What is your interest level right now?

What is your interest level?

• Total voters

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019

Nobody’s watching this.....and everyone is at home.

The style of hockey played by St. Louis, NYI and Dallas appeals to those of us that love hockey, but not so much to those who are casual. Add in competition (NHL cannot compete during football months), no big markets or Canadian teams/northern teams...it's about as little hype as I can remember in a long time. That goes for last round too.

Reactions: notDatsyuk

OmazingGrace

Apr 19, 2019
why is everyone around here so obsessed with what kind of ratings the NHL gets, its not like hockey is going to die because a million people didnt turn their TV on..

Reactions: VinikToWinIt

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
why is everyone around here so obsessed with what kind of ratings the NHL gets, its not like hockey is going to die because a million people didnt turn their TV on..

upload_2020-9-21_13-35-53.jpeg

I mean...it kind of will if there's a pattern. There's literally no upside to bad ratings, especially with no gate revenue...

Reactions: holy and nofehr

Levie

Mar 15, 2011

Nobody’s watching this.....and everyone is at home. And before anyone @s, yes my time is not playing, and no it's not relevant.

NBA also had a 17 year low recently. My guess is there's just less buzz for the playoffs when there's no crowd and there was a long break between the season to postseason.

Reactions: fasterthanlight
Jul 26, 2007
Vermont
I liked watching Islander games (not even an Isles fan), nothing else has been worth watching for me. Same for soccer , my other game. The lack of crowds just...it's a huge part of the game.

KovalchukFistPump

Too lazy to change username
Dec 24, 2008
California
I suppose it's the same with me every year that the Devils aren't in the mix. I find the first two rounds very fun and interesting but at some point I just lose steam if I don't have some vested rooting interest. There are just too many other sports going on right now and you can only watch so much hockey.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Even if my team wasn’t in the Finals I’d still be all in. It’s been an awesome postseason and sports is a great way to get a persons mind off of real life issues for a bit.

Reactions: Bozo Nicholson

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
I'm watching but it's bad hockey, Dallas is an awful team to watch. It doesn't help that the league has returned to basically dead puck hockey again under fossil Colin Campbell being the director of hockey ops, he has no problems with this style of play it seems.

The Dallas vs Vegas series I couldn't watch after 3 games.

The goals per game in the past handful of games is some pathetic number, under 5 I'm pretty sure. We barely get any lead changes either, it's just perimeter and neutral zone hockey.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006

Nobody’s watching this.....and everyone is at home. And before anyone @s, yes my time is not playing, and no it's not relevant.

There were some who thought that the league would have record numbers because everyone is home and it’ll give them something to take their mind off things.

Did I think summer hockey with no fans would be a hit? No. Did I think it’d be this bad? No.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
all sports are down not only due to people cutting cable for most of the last 6 months, but it's a period where it's unprecedented sports viewing competition

never has hockey, baseball, basketball, and football needed to compete with one another at the same time

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Agreed. It’s just a bad brand of hockey for viewing in my opinion, but it wins...

I miss those old Pens/Red Wings or Chicago/any team series. Not this return to the dead puck style NYI and others are using.

The league can very easily change this, but instead they allow teams to be mildly punished for atrocious hits, and let interference back into the game. Been happening since 2018 with the Knights tbh.

Reactions: saffronleaf

Coburn and Condra

May 13, 2016
Iowa
Most of the country is in full NFL mode now, regardless if there's a competing game that night or not. Plus a warm city Final with relatively small fanbases...

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I'm watching but it's bad hockey, Dallas is an awful team to watch. It doesn't help that the league has returned to basically dead puck hockey again under fossil Colin Campbell being the director of hockey ops, he has no problems with this style of play it seems.

The Dallas vs Vegas series I couldn't watch after 3 games.

The goals per game in the past handful of games is some pathetic number, under 5 I'm pretty sure. We barely get any lead changes either, it's just perimeter and neutral zone hockey.

If it was Dallas vs NYI I actually might have just not watched the finals at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad