What jersey number do you wear and why?

vivianmb

Jan 10, 2007
winnipeg
www.whocares.ca
i used to wear 10 (for hawerchuk) but then my coaches started playing me as a defenceman, and 10 was a forwards number so i switched to 8, which can be either.
i've been 8 for the last 25 years.

Man Hole Inspector*

I wear #15 it was my dads number and its two of my favourite players numbers (kaberle, kulemin)

PMP5030

Apr 25, 2004
RIGHT BEHIND YOU
I wear #20 because I used to like Robert Lang's playmaking skills, before he became lazy this season. I'm a similar type of player, although I try not to take shifts off....

Backstrom #19

Trotz for president
May 12, 2007
Savannah Georgia
I wear #20 because I used to like Robert Lang's playmaking skills, before he became lazy this season. I'm a similar type of player, although I try not to take shifts off....

I used to wear 20 if 12 wasn't availble but i don't like Lang no more since he don't play with the caps.

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL
Never did play professionally, but if I always promised myself that if I did I would go for #9 because of Adam Graves.

If I couldnt get it, then I'd go for something in the high 80's or 90's, just because it sticks out more.

PaulKariya

Jun 4, 2007
Number 9 because its just a classic hockey number and Paul Kariya wears it, it's also the opposite of the devils number which also is a good thing.

It Kills Me

Aug 6, 2004
# 6 : Cause I was the last to pick a jersey .
# 42 or 88 : Kyle Wellwood and Eric Lindros / Tony Gonzalez are my favourite players.

Raoul Duke*

8 usually. Cam Neely/Eric Lindros.
I wore 88 for a year and just didn't feel right for some psychological reason.

In years were a seniority player already had 8, I went with 12. For no particular reason, it just seemed to fit. Actually, my conspiracy theory, is that teams and other team's coaches tend to focus on numbers quite a bit at the start of a game. 9s, 4s on defense, or people with high numbers like 89.... And for a couple years when I was in bantam and whatever I was convinced that wearing #12 was an inconspicious number and I'd go under the radar for a period and get more open ice. Until they got a feel of who the actual teams best players were..

Might be just self fulfilling prophecy, but I was sold on it and thats half the reason I'd go with 12.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

I used to do 7 because my birthday was August 7

Then I went to 77 cuz 7 was taken

then 17 for the same reason

then 27 for the same reason

now I'm at 87 because of 8/7/87 thing going on with me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->