What jersey number do you wear and why?

vexXed

Oct 23, 2005
Hong Kong
23, or 2 as I'm born on 23/12/82, same as Scott Gomez. Also happens that I play defense so it fits well. I was never a fan of choosing a number because another player wore it, as I wanted the number to be my own. If I played forward I would consider using 12. I've also just realized that if I add all the numbers besides the 2's on my birthday, the total comes to 12 :amazed:

I find it interesting that there seem to be numbers that just 'fit' the type of player depending on style and position. Gotta wonder why this is.

bmxer

Apr 14, 2004
Finland
I wear 14 because of Wayne Gretzky.

"The legend of No. 99 was born when Wayne was a junior hockey superstar with Sault Ste. Marie. Wayne wanted to wear No. 9 in honor of Gordie Howe, but another player already had that number so Wayne wore No. 19 and then 14 before the team's GM, Murray MacPherson, suggested No. 99."

Text taken from the back of my 1998 Pinnacle "Take A Number" - TN8 Gretzky hockey card.

Felix09

Jan 25, 2007
6 My birthday
I wore this number 4 years! The other years, the 6 was not avaible

94now

May 24, 2004
Snow Belt, USA

It's typical winger number, although many great talents wore it.... It is nothing like 7, 9 or 11 which are scorer choices usually.

skymachine

Aug 2, 2005
New York
I currently wear #41...i honestly cant give a direct reason, its not a number known for any particular style, i just like it. For years I wore #6 (b-day 11/6)...but decided it was time for a switch.

mogs

Jan 11, 2007
Jasper AB
5 because I started playing hockey when I was 5 year old. I realized a bit later that everyone else on my team would have been 5 years old as well, so I felt special for getting it lol.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
66, because my first season at age 6 I wore #16 and we won the intermural championship. From there I always stuck with a 6, whether it be 16, 6, or 66.

ThatOneGuy*

13 Kozlov and Datsyuk.

But its usually taken in most leagues, so if we buy our own jerseys I use 59. No reason really, its just unique.

nickrOck

Jul 11, 2006
19 - for yzerman and sakic.. (12 seasons)
55 - i just liked the way it looked.. (2 season)
21 - zubov as a ranger and forsberg.. (this season)

thinking about going with 92 next season since it's my birth date in reverse (29) and i'm born in leap yr..

devilsfan26

Jul 10, 2003
Iselin/Piscataway NJ
9 is always my first choice, which is kind of weird since I'm a defensemen and that seems to be a scorer's number, but it always seemed to be the number given to me when I was a kid playing baseball and soccer so I kinda just stuck with it.

My school's roller hockey team I play on already had a guy wearing 9 though, so I took 26 because I was born on the 26th of November.

Boris Le Tigre

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jan 9, 2007
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
i wear #4 in every sport to honour the most profesional athlete of all time...

check out the legacy around #4 it truly is the best number

Lou Gehrig
Jean Belliveau
Bobby Orr
Bret Favre

truly #4 is #1.... only #9 can approach rivaling it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->