Speculation: What happens with Strome?

What do you think happens with Dylan Strome?

• Total voters

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I'd just worry about it later. Now isn't the time to miss games or maybe even hard feelings. It makes sense to have him play right now. You can still negotiate again when his next deal expires. If he still decides to use arbitration and gets a deal the Blackhawks don't like, then so be it. They can easily trade him. If he wants to be a Blackhawk, they'll still find a way to make it work for both sides.

From what we know, the one year QO is on the table as is a multi year offer.

Strome wants one year, but obviously must want more than QO money.

I think Roumeliotis had this info a few weeks back

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Especially when:

1. The cap is staying flat and teams are going to remain very selective with how they use their cap space.

2. He can pretty much be had by any team right now and it would only cost said team a 2nd round pick. Nobody has bitten.

No, they can't because the Blackhawks would match any offer sheet anyway. Makes no sense to throw an offer sheet at player you can't get anyway. You're not making new friends across the league by doing stuff like this...which is why offer sheets rarely happen these days.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I'd just worry about it later. Now isn't the time for hard feelings or to miss games because of contract length or a few dollars. It makes sense to have him play right now. You can still negotiate again when his next deal expires. If he still decides to use arbitration and gets a deal the Blackhawks don't like, then so be it. They can easily trade him. If he wants to be a Blackhawk, they'll still find a way to make it work for both sides.
You don't want... so be it... outcomes! That's a result of giving up or bad choices prior. Or they'll find a way, as in having less space or flexibility down the line. Those aren't what they should just give in to.

The only real thing lost is his development in his potential if he really wants to hold out when it comes to that.

Pertti

Dec 1, 2019
I think the opposite is the case. Pay the man and worry about the rest later. It's in the Blackhawks interest to have him play 1C. His value will only go up but it won't go up if he's not playing. So whether you wanna trade him or not...pay him now. You can easily trade him anyway, even with a few bucks more on his contract. No problem at all. If he wants a one year deal, give it to him as well. Doesn't really matter in the long run.
Bolded: We have been in cap hell about last ten years because we have given the money and worried later.:rolleyes:

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
He will sit out until somebody gives him $3m. He can talk to other teams. Must be someone out there.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Strome should take a 2 year deal and run with it. I can’t imagine anyone other than him getting 1C duties now that Toews and Dach are out of the picture. He’ll probably have Kane on his wing too. This is his chance to show the hockey world exactly what kind of center he is.

If/when he does well, he can carry that confidence into the next season get a contract that fits his talents.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Bowman said he and Strome’s agent don’t agree on the value, and you’re seeing good players around the league taking less money right now.
Yup. It will be interesting to see what happens. Strome would be an idiot to hold out. That would not be too bright. Dylan needs to remember that his agent works for him. Too many times I think these guys forget that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad