What if Karlsson signs an extension and stays in Ottawa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
After thinking about it long and hard...

I love EK, but should he really sign here?

I mean, Toronto just got Tavares and they'll lively have 2 top 10 centres on their team among other good pieces. TB is Tampa, Buffalo about to have the best number 1 C and number 1 D punch in the league. Boston is still good but we can probably challenge them.

Now... is Karlsson really better off signing here?

Is Melnyk going to spend or sell in next 2 years? If he is then Karlsson should 100% sign here. If not what's the point? Not only for EK but even for us, if we won't bring in more top talent for EK and we will spend in 3-4 years we might as well trade EK for a good haul and then start again in 3-4 years. Some might disagree and point to Ovechkin in WSH winning his first cup at 32 but he always played for a contender, well basically. Should we just trade EK for a good haul then bottom out 2 years from now. Lmao we can't even bottom out next year.

I still think the time is going to be up for Menlyk, he'll either sell or be forced to sell. And because of that, I truly believe EK must remain with us. If we know for a guarantee, or at least very good possibility, that Melnyk will still have this team in 2-3 year's time, then trade EK. Let him go win cups and art rosses

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
I stopped in at the CTC on my drive back to Toronto last night. (Took the 7)

I think that they would save at least $4M if they do not have to change all the banners and Karlsson images on and in the building.

He’ll be signed to the Sens

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
I have been tweeting that @MelnykEugene account almost every day for a while but it doesn't sound anything like what you wrote. Sometimes I wonder how long it will be before twitter bans me.

Reactions: 6stringmofo

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
I'm in the military and there's a saying that holds true. "Squeaky wheel get's the grease". Well I squeaked.

I work for DND and you simplified the saying a little bit.

Really it is:
"The squeaky wheel gets the grease after an appropriate and transparent procurement process took place involving an initial call-out to vendors, the receipt of no fewer than three bids to sell us grease, a thorough assessment of each product based on quality, manufacturing process and environmental impact, only to ditch the scores and choose the cheapest option, which then arrives 6-8 months after the initial request for grease was made, by which point the squeaky wheel has seized and eventually sheared off completely, thus requiring a new procurement process for a wheel and wheel assembly, but in the meantime, the industrious and genius members of the military have Jerry rigged a wheel off a completely different vehicle and it works better than the original. "

It must be said in one breath, and followed by a high-five to your commanding officer.

Countdown0

Deep Breath... nope, still mad!
Jun 28, 2010
Ottawa
I'll be very happy, briefly. But I'll still want Melnyk to sell and gtfo. He's not fit to be an NHL owner anymore, its pretty simple.

Reactions: Acidrain66

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
IMO EK is only re-signing if Melnyk is gone, so I’d be doubly happy!

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
I'd think Karlsson was making a huge mistake. He's wasted enough of his time and talent on this team and really should be moving on to greener pastures. I wish him nothing but the best but I think it would be best for him and the team to part company. I just don't see the Senators surrounding him with the talent he deserves to play with and I believe the team will be better off in the long term building with the assets acquired in a Karlsson trade. Damn shame about next year's draft pick though.

Last edited:
Reactions: albator71

Countdown0

Deep Breath... nope, still mad!
Jun 28, 2010
Ottawa
If Karlsson signs an extension in Ottawa I will get his faced Tattooed on my shoulder, I

always told myself that my first tattoo would be a zombie centurion when the sens win the cup but this is almost just as big to me.

That sounds like a pretty awesome tattoo. I wont say which, because the answer would be both.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
I don't want Karlsson to resign unless we change ownership and management that will spend whatever it takes to win a Cup. Having Karlsson play here for a below average team serves no purpose, to both parties.

It is time to rebuild with young players and prospects and wait for the ownership to change, hopefully, and everything lining into place.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
With proper funding,and a commitment to winning from ownership down...Ottawa wont be down for long....

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
With proper funding,and a commitment to winning from ownership down...Ottawa wont be down for long....
By funding, do you mean an owner who is comfortable losing double digits in the face of weak attendance? You are asking a lot of an owner to pony up money for people to watch from the comfort of their couches.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
By funding, do you mean an owner who is comfortable losing double digits in the face of weak attendance? You are asking a lot of an owner to pony up money for people to watch from the comfort of their couches.
A new owner will find those same fans rushing out to buy tickets en masse. I don't think anyone's operating under the delusion that reasonable expenditures is coming from current management.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Look ,if EM wanted to actually make a go at making money ....Dont you think there would be about a million better ways than,than trying to be a value brand???

He wants to make big money, while doing nothing....Sports like all other entertain media,is always about hype, trendsetting...And success...EM has done nothing in the way of boosting these three vital areas which would make him the money he seeks...Now if he doesnt want to risk it that,s more than fine,but its also fine if the paying public doesnt want to pay for his non committed,and rather vague ownership of the team

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad