What is your most unpopular Rangers opinion?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Peak Frolov would be fine- assuming he held that level for longer.

Anything less would be a serious disappointment. Less than 200 goals?
Yeah that would be a disaster but we also have to remember that Frolov is a bad example because he retired from the at 28. We're assuming that doesn't happen.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Don't like the handling of a lot of younger players in the organization. It is an alarming concern for some of these guys to look like duds as soon as they play for the Rangers organization. I think it's a by-product from the top.

The team still plays a bad style of hockey that will affect these players long term. Literally worst in the NHL in most advanced stats.

We saw what happened with Buffalo/Edmonton's bright core when they were exposed to bad systems play for a long time. The Rangers can hide that up in the standings because they always have elite goaltending.

I think Gorton has enough strikes (McDonagh trade, Andersson pick, Smith contract, Quinn, etc) to get fired and get a new direction for the organization. I actually want to see them try to control the pace of play for once. The same regiment has been in upper management for the past ~10 years and their style of play has always been praying the goalie gives a 9/10 performance for the most part. It needs to change ASAP.

I'd be shocked if a team like the Kings don't become a contender before the Rangers because they seem to have a strong philosophy in place.
I got on board with the rebuild because of the promise that this franchise which had one Cup in however many decades was going to do something radically different.

As this season goes on, you realize how much it's the same thing just with less talent.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
signing Malakhov over Schneider was a great move for the Rangers.. Ryan Hollweg will be Captain soon

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
All of my opinions are popular, duh.

Stu Bickel wasn't that bad?

I liked Poti?

The way people treated Rosie was disgusting?

Staal sucks but I will never boo him because he bleeds blue?
Bickel wasn't any worse than...I don't know, the dozen other bad defensemen we've had?

I agree with that.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Rangers are using this 3 goalie rotation to piss off Lundqvist so he will demand a trade before the deadline
If 2016 didn't force Lundqvist off the team, nothing will.

Without exaggeration, that team defended at an AHL level.

It was the diabolical perfect blend of AV being checked out, Girardi and Staal falling off the face of the Earth, and McDonagh being always hurt.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
The refs lost us the cup in '14. Injuries lost us the cup in 15'. 14-15' team was every bit as good as its record, corsi ranks be damned.

Reactions: nyr2k2

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Rangers should have gave every chance for Jarkko Immonen to be an NHL player since he was dealt for Brian Leetch.

Reactions: nyr2k2

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
AV is a great coach in the playoffs and also known as the best coach to choke in 2 different series with 2 different teams that had hall of fame goaltending Loungo and Lunqvist :thumbu::sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00