Player Discussion What makes J.T Miller such a good player? (2021 Edition)

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Okay. When you say Top 15 what do you mean? #13-15? #1-3? Most reasonable people would think that makes a big difference. So I think you're purposely just throwing Top 15 out there to advance your narrative. But if what you mean is picks between #11-15 then I'll admit that I got the wrong idea cause most people would say top 3, top 5, top 10 and so forth.
It doesn’t really matter. That you want to nit pick the details is beside the point.

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
Okay, so the arguments for trading him make sense. Now the next question becomes, do you think our GM and meddling owner have the wherewithal to pull off such a trade that would benefit us?

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
It doesn’t really matter. That you want to nit pick the details is beside the point.

Why are you refusing to clarify what you mean. You posed a question about "Top 15" pick and when asked to be more specific you refuse to do so? See what I mean by your hypothetical being meaningless?

IslandBeast

Apr 19, 2015
V.I
Why? Seemed to me like he is pinning a lot on himself. He's just frustrated with losing. You think the team will have a problem with him not apologizing to the media?

Ever played on a sports team? There is often this one guy or guys who can get a bit crazy and go overboard sometimes. That type of personality isn't for everyone to get along with but players recognize a talented player when they see one and if you can channel that talent into a player that can help you win players really don't care. Just look at Antonio Brown. He just won a Super Bowl but he's not a player that "get's it".

I expect that if Miller's "attitude" is a problem either on the ice or off the ice, our leadership group, especially Horvat, will either rein him in or discuss the issue with the coaching staff. If not, we need to start questioning our leadership group including Horvat. When Kesler wanted out, the Canucks players had a meeting and decided to strip Kesler of his A. That's what I expect from Horvat and the other leaders in the room.

Circling back to this comment. I played hockey, with many types of players and personalities, If there was a player on the team whining, pouting, getting mad at teammates and visibly quitting during games night in and night out like Miller has he would be hated by teammates and wouldn't last long on the team. The players don't need Miller around to be successful, he's here and they aren't successful so why would they want to tolerate any of his crap? It's hockey with 20 teammates, you don't need to keep that one shitty attitude around. Holtby clearly doesn't care how talented he is, neither does Boeser and neither do I.

Guys don't bail on their teammates in friggin Junior B like this guy has bailed on us in the NHL, it's a non-starter he needs to go, his true colors have been exposed and these are roots implanted deep inside the player and it shows that he could quit on his teammates at any time.

He gave an interview the other day addressing the attitude issues he has been accused of and he had nothing but garbage excuses, talking about how he just "hates losing" and "plays with emotion". We were up 5-1 on Ottawa and this guy was smashing his stick getting mad at teammates because they didn't give him the pass he wanted? we were still in the playoff hunt early in the season an this guy was floating around with one hand on his stick quitting on plays, quitting on our goalies and his linemates?

Great player and I'm sure he's an okay guy but he's a loser, he's a baby, he's been traded twice before the age of 26. How ironic Alain Vigneault the most decorated coach in Canucks history didn't want to give this guy the light of day/ Then he comes from the third line and Tampa, they win the cup the very next year then laugh all the way to the bank with those assets we gave them and the cap we helped clear. Did we actually think that Dim Jim got u a super sick steal of a player Without any underlying issues...? You don't see players EVER act like this and there is a reason for that, it's not accepted.

If people aren't recognizing these bad habits and how they can affect the people around them then they themselves are probably surrounded by a bunch of shitty, toxic people. I'm guessing our management team can't see this because, well, they can't seem to foresee anything that's why we're in such a god damn mess

What sport do/did you play that you allowed a teammate to act like an overgrown toddler?

Reactions: Fedz

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Millers not wired like most other hockey players, admittedly, he has a hard time controlling his emotions..He's a sore loser, and is certainly no fun to be around on a losing team.

Unlike a lot of Millers teammates who are grossly underachieving, collecting their paycheques, and quietly going off into the night..Millers letting everybody know that this is completely unacceptable (including his own play, which he has claimed as unacceptable ).

I'd have Miller on my team anyday.

IslandBeast

Apr 19, 2015
V.I
Millers not wired like most other hockey players, admittedly, he has a hard time controlling his emotions..He's a sore loser, and is certainly no fun to be around on a losing team.

Unlike a lot of Millers teammates who are grossly underachieving, collecting their paycheques, and quietly going off into the night..Millers letting everybody know that this is completely unacceptable (including his own play, which he has claimed as unacceptable ).

I'd have Miller on my team anyday.

That is exactly why he can't stick around because whether he likes it or not we are a losing team. So he's just gonna pout and be a thorn in the side of his teammates? Why would any of them want that? It's more about attitude as well, he's been quitting mid-game, literally during shifts he quits and then just starts pouting for no reason

He's been dogging it since day 1 so how does the excuse of he hates losing make any sense? We were still in the fight and he gave up. How can you say you hate losing but you give efforts like this?

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
If I was building a team, I would purposely have 'bad losers' on the team..That attitude becomes contagious ,and eventually no teammates will 'accept' other players not giving their all.

The biggest stars on the team would be no exception.

Reactions: Nucker101

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
Top 6 player in his prime on a very cost effective contract with not a lot of term.

You’d have to be brain dead not to trade him for picks/prospects.

And that’s exactly what’s gonna happen,
You know it’s true.

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
If I was building a team, I would purposely have 'bad losers' on the team..That attitude becomes contagious ,and eventually no teammates will 'accept' other players not giving their all.

The biggest stars on the team would be no exception.

so when Brock Boeser basically yelled at him on the bench, you want more of that? Agree to disagree.

Reactions: LordBacon

JimmyJiveJones

Jan 28, 2019
theres a clip of of Miller punching Boeser in the shoulder after he scored the GTG against the flames. Boeser didnt seem too happy about that at all

sorry for the crappy video

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
theres a clip of of Miller punching Boeser in the shoulder after he scored the GTG against the flames. Boeser didnt seem too happy about that at all

sorry for the crappy video

holy shit. Death stare. Good find. Yah .... they don’t like each other at all.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Hockey player tells teammate to stfu..like thats never happened before ?..Sometimes, they fight in practice...Well, I'll be..?..They manage to get over that.

They showed the Boeser /Miller clip on Sportsnet, before playing it down...They will be line mates tonight on the Lotto line,..Maybe Miller and Boeser wont even acknowledge each other, with the ongoing feud and all.?

IslandBeast

Apr 19, 2015
V.I
Hockey player tells teammate to stfu..like thats never happened before ?..Sometimes, they fight in practice...Well, I'll be..?..They manage to get over that.

They showed the Boeser /Miller clip on Sportsnet, before playing it down...They will be line mates tonight on the Lotto line,..Maybe Miller and Boeser wont even acknowledge each other, with the ongoing feud and all.?

What do you have to say about Miller quitting on the team right from the start? His effort was not there and his frustration was evident and that was before the major losing streaks and the knowingness that we won't be in the playoff hunt.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
What do you have to say about Miller quitting on the team right from the start? His effort was not there and his frustration was evident and that was before the major losing streaks and the knowingness that we won't be in the playoff hunt.
He missed the short training camp because of a covid protocol, and the first two games.....you obviously completely missed that...Try again.

He's already admitted he wasn't nearly good enough...Who else's effort wasnt there..? Pettersson, Hughes, Horvat, Goalies.?...There's plenty of blame to go around...but lets just blame the 'bad loser' who pisses off his teammates, curses, and slams the bench door shut.. (I don't have a problem with any of that 'emotion'..shows me that he's at least got something on the 'give -a -shit' o- meter.. If he'd really quit on the team ..you would hear nothing)

For a guy thats quit on the team, he's running almost a point a game...same as last season.

Last edited:

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
He missed the short training camp because of a covid protocol, and the first two games.....you obviously completely missed that.

He's already admitted he wasn't nearly good enough...Who else's effort wasnt there..? Pettersson, Hughes, Horvat, Goalies.?...There's plenty of blame to go around...but lets just blame the 'bad loser' who pisses off his teammates, curses, and slams the bench door shut.. (I don't have a problem with any of that 'emotion'..shows me that he's at least got something on the 'give -a -shit' o- meter.. If he'd quit on the team ..you would hear nothing)

For a guy thats quit on the team, he's running almost a point a game...same as last season.

There's playing bad and then there's completely giving up on plays. Not sure how you can compare Millers' play to guys like Horvat/Pettersson

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
I don't have a problem with any of that 'emotion'..shows me that he's at least got something on the 'give -a -shit' o- meter...

I don’t know about most, but I’d prefer to see my players ‘emotion’ on the back check or some ‘emotion’ by STOPPING on pucks and/or bodies.

But yes, ‘emotion’ in the way of public verbal lashings of teammates, slamming of sticks and overall poor body language show he’s got something on the ole ‘give -a -shit o- meter’ and that something is certainly a huge hit amongst his peers in the room.

Reactions: hoglanderisbeast

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
There's playing bad and then there's completely giving up on plays. Not sure how you can compare Millers' play to guys like Horvat/Pettersson

The first one, for sure..
The second one, he's not a D-man...looks just as useless as Boeser playing D on PLD's Jets winner in OT..
The 3rd one..the ice sucked , ... the puck bobbled over Edlers stick (who had his stick on the ice)..but lets blame Miller ok ?..shitty example.
Are we going to crucify for him for that one play in Toronto?

Last edited:

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I don’t know about most, but I’d prefer to see my players ‘emotion’ on the back check or some ‘emotion’ by STOPPING on pucks and/or bodies.

But yes, ‘emotion’ in the way of public verbal lashings of teammates, slamming of sticks and overall poor body language show he’s got something on the ole ‘give -a -shit o- meter’ and that something is certainly a huge hit amongst his peers in the room.
His peers ( and himself) are all underachieving...but lets not stir anything up amongst all of his underachieving peers in the room?
God forbid.
I love Horvat..but who the f*** is the captain of this team?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad