What is the highest priority for the rest of the offseason?

What would you do?

• Total voters

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
If you say so.

Fact is no one is changing the way they defend against the Bruins because Krejci is gone. Top defensive priory is still to contain the number 1 line.

If you say so MR expert. I'm sure teams won't focus all their defensive resources to shut down the only viable offensive threat on the ice

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
Wasted opportunity with the cap space we had and I’m sure Sweeney knew Krech was done..

nothing but meh to me this offseason other then Hall I guess but that seems like a waste cause who’s his centre?

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Going into the season I like how our team looks on paper for the most part. I’m excited to see Coyle as 2C and I like how our D sets up.

My one concern is that when they play Forbort with McAvoy it likely means Gryz-Clifton as the 3rd pair and that’s an ugly combo IMO. It only gets worse with Zboril and Vaak. Is Lewington good enough to split time with Cliffy? Can they get anything from Moore? Can he play the right?

I think that getting a competent, heavy RD is a priority. Someone who can slide up and play in Carlo’s spot if he gets injured again.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Going into the season I like how our team looks on paper for the most part. I’m excited to see Coyle as 2C and I like how our D sets up.

My one concern is that when they play Forbort with McAvoy it likely means Gryz-Clifton as the 3rd pair and that’s an ugly combo IMO. It only gets worse with Zboril and Vaak. Is Lewington good enough to split time with Cliffy? Can they get anything from Moore? Can he play the right?

I think that getting a competent, heavy RD is a priority. Someone who can slide up and play in Carlo’s spot if he gets injured again.

I'd love a big right handed defenseman like Erik Gudbranson on a cheap deal. I think he is the best of the rest for what you're looking for.

Reactions: Colt.45Orr

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I'd love a big right handed defenseman like Erik Gudbranson on a cheap deal. I think he is the best of the rest for what you're looking for.

I would too, and he is the best of the rest but he’s not a guy who can slide into Carlo’s spot so it might be more valuable to bank the cap space so you can get someone better at the deadline.

In the meantime I guess we’ll have to see if Clifton, Lewington or maybe Lyle can handle the minutes.

Reactions: Flannelman

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I would too, and he is the best of the rest but he’s not a guy who can slide into Carlo’s spot so it might be more valuable to bank the cap space so you can get someone better at the deadline.

In the meantime I guess we’ll have to see if Clifton, Lewington or maybe Lyle can handle the minutes.

I'd like to see Lewington get some games. Lyle is a wildcard. Definitely going to start in Providence, but if he can pick up where he left off last season, I see him getting some looks, if injuries arise.

Reactions: PlayMakers

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
2C is the priority, and a left D, why not give a try to Lohrei at the camp he s a exeptional, already big body, if a mini like Caufield can step up why not Lohrei

Reactions: sarge88

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
At this point I focus on a long term w Charlie. Know your future ceiling of contracts for stability and hope the cap drives up 10-a% over the next 3-4 years.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
2C is the priority, and a left D, why not give a try to Lohrei at the camp he s a exeptional, already big body, if a mini like Caufield can step up why not Lohrei

I don't think anybody in management is thinking LD is a priority at this point. They just spent $18m to lock the left side down for 3 years.

And fwiw, Lohrei is going to college, he's not eligible to participate in training camp.

Last edited:

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

Rielly, Gryz and Clifton all need a stable partner who can work the corners and clear the net. Rielly was great with Carlo and with Clifton it was a mess. It makes rumors of them trying to re-acquire Lauzon make a lot of sense. He can play both sides and gives them flexibility as he can play with all of those guys on the bottom pair.

Reactions: PlayMakers

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I don't really want a former player as assistant coach. Just too much job for life culture in the organization. Fine with the names suggested of course.

I'm pretty high on our top 6 D men. Zboril and Urho at 7/8 are OK. Don't need an add there.

I am also content with the top 15 guys at forward and our top 2 goalies.

A lot of terrible contracts were given out in UFA only a cooked Foligno is going to bite us and its just 2 years. The rumored big names that all got traded elsewhere got offers we weren't going to beat.

Extend McAvoy and Bergeron and do what you can to line up a Krejci return for the playoffs after the Olympics is about it for me.
Krejci can’t come back. Waivers!

Reactions: LSCII

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
IF WINNING in the playoffs is the #1 goal ? Gryz plus has to be traded for a solid physical two way LD. Our d as presently constructed is not strong enough for a long playoff run.

Reactions: Colt.45Orr

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
You can always work out a deal for the last place team to grab him and forward him on to you for a 4th. Cheap pick-up for both teams.

What stops a last place team from grabbing him and flipping him to someone who offers a 2nd/3rd while knowing it hurts a rival in the process?

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
Rielly, Gryz and Clifton all need a stable partner who can work the corners and clear the net. Rielly was great with Carlo and with Clifton it was a mess. It makes rumors of them trying to re-acquire Lauzon make a lot of sense. He can play both sides and gives them flexibility as he can play with all of those guys on the bottom pair.
Reilly is soft! 48 in the PO is worrisome. They need to fix the D imo! But I can tell you, Boston management ain't seeing it like me ;)

Reactions: bme44

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad