NHL team needs 8 functioning defensemen to go anywhere in the playoffs (we have about 5)....whatever, but it's clear that they can not enter the playoffs with the same defense as they have now.

They have one but GMGM doesn't want to call him up.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Miller, Pirri(re-signed),Bischoff, Elvenes conditional 1sts/2nds and Clarkson's contract
for
Stone & Ceci

I hope that's what's on the table.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad