What is the highest priority for the rest of the offseason?

What would you do?

• Total voters

kjpm

Sponsor
May 28, 2011
I really don't think we're seeing any upgrades on defense at this point, beyond maybe a depth guy for the right side. They didn't sign Forbort and Reilly at $3M to sit on the bench. What you see is what you get on the backend, to start the season at least. I could see an upgrade at the deadline maybe if one becomes available. They like Gryz and Reilly a hell of a lot more than most folks here do. I think they're banking on at least a few of the guys to grow into their roles.

I don't love it either but it is what it is.

SyZyGY

Jun 13, 2021
One thing that I thought is what if Krejci played a full season in the czech extraliga league and came back to boston for the playoffs? From what i'm seeing on some sites, extraliga's finals start in early april so I believe it could possibly work. I'm not sure if he'd be allowed to sign in Boston so late in the season tho, anyone knows? Could be a win-win solution for him and the bruins.

Reactions: inactive user

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Find a way to sign Krejci without moving a quality player off the roster.

I don't want to see Debrusk dealt at his low point for picks just to create a bit of additional space to re-sign 35-year old David Krejci.

If they use the 35+ bonus structure there is enough there now to add Krejci to the existing 22-man projected roster. Will have an impact on 2022-23, but given the age of the core here I'm OK hedging my bet on 2021-22 over 2022-23.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Same thing it was going in...

2RW
Physical top pair (or top 4) LD
2C

For all the wheelin and dealin Donny did, he didn't address any of the major holes on the team

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019
I still think once money is moved Krejci announced

no need to sign Krejci and go over the cap

The fans are anxious because they don’t know what’s going on

Rask out and near end and Sweeney goes and gets a legit goalie

Krejci near end and he bolsters the third line wingers :laugh:

Shaggy & Scooby would crack this case in minutes

I just exited the Mystery Machine and have come to the conclusion , this case would have been solved days ago if it wasn't for you meddling Lunatic Fringers:laugh:

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019
Same thing it was going in...

2RW
Physical top pair (or top 4) LD
2C

For all the wheelin and dealin Donny did, he didn't address any of the major holes on the team
3rd and 4th line depth / lack of scoring was a big issue last season. That problem has been addressed imo.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
One thing that I thought is what if Krejci played a full season in the czech extraliga league and came back to boston for the playoffs? From what i'm seeing on some sites, extraliga's finals start in early april so I believe it could possibly work. I'm not sure if he'd be allowed to sign in Boston so late in the season tho, anyone knows? Could be a win-win solution for him and the bruins.
Would need to clear waivers if he played in Europe, I believe.

Would also need to be signed before the trade deadline, I believe.

Reactions: SyZyGY

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I don’t see them doing anything else.

I think if Krejci falls into their lap, they’ll take him and pay him a low base salary with attainable performance bonuses and kick the cap ramifications down the line.

Otherwise, I see them proceeding with this half baked center by committee plan.

Imagine what this looks like if Bergeron goes down?

Good thing he’s so young and does not have a history of injuries…

Reactions: BigBadBruins7708

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Since Sweeney royally screwed this up. Trade DeBrusk for a 2nd and 3rd. Trade one of the 3rds (ours or Calgary) to dump John Moore. Resign Krejci, use all remaining cap space to identify and trade for top pairing left D deadline rental. Ideally Ekholm.

SyZyGY

Jun 13, 2021
Hopefully the ''I will see you at the TD Garden soon'' means he'll come over for the playoffs. Welp, I guess it's time to see what Studnicka has in him.

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019
With the latest news and w/o an additional move , I say start the season with Coyle as 2C and Stud at 3C . If Studnicka acquits himself well you can always flip/flop .

As of right now my lines:

Marchy-Bergeron-Smith
Hall-Coyle-Pasta
Foligno-Studnicka-Haula
Nosek-Frederic-Lazar

Gryz-Charlie
Forbort-Carlo
Reilly-Clifton
Zboril-Vaak

Jorah Marshmont

Long may he reign
May 10, 2012
A new GM.

Agreed, I was giving him the benefit of the doubt on Wednesday and saw a somewhat realistic avenue to filling all the holes.

tenor.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad