Player Discussion What makes J.T Miller such a good player? (2021 Edition)

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Someone is desperate to excuse everything Miller does. So rattled he thought calling the top line lotto line meant Miller was being scratched.

Very itchy to absolve miller’s behaviour that he’s fighting injustices that aren’t even there.

That said I don’t think Miller and Boeser got on well last year. It didn’t matter it was a great top line. The guys are bummed at the shocking reboot. Totally understandable to be confused.

Reactions: vanuck

Regress2TheMeme

Mar 14, 2018
This is precisely the kind of gossipy, 'soap opera' stuff that stinks....Miller has addressed his issues , and frustration, but the fact you , and some of the other posters think that Miller is a 'shitty ' teammate, or is having some kind of feud with teammates is completely false, and embarrassing.

Teenage girl stuff.

Dude, it's distressing that one of our biggest successes in recent history (Miller) might not work out. I get that and understand wishing that it wasn't the case.

Last year he looked like he might be the true captain of this squad. His attitude this season has been bad enough that we have to consider he might not be best for this team, given where it is right now. Such a dramatic shift is shocking to see.

It's totally possible Miller gets his head straight and continues to be a beast for the Canucks for the rest of his contract. But he could also mope and be disgruntled and have that rub off on other young players. Where is this team's window now? Are they going to really compete for the Cup in the next three years? If so then it makes sense to work it out with Miller. If we are truly rebooting this team and plan to compete when all the dead cap space is gone then it probably makes sense to sell high on Miller now.

Using really emotional, judgmental language, comparing posters to gossipy teenagers, saying it's embarrassing, just comes off as gaslighting.

IslandBeast

Apr 19, 2015
V.I
"BB/Miller have some issues and I think that’s affecting some on ice chemistry and PP performance"..Peen...lol

This is precisely the kind of gossipy, 'soap opera' stuff that stinks....Miller has addressed his issues , and frustration, but the fact you , and some of the other posters think that Miller is a 'shitty ' teammate, or is having some kind of feud with teammates is completely false, and embarrassing.

Teenage girl stuff.

Yeah okay aGent..

Qutting on your team and whining IS being a 'shitty' teammate. You're trying to spin this into some sort of conspiracy, when it's all just right out in front of us, plain view.

Reactions: Peen

IslandBeast

Apr 19, 2015
V.I
Reading anything into Boeser and Miller's heated chat on the bench the other night is flat out ridiculous and shows who has never played competitive sports in their life. The team was losing, playing poorly and in the middle of a lengthy losing streak. If our guys weren't jawing at each other on the bench I'd be more concerned.

Miller and Boeser hold each other to a very high standard, as they should.

Sure If this was an occasional thing it would be nice to see animation on the bench but Miller has been visibly negative all year, now he's arguing with one of our guys and you're calling out people who have never played sports? Nobody is attacking Miller's character for this one instance, maybe you've missed the last month or two of Canucks hockey?

I played rep and junior hockey for 15 years, if my teammate was dogging it, pouting, whining and quitting on us, then all of a sudden started taking out his frustration on me and calling me out I would be ****ing pissed, why the hell would anyone want that?

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Yeah okay aGent..

Qutting on your team and whining IS being a 'shitty' teammate. You're trying to spin this into some sort of conspiracy, when it's all just right out in front of us, plain view.
The spin to make JTM a villain is all yours..The team obviously has no problem with Miller (guess you missed last nights game)...They've gotten over it..you obviously haven't.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Dude, it's distressing that one of our biggest successes in recent history (Miller) might not work out. I get that and understand wishing that it wasn't the case.

Last year he looked like he might be the true captain of this squad. Such a dramatic shift is shocking to see.

It's totally possible Miller gets his head straight and continues to be a beast for the Canucks for the rest of his contract. But he could also mope and be disgruntled and have that rub off on other young players. Where is this team's window now? Are they going to really compete for the Cup in the next three years? If so then it makes sense to work it out with Miller. If we are truly rebooting this team and plan to compete when all the dead cap space is gone then it probably makes sense to sell high on Miller now.

Using really emotional, judgmental language, comparing posters to gossipy teenagers, saying it's embarrassing, just comes off as gaslighting.
This topic is getting redundant now, as its clearly water under the bridge ..Let's see how Miller plays out this season, before tar and feathering him over this seasons first 20 games team implosion.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
backcheck:
giphy.gif

Reactions: vanuck

Kuzmenkshow

Big smile, big hair, big time player
Jun 21, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Sure If this was an occasional thing it would be nice to see animation on the bench but Miller has been visibly negative all year, now he's arguing with one of our guys and you're calling out people who have never played sports? Nobody is attacking Miller's character for this one instance, maybe you've missed the last month or two of Canucks hockey?

I played rep and junior hockey for 15 years, if my teammate was dogging it, pouting, whining and quitting on us, then all of a sudden started taking out his frustration on me and calling me out I would be ****ing pissed, why the hell would anyone want that?

Fair enough, and I get/understand what you're saying. I guess all I'm saying is that Miller's play has been off this year, despite the points the effort isn't there and he's frustrated. An argument on the bench with Boeser is (in my opinion) part of the process in getting him back to what made him great last year. Hopefully Boeser is telling him to shape the f*** up and hopefully that resonates with Miller, but it doesn't mean there's a huge rift and Miller should be on his way out.

I'm just saying that we shouldn't read too much into this particular little fiery argument and that it's probably a good thing that they're airing some frustrating.

Reactions: Pastor Of Muppetz

IslandBeast

Apr 19, 2015
V.I
Fair enough, and I get/understand what you're saying. I guess all I'm saying is that Miller's play has been off this year, despite the points the effort isn't there and he's frustrated. An argument on the bench with Boeser is (in my opinion) part of the process in getting him back to what made him great last year. Hopefully Boeser is telling him to shape the f*** up and hopefully that resonates with Miller, but it doesn't mean there's a huge rift and Miller should be on his way out.

I'm just saying that we shouldn't read too much into this particular little fiery argument and that it's probably a good thing that they're airing some frustrating.[/QUOTE

We can throw the incident with him and Boeser aside, pretend it never happend, Millers effort and attitude still garners this discussion. This is just a microcosm of what has been happening already

Nobody is mad at Miller because he's arguing with Boes, they're mad at Miller because he's been acting like A baby all season and now he's arguing with Boes

On full display again last night; In that clip it looks like he yelled "F'ing MOVE" to his d-man who didn't do a better ob of getting open for the pass. Qutting on backchecks, poor body language, lazy, selfish. Never seen anything like it[/QUOTE]

IslandBeast

Apr 19, 2015
V.I
Good grief..Are we at point now where we are magnifying and criticizing Millers swearing?...lol

You're being a contrarian on purpose, you look for something that there is a consensus for and then you try to make arguments defending it. You actually go as far as taking personal jabs at people while doing it too.

This is some sophisticated trolling, you do well at making it seem like you have legitimate gripes with these subjects but nobody with any common sense is buying your schtick. Millers swearing = microcosm

Keep on trolling on though

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
You're being a contrarian on purpose, you look for something that there is a consensus for and then you try to make arguments defending it. You actually go as far as taking personal jabs at people while doing it too.

This is some sophisticated trolling, you do well at making it seem like you have legitimate gripes with these subjects but nobody with any common sense is buying your schtick. Millers swearing = microcosm

Your attempts to make Miller into some sort of pariah- villain are completely laughable...This whole Miller thing has been a dead issue for almost a week, and is not an issue with his coach or teammates...They've moved on..you haven't.

Maybe try attacking the issue, and not the poster next time:nod:

Reactions: Bougieman

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018

I would think it’s a pretty good guess to say he’s criticized non Canucks for “unplugged controller” moments and showing up his teammates in the past. There’s a reason JT can’t be criticized. It’s clear to most if not all.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
Your attempts to make Miller into some sort of pariah- villain are completely laughable...This whole Miller thing has been a dead issue for almost a week, and is not an issue with his coach or teammates...They've moved on..you haven't.

Maybe try not acting as if it isn’t a minority of posters here who are solely questioning JTM’s character.

The content I posted was from the armies.

And, this may come as a shocker, but you can basically pick any game this season and find examples of JTM behaving this way and multiple media members discussing it on twitter, articles, radio, and podcasts.

Maybe you’ll acknowledge that and find a new slant.

Regress2TheMeme

Mar 14, 2018
This topic is getting redundant now, as its clearly water under the bridge ..Let's see how Miller plays out this season, before tar and feathering him over this seasons first 20 games team implosion.

I thought we were going to chill out and see how Miller plays, but here you are, back to calling people laughable for pointing out how toxic Miller's attitude is at the moment.

I hope the Canucks are quietly assessing the interest in Miller from contenders. He's producing right now so Benning could justify a high price tag and I would expect teams would be lining up to make an offer given Miller's great contract. He's perfect for a team that's poised to content for the next few years.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Maybe try not acting as if it isn’t a minority of posters here who are solely questioning JTM’s character.

The content I posted was from the armies.

And, this may come as a shocker, but you can basically pick any game this season and find examples of JTM behaving this way and multiple media members discussing it on twitter, articles, radio, and podcasts.

Maybe you’ll acknowledge that and find a new slant.
48 hours ago we your TMZ type take in the GDT suggested a feud.."BB/Miller have some issues and I think that’s affecting some on ice chemistry and PP performance"..
During the game BB and JTM were amicably chatting at the bench, clearly blowing your 'take' right out of the water.

What is your new slant Peen..?..Magnifying and dissecting 'on ice' swear words in an empty arena..?....o_O..Keep up the good work.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
48 hours ago we your TMZ type take in the GDT suggested a feud.."BB/Miller have some issues and I think that’s affecting some on ice chemistry and PP performance"..
During the game BB and JTM were amicably chatting at the bench, clearly blowing your 'take' right out of the water.

What is your new slant Peen..?..Magnifying and dissecting 'on ice' swear words in an empty arena..?....o_O..Keep up the good work.
yep another deflect and shot

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
So you didnt say that quote, and you didnt post hockey players swearing in an empty arena?..Its not me thats deflecting.
me trying to look for where i said i didn’t do those things

https://media.tenor.co/videos/a5461eb28c3daec2cdd0d7c27868701c/mp4

pom i know you want to create the narrative that only a select few posters on hfboards have noticed jt millers attitude and effort problems but i’m not at the arena making videos myself - just posting what the media has posted and discussed ;)

IslandBeast

Apr 19, 2015
V.I

You are literally the only person saying his attitude hasn't been an issue, then you call everyone dramatic. It's trolling 101. Being different makes you feel like you have purpose, you argue just to argue, I've seen it with you for year now. It's ok, my friend.

Reactions: 420Canuck

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
You are literally the only person saying his attitude hasn't been an issue, then you call everyone dramatic. It's trolling 101.
"Millers not wired like most other hockey players, admittedly, he has a hard time controlling his emotions..He's a sore loser, and is certainly no fun to be around on a losing team"...Me..post #205

Try again.

IslandBeast

Apr 19, 2015
V.I
"Millers not wired like most other hockey players, admittedly, he has a hard time controlling his emotions..He's a sore loser, and is certainly no fun to be around on a losing team"...Me..post #205

Try again.

You engaged me and said he "wasn't being a shitty teammate" now you're admitting that his attitude problems are an issue?

Miller is being a shitty teammate and it has continued up to this point, that's all this discussion is about and you simultaneously agreed and disagreed with it, therefore you cannot be wrong and can pull up quotes at anytime to defend your senseless rambling.

Again, what is your argument here?

Miller swearing at a teammate yet again last night is a microcosm for what has been happening for two months, and you're accusing people of microanalyzing that one situation? No, not cool

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad