Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 1 - THE BEAR throws the cat over the cliff.....again - BRUINS 5 Sunrise 1 - BRUINS lead series 1-0

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Rask Vs. the Pens in 2013 was the best goaltending I've ever witnessed.

Actually the way Swayman is playing reminds me more of peak Rask than Thomas. And even though it ended badly for Rask, Swayman as a long way to go before it hits Rask level of consistency that year.
I sit behind net 1&3 and been watching Bruins goalies since Cheevers & EJ and Rask 2013 penguins was best I’ve ever seen

Rask in my mind is a HOF

Swayman makes me feel like when watching Rask or vintage Thomas

He’s a stud

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I sit behind net 1&3 and been watching Bruins goalies since Cheevers & EJ and Rask 2013 penguins was best I’ve ever seen

Rask in my mind is a HOF

He’s a stud

Didn’t he only give up 2 goals vs. Pitt in 2013?

I think I remember posting on here something like…

Congrats to the Pens on all both of their goals.

DoubleBack

Apr 29, 2024
I wanna see a bit more before making any Thomas/Swayman comparisons, at least take this series first. One thing though, I don't feel like Sway is standing on his head, he's not all over making insane diving saves, he is sound and steady, he looks absolutely relaxed, and I'm loving it!

The only thing that I was anxious about last night in the last 10 min was the Bruins not allowing the Panthers to score a cheap late goal. They need to spend 48 hours starting to wonder about Swayman. A win in game two would be huge, a win with another outstanding goaltender performance by Swayman will ready start to swirl in their heads, it would pay dividends in the next games.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Don't know how this series will turn out, but one thing I am sure of is that the Bruins are much more physically equipped to deal with Florida's physicality. We have added some serious size with the likes of Brazeau, Beecher, JVR, Geekie and Lohrei.
They don't have to be bangers they just have to be harder to bang.

Reactions: Roll 4 Lines

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
I think we will see a better Florida team tomorrow night, but if it’s going to be a long series that’s to be expected. At worst the B’s got a split and at best up 2-0. Awesome! Good to see the heavy bodies (Maroon and Brazeau) stand out as you need the vs Florida. Good coaching also by Monty with the timeout at the right time.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
True.

I look at it this way: This season was completely unexpected, so just enjoy the ride while it lasts.

Who knows what might happen???? :dunno: :stanley:
That is exactly how I feel.

First I said....as long as they get to round 2 I will be happy.. It is difficult to not want more.

Bottom line they exceeded my expectations and this season is not a disappointment. I will cheer them on to whatever end.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
No. Cant coach scared. If we win next game its HUGE

You are right, lopey. Go with the hot hand. I wasn't putting in Ullmark because I was scared, I just felt we could afford to lose if we had to and he is an excellent goalie, best in the league last year and having a good season this year. He hasn't played since 4/22, that 15 games without a real playoff game. Go with the hot hand. Swagman is outstanding. 6 games straight with a game 7 included. Yes, lopey, I am back with you. I was never scared, not with these two goalies.

Reactions: lopey

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada

Rask in my mind is a HOF

He’s a stud
Swayman still has a long ways to go to put him in the same boat as Rask, but I love the way he has been planning since his Bruins debut.
His 308 wins / 2.21 GAA and .921 SVPCT are def. HOF stats.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Any updates when Paul Maurice all pouty face with sniffles we aren’t getting calls the league doesn’t want us to win ?

Going by MPH in the playoffs, Beecher is the fastest Bruin.
On the Jumbotron in game game 7 it was jDB with fastest speed at 23.1 or 21.3

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Me, I think the week off can be detrimental in the short term for the rust factor, but beneficial long-term for the rest factor.
Yes, didn't the Bruins have (can't remember) like a 10 day (or did it just seem that way) wait for the winner of the Western conference (Blues) in 2019. They had so much time that they had that foolish scrimmage game at TDGarden where Brad Marchands wrist was injured.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad