What if David Desharnais produces this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
So....is Eller ready to get a tryout as a top 6 instead of DD?
Eller started where he left last year...so has DD!!

WakeUpNHL

Mar 9, 2011
Montreal
Another classic Desharnais effort. :shakehead
Not one battle won and no need to pass the Zamboni as Desi Arnez was all over the ice on his $3.5M a$$.

WolfgangAmadeusEller*

You'll never win the Cup with Desharnais, Bouillon and Price (as a starter) on your roster.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
I actually thought Briere was worse, because Desharnais was at least trying and not taking lazy penalties.

But yeah, Desharnais is physically nullfied far too easily. I wouldn't write him off yet but force feeding him more and more PP minutes is just hurting the rest of the team without helping him. Maybe it's finally time to try him on the wing?

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Yeah DD looked great against AHLer in the preseason but now it's the regular season and we already see a big difference in his game. If he doesn't give that 2nd or 3rd effort, he will be useless.

MT cannot put him in a better position to produce as he is right now, so he has no excuse. He's getting every opportunities a forward needs to produce, best wingers, playing on every PP, no defensive duty, playing on his natural position etc..

When DD doesn't work hard, it shows. It's very obvious, he's completely useless in every part of the game. A 100% hard working DD can compete in the regular season, when he's not, he's irrelevant. And in the playoffs... I have no faith in him.

NHLFutureGuy3

Aug 22, 2008
Yeah DD looked great against AHLer in the preseason but now it's the regular season and we already see a big difference in his game. If he doesn't give that 2nd or 3rd effort, he will be useless.

MT cannot put him in a better position to produce as he is right now, so he has no excuse. He's getting every opportunities a forward needs to produce, best wingers, playing on every PP, no defensive duty, playing on his natural position etc..

When DD doesn't work hard, it shows. It's very obvious, he's completely useless in every part of the game. A 100% hard working DD can compete in the regular season, when he's not, he's irrelevant. And in the playoffs... I have no faith in him.

Well said :handclap:

If MT keeps giving him this ice time, we won't need to worry about how he plays in the playoffs.

Deaner

Oct 9, 2011
What if DD produces this season? Well then, he will be out the door to the first bidder. I don't love Therien, but he can't be so obtuse as to be giving him these opportunities with some sort of directive from Bergevin to build up his value.

WakeUpNHL

Mar 9, 2011
Montreal
What if DD produces this season? Well then, he will be out the door to the first bidder. I don't love Therien, but he can't be so obtuse as to be giving him these opportunities with some sort of directive from Bergevin to build up his value.

Therrien and Bergevin have placed their bets:

Desharnais - 4 years
Briere - 2 years

Together they take up $7.5M of cap space and will be keeping the more deserving younger players form getting 5on5 and PP ice time.

Question is how long to they ride these horses? When does Therrien start feeling that his job is threatened and make the proper coaching moves?

This could get ugly very quickly.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I have a feeling it's going to be a long, long season for Desharnais this year. He's going to be under a lot of pressure to produce and I'm not convinced he can deliver.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
So I guess he really meant it when he said he doesn't feel the need to bounce back from last season...

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
I think Desharnais doesn't have the mental fitness to overcome the style of hockey. after he signed that 4 year deal worth $14 million, he quit fighting. I see that in his eyes, he's set for life. Kinda reminds me of Alexander Daigle's contract. Quit fighting for a roster spot because he knows he already has one. Desharnais brings nothing to the team at this point. He loses every battle for the puck and relies too much on Max Pacioretty and Erik Cole to give him the puck a few years ago. Now with Daniel Briere, only Pacioretty battles for the puck. Same thing with Ryder last year just wait around for the puck. We need a bigger body on that line to help out or we need to get rid of Desharnais.

Sadly we don't have enough big bodies with skills to make this happen. Can't take Rene Bourque off the first line because he's the only big body battling along the boards for Plekanec and Gionta. Can't take Lars Eller or Alex Galchenyuk off the 3rd line because Brenden Gallagher as tough as he is, needs big body backup.

We need to get rid of Gionta and Desharnais and bring in bigger bodies with talent like Jamie Benn, Wayne Simmons.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Desharnais is hands down my favourite player. He's so good, and not at all a useless ****.

I love when they put the spotlight on Desharnais before every game, as he circles the ice with an oversized Habs flag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad