What jersey number do you wear and why?

jiggs 10

Dec 5, 2002
Hockeytown, ND
Visit site
I wanted to be 4 (for Bobby Orr), but it was taken. So I took 10 (for Fran Tarkenton, Minn. Vikings Hall of Fame quarterback). Then 2 years later Guy Lafleur came on big, so it was a "cool" number to have! I have worn it ever since in every sport I have played...until 3 years ago when I joined my current team. The team's sponsor also wears that number, and would not give it up to me. So I had to switch to 11, and I haven't been the same player since!

PensFanInCBus

Jan 14, 2004
I wear 25 because I tend to play alot like Kevin Stevens. I don't share his fondness for crack and hookers, but he played like a beast.

When I play in goal, I wear 35 for Tom Barrasso.

TheViperOne

Jul 26, 2005
I used:

#10 - Guy Lafleur (Crowd would chant "Guy" at me when I scored)
#77 - Some new clown on the AAA team took my #10
#27 - Alexei Kovalev

MacBeatsPang

Oct 25, 2006

Randy McKay
Paul O'Neill -- a baseball player with a hockey player's heart.

Didn't pick it with Forsberg in mind.

Anderson8

Jul 24, 2006
I wear 90 because i was born in 1990 so it was just natural i pick 90

and i wear 9 when some pr*k mother f**Ker takes my number:p:

The Sharpshooter

Jan 21, 2007
Buffalo, NY
#27- after Teppo Numminen.

Was compared to him when I played in High School. Was a top line defensive pairing my last 3 years in Varsity. I was a terrific passer, made lots of assists, but scored maybe 3-5 goals a year. Won a silver and a bronze in my sophomore and senior years of hockey in the Swiss Chalet Tournament, which is like a federation cup.

Anisimovs AK

Apr 14, 2006
Columbus, OH
#33 for Anson Carter's first jersey number with the Bruins. Also, For some reason I really liked Zigmund Palffy. His name was awesome to say more than anything. Except I had to change this year becuase I lost my away jersey, so I switched to 32, but I don't know anyone good in the NHL who wears that number.

scud9

Jun 2, 2006
#53, in every sport that I play, even in soccer... And it all comes to HERBIE, like it I'm doomed to be last pick, lousy skills, but big heart and tons of energy. It has been my number for 15 years...

Drrocket9

Sep 29, 2004
when i joined my first club i was assigned the number 25

years later when nbr 9 became available i switched to that, and kept it for many years......until.......i joined a team called the Aeros, so i couldnt use Gordies nbr 9 anymore. i then switched to 12, since Marleau is my favorite Sharks player.

this season i was excused from the Aeros.......now i play for a new team, and am wearing the number 18. wouldnt you know, we wear Kings unis..........:cry:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00