What is the highest priority for the rest of the offseason?

What would you do?

• Total voters

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
For anyone who wants to suggest a possible Eichel trade, before submitting your proposal please ask yourself, "Would I accept this for Pastrnak if Bergeron retired today*?" If the answer is not at least, "Maaaaybe," then it's a bad proposal.

*Buffalo and Boston are in very different places as organizations. If Bergeron retired today that would ruin the Bruins. So I put in the modifier to make the hypothetical a little bit more balanced.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
So does he want to come to Boston ?...for how much $$$

Is he the only answer ?
I wouldn’t touch him with his situation. Good question. Who else is out there. From afar, other GM’s seem to make things work with far less and seem to use the loopholes to there advantage. The way the cap is now they only have, what, 1.5 mil. Are buyouts coming? Has he had bites in DB?

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
For anyone who wants to suggest a possible Eichel trade, before submitting your proposal please ask yourself, "Would I accept this for Pastrnak if Bergeron retired today*?" If the answer is not at least, "Maaaaybe," then it's a bad proposal.

*Buffalo and Boston are in very different places as organizations. If Bergeron retired today that would ruin the Bruins. So I put in the modifier to make the hypothetical a little bit more balanced.
A Pasternak deal would be a draw almost. Then you have to replace him. Eichel, like most high end players that wants to be traded, usually go for prospects and picks, which we aren’t full of. Better suitors out there. He’s still in Buffalo. He’s damaged foods with a gigantic contract he never should’ve got.

Reactions: EverettMike

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Jake Grizz 1st and 2nd for Jack
This would give the team about 8 to 8.5 mil of cap space so where do we find the other 1.5. No room for any other transactions for sure. We have to give McAvoy a big raise next year so we are really toying with disaster.

We do need to move Jake and Gryz if we have any chance of obtaining an impact player. Draft picks may also have to be included which is not a good omen.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
This would give the team about 8 to 8.5 mil of cap space so where do we find the other 1.5. No room for any other transactions for sure. We have to give McAvoy a big raise next year so we are really toying with disaster.

We do need to move Jake and Gryz if we have any chance of obtaining an impact player. Draft picks may also have to be included which is not a good omen.
Not a bad deal…….hmmmm

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Highest priority should be to replace DK, but given how Sweeney went on a spending spree to replace the bottom of the roster, they have no flexibility. So what you see is what you get, sadly. Time to blow up the front office and replace those morons with people who are competent.
You know I love you Lonnie but I don't think blowing up the front office will happen.

Maybe their "spending spree " will provide the Bs with someone who can fit into that second line center position. . It won't be DK but who knows? Hall is a pretty good player. Maybe he will develop some nice chemistry with one of the new guys

They can always make a trade if they need to

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Not a bad deal…….hmmmm
I think what would be a good deal is we we could go back before the rfa additions and let someone with a brain control the signings and use the money wisely. Oh well we cannot reverse the disaster that has occurred.

I hope Sweeney and Neely get a lot of flak for these moves.

inactive user

Aug 20, 2020
I think what would be a good deal is we we could go back before the rfa additions and let someone with a brain control the signings and use the money wisely. Oh well we cannot reverse the disaster that has occurred.

I hope Sweeney and Neely get a lot of flak for these moves.
The moves aren't that bad. I just would've felt a lot better about them had we still had Krejci as our 2C going into next season.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
The moves aren't that bad. I just would've felt a lot better about them had we still had Krejci as our 2C going into next season.
The moves are 3rd and 4th line additions which are okay but we have much more pressing issues like a 2C and a good LD. I do not believe they used the money wisely. When 2 of your targets got signed elsewhere (Coleman Martinez) hold onto the money so you have cap space to do something via a trade. Now it has to be dollar for dollar in any deal.

Last edited:
Reactions: inactive user

inactive user

Aug 20, 2020
The moves are 3rd and 4th line additions which are okay but we have much more pressing issues like a 2C and a good LD. I do not believe they used the money wisely.
Realistically they got the best that they could given the players that were available in FA. Not exactly what happened with Reinhart but they really should've been on that. He can play wing/center and he's only 25. Who knows what happened behind the scenes but maybe they should've given a 1st, Vladar, and an extra sweetener to out bid Florida.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
If anyone really believes this isn’t what we go into the season with hasn’t being paying attention to what Sweeney has done in most off seasons. He got a glut of center/wingers on the sole purpose of having them compete for the second line center spot. He is happy with his top four and got a replacement for Lauzon. Goalie was a need just cause Rask is basically done. Sweeney’s done.

Reactions: EverettMike

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Left Dee partner for Mac is still the most important thing. We cannot go in with Grizz again on the top pair getting abused in the playoffs. Coyle or Studnicka can take the middle spots. Next year is the time to go after a Center. They have enough vets to insulate Stud in the middle and a top left dee will compensate for the teams less scoring chances by defending better. No need for Rask anymore in my view they have 2 good goalies, do not waste money on him. More pressing matters then having 3 good goalies.

Reactions: Root

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Were there many quality centers to be had ? I mean I wouldn't pay that position more than our top line.

I don't like everything that they did (management) but they did address the goalie situation nicely IMO.

They also fixed the 3d and 4th line issues pretty well (we will see once they start playing). Everyone bitched about those two lines (rightfully so) all of last season.

My biggest issue is on D.

I have some hope that a current player (or newly acquired) will be able to play second center . There are so many new players. I will be interested to see how the chemistry plays out.

Why not the bolded. This logic has existed since the Bourque salary cap under Sinden. There wasn't anyone that made it to free agency that I would have paid more than those guys but if Nugent-Hopkins got to UFA status why not pay him more to make your team better? This nonsense of "you can't pay anyone more than BERGY" is just that, nonsense. Barkov or Trocheck makes it to UFA status next year, you starting that negotiation with "here's what Pasta makes, you can't make more" how do you think that will go?

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Realistically they got the best that they could given the players that were available in FA. Not exactly what happened with Reinhart but they really should've been on that. He can play wing/center and he's only 25. Who knows what happened behind the scenes but maybe they should've given a 1st, Vladar, and an extra sweetener to out bid Florida.
You do not have to spend the money if you are not getting true value.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
So does he want to come to Boston ?...for how much $$$

Is he the only answer ?
He is signed until 25-26 so that isn't an issue.

I think he is overpaid and spoiled. He also is miles ahead of any center they have not named Bergeron. He makes them better. DeBrusk, Gryz, Studnicka, Vakk, 2 first and you make them take Moore. Cap almost washes and you have a top 6 that is dangerous.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Why not the bolded. This logic has existed since the Bourque salary cap under Sinden. There wasn't anyone that made it to free agency that I would have paid more than those guys but if Nugent-Hopkins got to UFA status why not pay him more to make your team better? This nonsense of "you can't pay anyone more than BERGY" is just that, nonsense. Barkov or Trocheck makes it to UFA status next year, you starting that negotiation with "here's what Pasta makes, you can't make more" how do you think that will go?
I wouldn't pay too much for a second line center . I have seen teams that over pay their players (Chicago for example) and it bites them down the road. Also doesn't Eichel have a questionable injury ?

I guess mostly what I am saying as there has to be more than one option.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad