Speculation: What moves could McPhee try, if he is looking to make them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Zucker would be more of the same. A cross between Patches & Haula but not as good defensively as either. And a sizeable cap hit.

If the team is going to spend 5m on another player it needs to be a D or a star winger.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA

Not one defenseman among the names heard.

We've got a couple sitting in Chicago without any NHL game experience and no roster cap in a few hours.

I'm hoping that's the plan, though I wouldn't want to burn a season on their contracts unless they're a real improvement.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
We've got a couple sitting in Chicago without any NHL game experience and no roster cap in a few hours.

I'm hoping that's the plan, though I wouldn't want to burn a season on their contracts unless they're a real improvement.

Does this refer to Brannstrom and Hague or Whitecloud and Bischoff.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
The former more than the latter.

If Bischoff was the guy I figure he'd have played.

I think at this point we should probably slide their ELC's another year so we can try to sign a veteran defenseman after this season whose contract would be up when theirs were due.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
I'm not a draft guy, but we've been told for years that 2019 was the draft not to miss. Has that changed?
2020 is looking like the best since 2015, got some great depth. 2019 is a very strong draft from the US, but it's a down year for Sweden, & Canada. 2020 however is a really strong one from Sweden(probably Sweden's best ever tbh), & Canada.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Blue Jackets add McQuaid. They're really going all-in.
They kind of have to if they're losing Panarin and Bob to free agency.

Their window is completely closed in four months. It's kind of weird, but rarely is a window so obviously open and ready to close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad