What if David Desharnais produces this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avengers*

Would you still wanna trade him for pocket change?

seems like most of the fans on hfboards wants him gone.

I could see him getting another season of 55-60 points if the power play works and Pacioretty & Briere score some goals.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
People don't want him gone because he doesn't put up points. He's a bad fit for this team even though he does put up 50-60 points and he's the odd man out at Center, can't play the wing.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
People don't want him gone because he doesn't put up points. He's a bad fit for this team even though he does put up 50-60 points and he's the odd man out at Center, can't play the wing.
That's 60 points and always playing with the teams best wingers, always on the power play and being shielded from any defensive duty.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
If he puts up major points, we sell while his value is high...he needs to go because he's redundant on this team, whether he can put up the points or not...Galchenyuk & Eller are better options moving forward as our #1 & #2 centres.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
I find it funny when you say if Pacioretty scores more like its his responsibility to make Desharnais produce.

He basically rode Pacioretty's coat tail last year and if he didnt ride shot gun with Montreals best scorer, DD wouldnt of even put up 15 points.

DD needs to start making his teammates around him better instead of his teammates making him appear to be producing at a reasonable clip.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
You don't trade him for pocket change.

You do trade him while his value is high if possible. Some people irrationally hate him, he is very much an NHL level playmaker, but the problem is on a team with a legion of ~60 point centers (which isn't actually a bad thing), he's the most disposable.

ZARTONK

Headscratcher!
Jul 4, 2008
Montreal
You don't trade him for pocket change.

You do trade him if the right deal comes along. Some people irrationally hate him, but the problem is on a team with a legion of ~60 point centers (which isn't actually a bad thing), he's the most disposable.

I think he's the perfect trade deadline bait.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
I think he's the perfect trade deadline bait.

Pretty much, he could be massive for a defensive heavyweight team like Nashville, in fact if Forsberg works out right away, he could potentially be DD's new Pacioretty. Unfortunately St. Louis now has the similar Roy. But a team weak on centers could get desperate at the deadline, and while Desharnais isn't good defensively, at least he's average at faceoffs.

DJ Breadman

Jan 18, 2011
Newfoundland
That's 60 points and always playing with the teams best wingers, always on the power play and being shielded from any defensive duty.

agree 100%, there are other things that don't show up on the stats either, like the one on one battles he loses because of his short reach

Picaroon

Apr 6, 2008
New Brunswick
Trade him. Nothing wrong with selling high. We have Pleks, Eller, Briere and Galch with top 6 centre capability. DD doesn't fit.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
If he produce....best time to trade him!!

Offensive center duties will soon be given to Galchenyuk....DD can only be useful to a team in that seat. Matter of time...Plain and simple!

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Not a Desharnais fan but even if he's bad defensivly his line keeps the puck in the offensive zone more than any other line on the Habs. I can live with his size once Gionta is gone.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
I'd still trade him.

My hatred for him has nothing to do with point production

Dusting off old photoshop...

In 3...

9939389986_f6ebab18e7_z.jpg

;)

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I dunno, but I must be in the minorty cause I think you only trade him if he produces. He still has value as a 2nd line calibre player and his hockey sense remains top notch. There is no point in trading him unless you get value in return. That wont happen unless he produces. He does remain a non-core peice and doesn't bring a unique skillset to the team. That makes him moveable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad