What jersey number do you wear and why?

WhiteWolf

Feb 6, 2007
SEOUL
9- My true number favorite Lemiux,Howe,Maurice Richard,Kariya, My favorite Players.
13-When I was still in injury and was a player protecter[ Chris Simon lol] I wore that for supersition I only lasted a couple weeks protecting it was to boring ;]
00- Usually golies number but, When I got injured and someone else wanted 9 they said your number doesn't matter on the bench so they gave it away and gave me 00 for zero points,zero everything

dhasek3910

Sep 21, 2005
Edmonton, AB, Canada
I'm going to be #11 this year for ball hockey. I want to be #10 though (Pavel Bure)

Is there a site that tells you what number has been worn by which individuals in the NHL?

Lux Aurumque*

27 - It's my birthday, and that's the only reason.

12 - Peter Bondra's number; my idol when it comes to sports.

4 - A number I got stuck with twice, actually like it now.

El Dandy*

I never played hockey in an organized league but my soccer number from 8 years old to my senior year in high school was #4. I always wanted #44 but they wouldn't let me have it.

Murphy

Apr 2, 2005
Edmonton
I always wore #27, Sittler and Semenko were favourites when I was younger. Now I wear #7 as 27 wasn't available. Both my son and daughter wear #7 as well.

lotus

Jul 22, 2006
New York
Usually 2 or 22, because of Leetch. Except im a forward so i like to leave the single digits to the defense usually. Kind of weird being such a Leetch fan and growing up a forward, though I guess it wasn't too difficult to confuse Leetch as a forward himself heh :P

LapierreSports

Mar 9, 2007
Montreal
I've always been a jersey number afficionado, so when it came time to choose a number for my beer league a few years ago, I went with 26, in honor of Glen Wesley from his old B's days. I grew up a fan of his game, eventhough Ray Bourque is my all-time favorite, but there's no way I'd ever wear 77. Besides, some other guy took it.

26 is not too flashy, it's a working man's number, and that's a reflection of my playing style.

20...it was the number they gave me.

Knitscarf

Jul 7, 2006
NJ
#1, cause like Nelly says 2 is not a winner, and 3 nobody remembers.

or it could be cause I'm a goalie, and we had to pay for our jersey numbers. Being to cheap to pay for double digit, 1 seemed like the logical single digit.

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
Federov in his prime Detroit years was my favorite player of all-time.

Taz

Sep 18, 2004
Letchworth

My number in soccor has been 7 for about 10 years, this was taken. I was going to go for 2 (Leetch) but i play forward so i decided 14 was a good number (Shanahan) + Mark Staal number is also 14

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->